The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

Where are people sourcing the Buzzworthy Bumblebee cybertronian version?
    I can’t seem to find him with any of the usual online retailers.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

Has anyone else heard anything back from HOF about Sky Lynx?

Just email them about it and all I got was some message saying the item could have been out of stock (it was not). I have sent another email.

Does anyone know their phone number?

• Like Like x 5
  3. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    dammit, cannot unsee.

• Like Like x 6
  4. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

He was found at a Target in Dallas in the States I think, like only just the other day. I’d keep an eye on ID Toys or even Pulse for this one. Kapow might have him but see what their Facebook says as well.

• Like Like x 7
  5. FlyingKato

FlyingKato Well-Known Member

Back home after a mad Silverstone weekend. This lad arrived last week and I confirm he’s class.

Just an earth-mode Hound and some new deluxe minibots away now from having my dream Autobot collection complete.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    It works incredibly well with the wee guys!

It's the wide head. It just puts me off a bit. But I still want it.

You see, I can't help but feel if flixbee hadn't turned up and handsome'd up the joint, we'd be more collectively forgiving of its shortcomings. Which.... Is that fucking head.

I'm still wanting it. That is a great alt mode. And I'm here for any glyph/ aileron repaints

Think a few naughty retailers in the States have him, but none online yet.

• Like Like x 11
  7. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Star and ID have said they have preorders going up at 2pm and 3pm, with the hint they are Target exclusives.

But I have no idea which property or properties they belong to.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Yeah, I think that's about my feelings too. Glyph would be aces, especially if she got a retooled head and chest.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Good to hear it's good tv. I know there's all that noise about he man not being in it and it being the teela show, even before folks watched it, but as long as Adam is in it plenty, then it'll be fine to me. Like Stark being out of his suit for most of Iron Man 3, the character is still there. And wasn't it an ensemble cast originally anyway?

I only have one question before I watch: As I only have the very very basic level of knowledge about MOTU, and know none of the lore at all, will I be able to follow the story and what's happening, or do I need to know details about characters, backstories etc going in?

• Like Like x 7
  10. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

MOTU Revelation then. (No spoilers at all!)

For me it's the definition of a mixed bag. Most of it's decent but it feels like they really were working around the new toyline. Even the original show wasn't that blatant.

Anyway, firstly, it's not the woke nightmare many are claiming so they're favoured by the YouTube algorithm. There's some tacked on moments and there's no doubt the showrunners couldn't help themselves in the odd scene but it isn't truly in your face. As a barometer if you like, Netflix She-Ra is WAY more woke and that got away with it, so...

My main issue with it is the general inconsistency. People are having heartfelt conversations here all the time for instance, and that's fine. But there's obviously a reveal coming and so characters keep shutting conversations down as they're having them! Like 4 times a reveal being saved for the next season is so clumsily handled it's cringey and laughable.

This often leaves the dialogue in a bad place. It bounces between brilliant and just whatever kills time or gets to the next scene. And because of the usual BS Netflix episode requirements that fatally damaged their Marvel shows, WFC and fuck knows what else, there's quite a bit of padding masquerading as fan service before the next scene. Again, to help sell toys too. Most of the humour is so cheap it doesn't land.

The voice acting is mostly fine but sadly Teela and Skeletor's are all over the shop. One minute Teela sounds like the merc warrior she's now supposed to be, the next it's Sarah Michelle Gellar phoning it in. Hamill has the right tone for so many individual scenes then it goes out of whack mid-sentence lol.

It looks really good but the action is pretty stilted. It's just got that anime sped up/slowed down, strike a pose nonsense going on instead of being lethal. It's also got some jarring body horror moments considering most of it is done to be safe.

Characters are sacrificed one way or another just to clear the screen. There's way too many folks here for a quest story. Way too many. And like Bumblebee so many characters you see at the beginning are never seen again.

And yet it has some good ideas! Since they've clearly been forced to include the new toys at every opportunity, they've used the older ones as best they can in places. Nods to the OG series too.

There's a look at Eternia's dual relationship with magic and tech but this is really just an excuse for more stilted action and padding.

Hopefully it's gotten a lot of crap out of the way for the next series because I couldn't say it's been thrilling or even very interesting. I've no idea what it looks like to a non or middling fan, but I think kids could really enjoy it at least.

I'm personally hoping for more of a plot next time that doesn't just throw characters and Macguffins at the screen before immediately discarding them. Though at least things pick up a bit before the finish.

Overall this series is... meh, really. It just didn't do anything especially well IMO. I find it far weaker than the 200X series and much less interesting. It just needs to introduce characters when necessary, mostly. That would solve a lot of ancillary problems in my view.

@Insurgent You should be fine just going in cold!

• Like Like x 9
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Napalm approved. Sold.

Edit: Ooooh but Siege fan has cast some doubt...

I need to get off the internet and make my own mind up later.

• Like Like x 11
  12. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you use webchat, follow the automated process a few stages, when it askes if they have solved your enquiry click no and it gives you the option to connect to one of the team. Real person on web chat then.

It looks like webchat isn't available at the mo though. It was earlier.

• Like Like x 5
  13. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

I wonder if it’ll be the BB Cybertron Bee, then again idk if he’s a Target exclusive in the US. Do we know what else apart from T-Wrecks?

• Like Like x 6
  14. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    HOF cancelled my Maverick order a few hours after I placed it, when I contacted them they claimed they didn't receive payment; my bank had the transaction listed as "pending" which in my experience resolves to "paid" within a short time. My Smyths order placed shortly afterwards went through fine. Conclusion: HOF can do one, didn't want that silly Crossover toy anyway. :p 

Cybertron Bee looks strange, but then he can be a new character who was built that way. I have the Maas Toys WWI (love that acronym!) Bee though. So obviously I don't need this one. Do I? :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 8
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Is the world's collide set notionally a Target exclusive? Much trepidation ensues!

• Like Like x 5
  16. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the way the shadow of the Matrix casts a Punisher like skull on Galvatrons chest. :cool: 

• Like Like x 9
  17. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    On that subject I recently read both Punisher: Platoon and Punisher: Soviet by top Punisher writer Garth Ennis and enjoyed both, particularly the latter. He loves writing old war stories (which I think is what he's best at, though I did love Preacher) and in these two books he manages to combine that with Frank killing people. Which is what Frank likes best.

frank #3 - jim woodring (fantagraphics)_frank 03 - 04.gif

• Like Like x 11
  18. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Had a quick google and couldn't find any for sale. Any ideas @Napalm ?

• Like Like x 4
  19. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Soooo, not into the head, the colour or the kibble hanging off all of him. I also have no real collection to display him with. Still want him though don't I? Fuckin' mug.

Any hints about a Cybertronian Wheeljack to chill with this guy?

• Like Like x 8
  20. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Looks like my BS Beskar Mando might finally be shipping from C&C...just got an 'order processing' email...only 3 months after i placed the order

• Like Like x 3