The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I wonder if they’re doing the various retailers who have loads left a favour?! Then at some point he’ll be ‘rebuilt’ into the SS ‘86 design.

Given the number of easy repaints they haven’t done we could be seeing Selects versions of the current figures for a good while.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    You forgot Thunderwing

Now trying to imagine what a Welker Bumblebee voice would sound like?

On that note, I like to imagine SG Megatron sounds like his Commander Nibbler voice from Futurama. Something about that overly deep, heroic sounding voice seems like it'd fit a heroic Megatron. Granted this is inspired by a note on TFWiki that one of the architects of SG saying they imagine SG Optimus sounding like a villain voiced by Peter Cullen in the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon :D 

Hmm I guess there are some similarities, and I will admit I've yet to watch TFA so can't say how much like that version she is though I do now see what you mean about colourscheme, but to me in my mind at least they are still distinct characters, and not in the way that TFP Arcee and G1 Arcee are distinct takes on the same character. More like I suppose how Optimus and Ultra Magnus are similar and tick many of the same archtype boxes but are still, ultimately, different people. I suppose that's why it just bugs me when I see people call Airachnid Blackarachnia :) 

I would love for a true sequel to Prime given the budget they needed (and used, being over budget on a regular basis was apparently an issue) and that hanging question of Megatron's fate would be a great hook. Heck, could also tie into season one of RiD2015 if it were to take place afterwards and it's own hanging question of exactly who or what was the 'power greater than the primes' Megatronus was talking about which I gather was never followed up on.
    One plot hook idea I have for Megatron would admittedly be using him as 'The Worf' somewhat and have him come crashing down on Earth or Cybertron from deep space, heavily damaged, bearing a warning of a greater threat? Though what that would be I don't know as they already did Unicron. Maybe something to do with the Vok? Or something entirely new?
    Another similar one would be Megatron returning and rallying a new army but his motives are to prepare Cybertron to face some other threat. This is assuming he didn't backslide on his comments in PR about having lost his taste for domination after suffering it himself.
    I just like to imagine that in the wake of PR and being shaken to his core he went out into space exploring and possibly stumbled upon... something.

#Toysaremadetobeplayedwith

YES!

Thunderwing, now with trailer. No he's still a plane, he's just dragging a trailer behind him.

...this I gotta see!

I've not read IDW 2.0 but from the bits I've heard I feel like it will be better to read in graphic novel form rather than week to week. Besides, I still need to go back and read the earlier IDW 1.0 stuff as I started with Windblade and then jumped back to Dark Cybertron and barring a few miniseries forays earlier I've yet to read the earlier stuff.

I do! I didn't know I did until your post but now I do!

He does look great and I loved him in the show, one of the real highlights of Season 3. I need to get his BH toy sometime..

Looking back as an adult I think for me Rodimus suffers from coming across as a character designed to be 'cool' by committee and that rarely works. More than Meets the Eye made me like the character :) 

...I want to see this AU, get writing!
    That is an interesting point though, did Galvatron fare better because under it all he's still Megatron, rather than some new guy who suddenly got made Prime - and we learnt that was a title and not just Optimus' name - if Rodimus had been a new form of an existing Autobot would he have fared better?

The guy who takes lava baths need to protect himself from the sun? o_O 

Edit: And thanks for that writeup @barry You have a way of making me nostalgic for things and times I didn't experience! :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    It’s something they could do, used to annoy the hell out of me only finding the POTP repaint in places, I think Kapow had him knocked down to like £12.99 at one point last year just wasn’t selling. I’d probably go for an 86 repaint though I absolutely love the 86 Jazz mold.

I wouldn’t mind, just want them to be a bit more creative over what characters they pick for the molds. Rotorstorm was a step in the right direction, never would have thought we’d see him from Spinister.

Still pining for Quake from Impactor, and Drift/Deadlock from the Siege Springer mold.

• Like Like x 6
  4. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve thought about Hot Rod / Rodimus a lot over the last few years as I’ve rewatched the movie with fresh ‘adult’ (if we can call ourselves that :lol ) eyes and I can see that both Hot Rod / Rodimus had great design & looks, it’s simply that as hard as it is to say, the movie made some questionable story choices that affected how we look at the characters for years.

In my mind if Hot Rod had interfered in Optimus’ fight with Megatron and ‘saved’ him, I think the fans would have loved him far more.

You can still have had Prime die, just move it to when Galvatron first attacks Autobot City instead. A still badly injured (from his earlier fight with Megatron) Optimus holding the line as a last stand, stalling the Decepticons till the other Autobots escape would have been immense.

This way Prime would have got a great heroic send-off, showed how powerful Galvatron (and more powerful he was than Megatron, especially!) was ‘and’ enhanced Hot Rod’s character to the viewers.

As it is I was never much of a fan of Rodimus as a child, but as an adult I can appreciate him far more and see his doubts as much more ‘realistic’ than Optimus’ all knowing hero.

The Target exclusive ‘Golden Disk’ collection has a Jackpot figure listed, which is likely a black repaint of SS’86 Jazz with a new head (as someone who has the Takara RTS Jazz mold as Stepper I’m relieved he’s someone different this time!)

899154F1-653B-4A52-BE86-635CAEE012C2.jpeg

Because of how similar this would be to Riccochet / Stepper I imagine that’s why he’s not been teased in Gen Selects yet, but I think he will show up in a year or so (like how we keep getting Siege Sideswipe repaints even now!)

• Like Like x 8
  5. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Glamvatron doesn't follow trends fools, he sets them!

You dare question galvatron?!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Best toyline in years.

20210721_113504.jpg

20210721_113336.jpg

20210721_122908.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  7. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw this before going to bed last night. :eek:  Looks damn tasty.

Yeah, he's the right size and will do until they feel the need to release a Deluxe version down the line!

So, where's everybody else?
    No need for another Wreckers shelf just yet, but who knows, in the next year or two? Maybe we'll get some G2, some Headmaster Juniors... one can only hope.
    20210721_121906-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Ok that's TWO alternate TFTM we need now. And that's not even counting @Imperator 's rewrite!

Oh no! :confused2 

Edit: Forgot to say before, #GiveUsAnAileronToyYOUCOWARDS

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    @VehiconVindication Mirage and Grimlock two pack arrived sending you a PM once I’ve got a chance to crack them open and inspect for QC.

ID dispatched Remd Alermt along with “Bumper” and Daniel so that’s something to look forward to.

Just waiting for Roddy now :( 

• Like Like x 8
  10. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Very small delivery today, My Dr.Wu Prime Commander has arrived from TFSafari. Here he is next to a dusty WST Prime for scale. Be interesting to see if Dr.Wu keep making figures in this size because I've a feeling Prime (and also Beachcomber) are going to look great next to The Ark.

upload_2021-7-21_12-55-32.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Flava Wave

IMG_20210721_130539104.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  12. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Where did you order from?
    I ordered the entire wave from Hasbro Pulse and am assuming they'll be the last orders fulfilled...

• Like Like x 6
  13. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

Was thinking of buying Kingdom Rodimus then I watched Emgo’s review and saw the size comparison between him and Cyclonus. Not paying £75 for a Voyager figure plus a trailer I won’t use

• Like Like x 6
  14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    First week of "freedom" and our local post office is shut for a week as all the staff have been pinged. Town is awash with maskless wankers. "Its not mandated" is the epitaph for the masses. So tired of this country. Back to supermarket deliveries I reckon.

• Like Like x 17
  15. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

ID toys.

Have Pulse UK fulfilled a preorder for anything?!

• Like Like x 4
  16. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I'd probably agree if MOTWWEU wasn't a thing. It's the weirdest shit I never knew I wanted.

The two ranges work together very well. I've considered getting the Funko Savage World Thundercats to go with it, but the first case I ordered years ago most of them were broken.

• Like Like x 3
  17. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's another thing for my never to be written fanfic

• Like Like x 5
  18. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

I finally decided to try and fix ER 'Streakers roof in alt mode...took a tiny file to the holes on the legs (didnt file the tabs on the roof as i didnt want to compromise bot mode) and spent just a few minutes filing and now its a perfect flush fit.

I recommend everyone does this stupidly easy fix

• Like Like x 5
  19. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Just seen the Nightbird MP pic. Mp-55 nightbird
    There was something not quite right about Arcee for me, but looks like this re-do could be pretty good. Kind of wondering if it was intended from the outset.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Which holes exactly?

• Like Like x 2