The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I love that SG Jetfire, I am not buying figures from the SG line so that’s a nice saving for me.

Is very tempting though. I always liked Siege Jetfire and I know a few in the group are not so keen on the mould but in black he is very fetching.

Damn it - resist resist. :eek: 

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

I think I’m with you, it does look rather nice. However, whilst The embargo is in force it’s a good chance for me to reassess where my collecting goals lay. In reality, mainline toys take a backseat to the 3p legends I collect so I’m happy to sit it out and wait for second hand versions of ones that might interest me, especially as I don’t keep the boxes for Hasbro things. I see Galvatron and the like coming out and I’m not too bothered really which probably tells me I’m not interested in Hasbro stuff at the moment beyond specific goals, great for the wallet though.

• Like Like x 5
  3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me that's kind of the issue with it all,the mark ups not too bad and not a patch on botcon prices but it's based on a higher initial retail cost that I don't think often sticks. In this case Hasbro keeps trying to push for a high commander price point of like £80 where they think demand is and yet they seem to plateau out at £70ish in some places or as time goes on. I feel like voyagers have been similarly slowly working their way up from £25 to 30 and now £33 with wreckgar and studio series seems to have established whacking an extra couple of quid on per size class than kingdom. Then again when you see resellers or deals you're looking at mid to high twenties for a voyager. Overall I think there's a disparity between what hasbro wants to price stuff at and what the majority are willing to pay/demand is for the product. Stuff like this I can see getting discounted myself but time will tell. Bugbite and exhaust were must haves upon release but clearanced down to a steal/ below retail recently.

All this isn't helped of course by Hasbro thinking changing the $ symbol to a £ symbol is the same as converting the price using an exchange rate.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  4. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Gwar the Mod Butcher

News Credits:
    SG Jetfire pre ordered. But I do wish we’d have got a 3rd heroic Decepticon instead.

• Like Like x 8
  5. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Would any words actually help? This is absolute trash. Slap yourselves a couple of times, look at Flix Soundwave, then get a grip!
    (J/K, do what you want, want what you like!)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

:p 

I can nearly taste the colours!

This on the other hand... it looks like somebody puked in the hood of a 1980s ski jacket :oops: 

• Like Like x 5
  7. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

I’m up for that! DM your details and we can get it sorted :) 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    Both shatterers and glassers.

411DBE27-C606-4DFE-8EA4-7AD335764254.jpeg

SG Jetfire up at IDT, preordered one to go with Goldbug, Megs and Starscream. Looking forward to Soundwave as think it’ll be a repaint of the Netflix one. Go Spockbeard go! And other such utterances. :cool: 

These are actually my fave decos for the Earthrise Prime and Ratchet molds - I ever prefer SG Prime to Undead Spacedad, who was my #1 TF last year! Blurr has floppy sleeves, like a wizard who just stole two tables' worth of snacks, but his face-sculpt is terribly droll and Ratchet is clearly a rubbish medic who needs to find Movie Prime's stash of faces. :) 

• Like Like x 13
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

Would have liked to have seen Soundwave for those that are into the SG stuff. The Jetfire is really nice but not really sure I have a place for it. I’m all over SG Starscream though since I’m gonna repurpose him as Decepticon/Mercernary Samurai “Iceflight” and maybe give him a targemaster as a partner? I know one of the molds can sort of friction peg under the nosecone of the Siege seeker, think it’s the Aimless mold. Need a name for that one…suggestions? One off the top of my head is “Hard-shock” and that’s my favourite for now.

• Like Like x 8
  10. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

Anyone can do accurate colours or ones that complement each other (even Hasbro, mostly), it takes a special vision to go with "explosion in a paint factory" as a design choice. :oops: :p :D 

• Like Like x 5
  11. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

SG is cool but I can’t go down that road lol

• Like Like x 7
  12. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

I really hope 'Flix Bee and Soundwave get reissued in a later SS86 line, now that I have Scourge I do want to get as many movie figs as i can now.

I would have bought the little yellow shit if I had ever seen him instock and SW was just stupid priced

Oh and did anyone get any surplus ER Screamers from big Mike?

• Like Like x 4
  13. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Is it wrong my main interest in an SG Soundwave is the potential for a pack in SG Ravage?:D 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Buzzworthy Bee at some point.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

Soooooo, Kingdom Galvatron.

Where to begin? I think we'll start with the infamous incorrect shoulders; shit happens.

Now, on to the figure itself: amazing, gorgeous and an almost perfect G1 representation of Galvatron.

This thicc herald of Unicron is priced at Leader class and rightly so; he's huge, well built, and includes some interesting accessories. His joints are strong too, everything is super solid. I feel like pictures make him look extra wide and stout, but in person, he's well proportioned and an absolute marvel to stare at.
    He really feels like the leader of the Decepticons.

His robot mode features everything you've ever wished for in a modern Galvy figure: big orange boom gun, beautiful head sculpt on a ball joint, movable shoulder pylons, rotatable wrists, chonky legs and an awesome paint job to match. This guy is very well sculpted, and you can just feel the presence and quality oozing out of him.

Transformation is pretty simple, and despite some people disliking the alt mode; I think it's probably the best G1 galvatron alt mode we're going to get. It's also bloody huge. The fact the cannon can be adjusted vertically is a massive plus too.

Okay, now on to the accessories: the matrix chain is awesome, the nemesis guns are a bit of an odd choice in my opinion. Not keen on them, they do make a good matrix stand though. I would include the cannon, but I feel that's an integral part of the character anyway (the cannon is massive).

B A D S:
    I wouldn't actually say anything is a huge downside, but nothing is perfect:
    • The cannon peg has somewhat limited rotation due to being more of a keyhole shape towards the base of it.
    • Shoulders can untab a bit easily
    • FAT treads
    • Battle damage (why)
    Despite the cons (get it), buy this big purple robot man. He's the figure a lot of people have been waiting for, and it's obvious that a lot of thought and love went into designing him.

20210713_192908.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  15. Saito Satoru

Saito Satoru smile

News Credits:
    Very random question, but can anyone with the 2010 Drift/Blurr mold and any Titanmaster try and see if the TM's head balljoint is compatible with the Drift/Blurr head? I have seen it done in the Radicons thread, but am not sure if the balljoint fit at all or do I have to widen/sand the head down! Thanks to anyone that's kind enough!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  17. Feloniicharges

Feloniicharges Well-Known Member

This is a particular and persistent bugbear that really grates upon my nerves as well. What is the bloody point of having a highly complicated international monetary exchange system if some can seemingly ignore it at will?

• Like Like x 9
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Well, it's been a busy old week.
    While rushing to cook some breakfast on Friday ahead of a work meeting (I was actually off work on Friday. Such is the nature of things just now) I managed to stick a knife in my finger. Great news, as I was off to pick up a guitar in Manchester. I've enjoyed not being able to play the guitar. Tremendously.
    Quick trip to a minor injuries unit out in the sticks (going to A&E in Leeds city centre didn't strike me as wise), and my finger was all bandaged up and ready to be kept dry for seven days.
    [​IMG]
    One for the gore hounds.
    [​IMG]

Then it was off to Elland Road on Sunday for my second Moderna jab. Hooo boy, does that kick! I was fine until woke up in the middle of the night, sweating like Bezos and Branson at the mention of the word 'justice'. Monday was a total write off as I felt like I was done with one fucker of a flu. I woke up Tuesday with less of a fever but still unable to move my shoulder more than 45 degrees.

Oh, and football. Looking at some of the posts on here, I'm reminded why my grandad had a 'no colours' (football shirts) policy in the house.

And while all that was going on BW Ravage and Fangry get revealed. I must admit, I'm indifferent to everything but Fangry and I'm irritated that I'm going to have to pay premium rates for another three figures I'm not arsed about. HASBLOW *waves fist*. Fangry looks great though. I'm weirdly happy to see a TR mold getting another punt.

And Galvatron has arrived. Having inspected the misassembled shoulder situation I'm happy to report that I don't give a shite about fixing it.
    [​IMG]
    Right, off to do the big catch up.

• Like Like x 19
  19. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Does anyone else have issues accessing the Pulse site on Chrome?

I can get on the site, go to different categories but cant select individual figures

• Like Like x 3
  20. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Based on your report, I am pretty sure that knife was from Earthrise

• Like Like x 6