The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Epoxy resin maybe?

The way he holds the gun reminded me of Core Class Prime, and then I remembered just how many repaints we should be in for!

BBC News - Super Mario 64 game sells for record-breaking $1.5m at auction
    Super Mario 64 game sells for record-breaking $1.5m at auction

I tried to bribe the auctioneer with a Siege Skywarp but no dice.

• Like Like x 8
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Going to give Show Z Store a message to see what's occurring with their stock of Transform Element Scorponok is as it's been a while since I paid for it and no sign of it being shipped.

Been having a play around with Kingdom Blackarachnia and think she's pretty good, going to watch a video for the transformation later. Still not liking the orangey colour but as a figure it's nice overall.

Gradually putting stuff on my new bookcase and getting used to the smaller shelves, so far I've got most of my Classified Series figures and a few wrestlers on there which'll open up space elsewhere so some Marvel Legends and other Transformers will be brought back out.

@doucoo,
    I'm a little wary of too many new terms for figures being created as there's already so many versions of Legends scale that it gets confusing. eg "Is this a Legends plus OSKO mini Masterpiece repaint?" :D 

That said,"mini Masterpiece" isn't a bad description for a lot of the Legends scale stuff from Newage and Magic Square because between them they cover the Hasui era design aesthetic and the more recent cartoony direction that Takara switched to around MP24.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Kingdom Galvatron received today from C&C.

He's very good; defo not perfect, but only a few annoyingly short notches below that.

Mine has the reversed shoulders bit just flip around, rotate etc; done deal. Not the end of the world. He's very hefty for his size. Joints are nice and tight, decent paint apps. Transformation is nice, spaceship cannons actually look great in cannon mode and his actual cannon muzzle is superb.

In terms of articulation I wish his toes swiveled back and forth. Odd gaps on his wrists considering all the rest of his is solid.

May go for the G1 toy variant. Defo my most substantial leader class figures in a long time.

• Like Like x 10
  4. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

Went Bury Smyths in hopes of a correctly shouldered Galvatron

Unfortunately they all look like this.

IMG_1262.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. Siege Fan

Mattel's Creations project Sgt Slaughter (don't ask, no idea where to start) @bcm77

Login • Instagram

Edit, more details

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

@Braddock It deffo a split, I can’t see an obvious join on the intact one, I know rubber can be susceptible age wise, I seem to remember an issue with the RID 2001 Cars?

Sorry to hear that yours succumbed too :( 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

I think there's quite a few of us still waiting on Sandstorm. From what I've heard only a handful have made it over to the UK so far. Strange, given that most of the selects releases have been relatively easy to get here...
    My current theory is that there is a container full of him on the Ever Given, that the Egyptians have only just released from impound following the Suez Canal debacle.

Oh dear, that doesn't bode well for the Maverick I folded on. His box doesn't look like it would hold up to any rough treatment
    E85440000_630509934782_pkg_20_Large_300DPI_2000x.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

You're really trying to enable me on more Prime figures huh? :p  Also hey, I have that Predaking! :D 

That trainbot looks neat!

Thanks for the heads up but I like her normal head(s) and had already decided to pass on the Arcee heads. I'm thinking Hasbro's lawyers waded in again.
    TBH I don't think of Nicee as a 3P Arcee, she's her own ladybot :) 
    I feel sorry for those waiting for it though...

Speaking of BFB, the Magic Henshin team from Bombusbee has left Japan (or wherever he is) so should be winging their way to me, woo!

• Like Like x 7
  9. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Nice to have another option for Sarge but I'd still lean towards the V2 of the Valaverse one as there's more options with the swappable hands and arms so you an have him with or without the jacket.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Siege Fan

For me I wanna see how this plays out, cost, availability, shipping, wider direct sales etc as it could be done for MOTU.

• Like Like x 3
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

A lot of Mattel's WWE figures seem to be really hard to get hold of particularly the Legends waves since they started them up again, even the US stores like Ringside Collectables seem to struggle getting them so it will depend on whether Mattel can improve this situation.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Siege Fan

You just reminded me the crossover exists! That's how badly that's been distributed...

• Like Like x 3
  13. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Btw, mystery solved: it's a Zoids accessory.

• Like Like x 3
  14. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Trounis Galvon

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    They're great toys, this is the fifth one in the line so far.
    I'm out to see Miss Noir Spider tonight (bloody finally!) but I can post some more pics tomorrow if you want them. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    I've got a preorder with 'Til All Are One' toys on Facebook, but they don't seem to want to answer my emails about it.

• Like Like x 6
  17. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

The Ultimate Edition line also seems really badly distributed, I'm still waiting on the Randy Savage figure from wave 9 even though it's been out for months in the States and they're already getting wave 10 with Stone Cold and Flair.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Sure :) 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Kapow specifically mentioned (possibly in a reply to their FB post of it) that they were in the dark, and weren't getting a lot of heads up from Hasbro currently.

Not done a lot of rubber repair, slathering KO Vaseline on my Phantom X-19's tyres is my first attempt, but I have a theoretical solution:
    Stitch the ends together with some decently tough black thread but loose, so that there's a gap with loose ends that can be pulled taught. Put the stitched track in position on the figure (with the gap away from any of the mounting and the inner wheels so as to avoid overspill of your chosen additional bonding substance), then apply either rubber cement or Loctite POWER FLEX specifically (it's purportedly for use on rubber as well as other materials), then cinch the stitched gap closed, tight enough that the snapped surfaces meet. Then let it cure for at least 24 hours (and pray to the Mod Gods however you see fit).

• Like Like x 7
  20. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

Okay, it only took me a total of 4 hours to decide I wanted to fix Galvatron; I just love tinkering.

The fix isn't perfect as there are minor stress marks, but I can live with that. They're not that bad. Most of the actual damage is within the shoulder itself, all cosmetic though and doesn't affect rotation.

Both shoulders are solid in terms of stability. Used a pin punch to put the pins back in. Also heated the plastic with a hairdryer. Not the easiest fix ever, but super happy with the end result.

20210712_183152.jpg 20210712_183121.jpg 20210712_183110.jpg

• Like Like x 6