The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Is that...Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?

• Like Like x 7
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

It is.

The toilet bit still makes me laugh!

• Like Like x 5
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:

I’m not liking the look of this new Armada stuff, Optimus isn’t a flat nosed truck and Bumblebee is called “Hot Shot” idk what Hasbro are playing at.

• Like Like x 6
  4. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I think you are mistaken. Bumblebee is Optimus' minicon, a yellow, little prick. Hot Shot is not bumblebee, but just a giant yellow prick.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Lol.

I wanna watch Steve Martin movies now.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Looks like Skull Knight from Berserk. :) 

Is that why he's darker? I bought both the reg w/ trailer and the one without and I wondered why the colors were darker as I'd never owned the original G1 Op (yet).

• Like Like x 5
  7. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    "Mather?"

"...not mather?"

• Like Like x 6
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The old Video Rental memories are still there!

Sudden urge to track down the '85 Comedy Film 'Water', it's a Caine on video/the telly thing.

BTW has anyone else seen Mamet's 'The Spanish Prisoner' film? Martin's a revelation in that, it made me wish he'd done more straight acting. He's a damned good Heavy it turns out.
    Also starring Campbell Scott who was mooted as a potential Cyclops by some, and at the time, mid-to-late '90s, I'd deffo agree with that chiselled and speccy but not as model-cheek-boned as Marsters (mind you Singer still wouldn't have given him anything interesting to do, apart from Charles the rest of the X-Men are pretty much set-dressing for Wolverine & Rogue).
    Also Bob Hoskins' Wolverine would've blown Jackman's out of the water, don't @ me! :p 
    Yeah, weirdly despite it being the "Inspired by Netflix" deco it's actually G1 toy deco bar the non-yellow eyes, and now Premium Deco Op is now the actually-inspired-by-Netflix version - the "Inspired by Netflix" version isn't even the right body (not that I'm complaining, just obsoiving)!

• Like Like x 8
  9. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This basically.

And for those who get the reference and humour

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  10. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    I'm happy to announce that I didn't watch it, and chatted online instead :lol 

Also happy to say that it's much cooler now. Time for bed, let's hope Galva is in Irish and N. Irish Smyths tomorrow or on Monday.

• Like Like x 8
  11. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Air conditioning! Sell me it now for 400% Mark up! Lol

I actually quite enjoy reading the posts, I skim a lot but love the jokes and pics. I also go through posts when my boys are watching the same episode or film over and over, but still get cuddled in to so don't want to go and do something else, but don't want to watch the same programme I know word for word.

That would be great dude. Cheers.

Looking especially for mib transformers up to and including headmasters and target masters.

Not so keen on the 1990's classics but they might scratch an itch, or is that an sti!

• Like Like x 12
  12. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    WHOLESOME! <3

• Like Like x 8
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    A perfect summation, I mean it's gotten to the point where one has to admit Hasbro don't make it easy for the casual fan, "Brand"-marketing supercedes clarity.
    I really think Hasbro might've nabbed more casual sales by front-&-centering G1 Prime-but-with-proper-hips-&-attached-fists to snag buys from Dads browsing toy aisles as well/instead. Imagine if they'd done "proper" yellow eyes, and slapped him in a Retro Box, eh? A one-Two punch straight on the Nostagia Button!

• Like Like x 10
  14. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SS86 / Legacy Commander Class / Exclusive Box Set. Given the Commander Class stock price is now £93 (see rodimus at smyths) it's doable.

Pack Contents

1 x G1 Reissue Prime Cab (we know the last trailerless reussue sold well even at the c£$45 mark)
    1 x Earthrise/Kingdom/Netflix Redeco Prime Cab
    1 x Earthrise Trailer but compatible part included for connection with G1 Optimus
    1 x Roller
    +Various accessories previously included in the centurion drone box set.
    1 x micro G1 Prime for Unicron/The Ark scale

All the work, accessories, moulds etc already done for them.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Plus 2 x Ironworks gunbarrel/rockets for the trailer drone, and embiggen the trailer (just a bit taller & longer) with painted g1 homage colour detailing THEN, well, I just might bite that damned cherry AGAIN! Rassum Frassum Rassum!

EDIT: OH! And gimme them darned base mode stabilisers that there's obvious underside ports for dagnabbit!

• Like Like x 6
  16. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Jayz it’s been warm today. Some bloke in Pontefract thought ‘I’ll just take him for a quick stroll’ with his dog, and the poor animal actually died. Took Bailey out at 8 this morning and then 9.30 tonight, still warm but bearable unlike most of the day.

Anyone still awake like me there’s a great Britpop programme on BBC2 at the minute…. 90s was a great time to be a teenager, indie music was just so varied.

Thought of adding Quake to the sales pile today, but then I transformed him and decided he’s too handsome to be sold.

8A22D3A9-DA18-473F-943B-C7994F6494B8.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  17. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    That’s awful, saw many dogs out and about today and it made me so bloody angry. It’s way too hot for them, and some weren’t looking so great at all. Definitely should be laws in place on what time dogs can be walked and how long for depending on the forecast.

Quake is one of my favourite TR figures. Only getting sold if there’s a new WFC style one in the pipeline, maybe Gen Selects as a large deluxe (Siege Ironhide height for reference) with both of his targetmasters sold at voyager price point? I’d buy it. Any thoughts on what a remold of that could be? I’d go with Bludgeon.

• Like Like x 7
  18. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That pretty much sums it up. He was always on the list, but I wasn't exactly on the hunt or about to pay silly money for (enough of that going around as it is)! Just wait for an opportune moment.

He's definitely need-worthy. Such a unique take on Megs, it just works so well.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    That would work, I vaguely remember seeing a scan of a comic/manga that had Bludgeon as a virtual redeco of Quake with Windblade's scabbard. I'm inclined to say it was a Takara manga as they like using real toys as the basis for characters even when they don't currently have a toy.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  20. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    Ooh if you ever find it again, do share it. Big fan of Samurai themed bots.

Sat here thinking about Quake and you could possible make one out of the Earthrise Megatron mold, just do away with the long blade barrel and fan mode it so the arm fusion cannon folds out like a stubby tank barrel instead, and then use 5mm ports for the targemasters. Just needs a new head.

Bludgeon could be done the same way, just needs a newly molded tank cannon sheath that contains a katana like the ROTF figure.

• Like Like x 3