The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    With the EU and Disney stuff, it's kinda like that with star wars.

I like the 40k approach though; everything is canon, but not everything is true.

Some great prices there folks, especially for the shatter and dropkick set.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    *Some shit joke about buying a cat with allusions to vagina*

20210724_091027.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    Legions of Doom.

B3004E66-F206-45BB-8368-BCD4559BB22B.jpeg

I think NuRiD did particularly well at this size class, which gave us the best toy of Steeljaw too. Wish they’d continued it into Cyberverse. Also Legion-scale combiners amuse me no end. And Devy’s mahout there used to belong to a certain Scotsman who will doubtless “like” this post in about three weeks! :D 

• Like Like x 13
  4. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Bloody hope so. But I said that about this year, so I'm going to not get my hopes up just yet.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 10
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Seems like designing a good 'Bee head is a Lost Art, something about the proportions gives me a Muppet-y vibe?
    TR 'Bee's head isn't perfect but it's way nearer than this poor bugger's!

• Like Like x 5
  7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I'll never be a fan of the design of ROTF Devy, but the Takara team did a fantastic job with that Legends class figure. Amazing engineering and somehow fun.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Shushen

Shushen Well-Known Member

Looking great. Have we got any more info on how it will be distributed in Europe? Since its an exclusive in the us.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Siege Fan

It's definitely 'curious', maybe getting deployed elsewhere?

Not to my knowledge, sadly. He'll turn up somehow. Everywhere now has the Bee 2 pack they can't shift lol.

• Like Like x 4
  10. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Retool/Pretool of Cosmos WHEN? :D 

• Like Like x 13
  11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well now my Kingdom Red Alert arrived I was thinking of other mould uses and how and where.

I think it would be appropriate for Takara to release this mould as Deep Cover and Clampdown (Earth Mode) so they are not repeating what Hasbro did exactly. Where as what Hasbro could perhaps consider doing is thinking outside of the box and instead of a sea of obvious Sideswipe repaints (just yet - they can be released later) how about using the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line as a dumping ground of curiosties and what Funpub could have done repaints - and with that in mind - turn Kingdom Sideswipe into REV / Eaglekiller or Firecracker intead.
    Or they could even remould it a fair bit into Flash (though they might have to call him Turboflash or Turbomaster-Flash for the obvious reason).

I do wonder what happened to those rumoured Turbomasters - but maybe they will show up one day like new moulds for the Autobot Targetmasters. I guess if they wanted too The Red Alert Earthmode might be something approaching a Stormtrooper 'Rage' too.

Though obviously whole new mould of that sort of stuff would be so much more exciting - as they sit in the sweet spot where they seem to be new to the casual buyer but are a sweet reference to those in the know - that is why I get all giddy at the idea of modern versions of small subgroups. Core Class Sparkabots would be the bees knees for example.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    Oooh, that alt-mode! :) 

Also, I just realised that "Buzzworthy Bumblebee" is an insect joke. D'oh! :rolleyes: 

Actually that's why I like it - the stretched Muppety head (maybe it looks better in person?) makes him look like a different character. Have decided that "Bumblebee" is a common given name on Cybertron, where family names are things like "Classics", "Legends", or "DOTM", and middle names more limited - mostly "Voyager" and "Deluxe", and many don't use them at all. In this way there can be lots of Bumblebees at once, and they're all different people, coincidentally named after children's toys from our world. (Yes, I am trying to justify having seven different CHUG Bees and the intention of acquiring the rest of them.) :) 

Anyway, I think this guy's going to be fun. As the Actress said to the Bishop. :) 

I like the way it looks like something from a fantasy novel, a hulking cave troll or ogre. And the strange and grotesque individual robot modes. And the fact that it's a proper legit seven-bot combiner, big enough to frighten Deluxes. (If there was a human-sized creature that looked like a green ROTF Devy it would scare me, even if it only ate grass. :eek: )

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  13. John Burrows

John Burrows Well-Known Member

14. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

I love the sideswipe mold, and awaiting the kingdom one even more, but personally I hope they leave it at Sideswipe and Redalert at least for a year or two, the kingdom remold is already similar to the siege one and that was done to death, even as selects, I hope they use the slots for otherbots....

That said I do want to see some 90s euro transformers like the turbo masters, they would be perfect, but maybe they can create a new mold to do the 4-5 bots that could get out of it....thinking Decepticons like rage etc.

With potentially Skids comming and the Stunticons in legacy hopefully we'll have plenty of selects opportunities.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the final series of "Man Down".

Sooooo bloody funny especially the christening episode and the final one :D :D :D :D 

Bought a Basic Bret Hart for £13 shipped off ebay so I can swap the headsculpt onto the WCW Bret I got in the pack with Goldberg.

It's the same sculpt as the Attitude Era Bret released in the Defining Moments line which shares the body mould so I know it'll fit OK.

Trying to find somewhere to pre-order Ultimate Edition Kane & Undertaker after their reveal and may just wait for Ringside Collectibles.

There's now actual proto pics of the next Mattel Bret Hart,
    Bret Hart - WWE Elite Survivor Series 2021 WWE Toy Wrestling Action Figure by Mattel! (ringsidecollectibles.com)
    One of the goofy smiling faces again :rolleyes: 

And a very cartoony looking Hogan,
    Hulk Hogan - WWE Elite Survivor Series 2021 WWE Toy Wrestling Action Figure by Mattel! (ringsidecollectibles.com)

All they need to do for a decent 80's Hogan sculpt is shorten the 'tache and lose the stubble on the different heads from the Ultimate Edition Hollywood Hogan.

• Like Like x 6
  17. John Burrows

John Burrows Well-Known Member

I like to think so :D :p 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Well, I promised you a treat, didn't I? And you've all been so very good, so your mum and I think you deserve this.

(No, I didn't sing on it. The world isn't ready for my singing voice just yet)

• Like Like x 19
  19. Siege Fan

20. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Just as I remember it!

Feels...

• Like Like x 9