The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

My GOD (I have many, all from the 1980s).

Yup, it's now a safety net to me too.

Naturally, I blame you lot

20210716_120227.jpg

And this is my sorta nerdy

20210716_120636.jpg 20210716_121104.jpg

Just you wait until she disrespects Sindy and Sinders goes to the newspapers with her agent... her 'stable profit-making personality' won't matter a jot!

20210716_121435.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

He is coming!

…..

Does anyone need a Marvel Universe Galactus?!

• Like Like x 7
  3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    That's really nice of you. As long as my wife is ill I'm going to do my best to work from home for the time being (pre-Covid I was a remote worker and only changed position to help them out during pandemic) so I will be expanding my toy sales (see link below), got some great advice from a retailer today on how best to proceed so I'm just going to lean into that as best I can without increasing overheads too much. Not going to mess with preorders of new items but will be looking to buy more collections in the coming days.

• Like Like x 8
  4. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

I am sorry to hear that. Dystopia might sell for a lot, if you can wait a bit.

• Like Like x 4
  5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Not expecting a redundancy package as although I've been with the company for 27 years in some capacity they bought the company less than 2 years ago so I might not have any rights. Checking with a union rep this week.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just poked my head into next door (i.e. the "Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation" thread) and seen that rumours are now indicating the slot which potentially contained Straxus might end up belonging to TM2 Megatron instead. If true, I'm blaming everyone who bought that little 3P number! Giving Hasbro market hints like that :) 

Still think we'll get Straxus down the line, as we're strongly rumoured to be getting Blaster, and Hasbro make noises about trying to complete teams (okay he's an adversary not an ally, but thanks to Marvel the two are mentally side-by-side for me).

Apollux also posted there earlier today saying some sort of Pretenders homage was being considered. No further info other than "don't get excited", so I guess it's not little robots inside bigger robots. Maybe just a little mask, or something :D 

@CZ Hazard Commiserations on redundancy, it sure sucks. Went through that last year and it's been pretty tight since then, financially speaking... Got some work, but need more! Maybe Straxus being postponed is for the best, he'd probably be another blink-and-miss-it preorder which I wouldn't be able to fund.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Siege Fan

8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    They're here they're here!!!!

20210716_122748.jpg
    20210716_122830.jpg

Figure pics will follow inevitably :D 

In my original post I actually just meant THE TARDIS as a Transformer, but an OC would be cool too. I like that Doctor Titanmasters idea :D 

Oooh thanks for the info!

:lol 
    I think I actually read the article on TFWiki about that comic the other week.

Hasbro, hire this person!

:lol  Transform already!

Intriguing. If TM2 Megs doesn't have the rubbery coating I might give him a shot.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    The image in the bottom right brings back the most nostalgia as this was the image on the thundercats crisp snack things.

Were they tomato flavoured shells or something? I can't remember.

@CZ Hazard commiserations my friend, I'm in no doubt you'll bounce back stronger

• Like Like x 7
  10. Siege Fan

I don't recall those, though I remember the jellies.

• Like Like x 2
  11. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember Pickled Onion Thundercats Logo crisps, they were to die for… All these years later and I can ‘still’ taste them! (And I want to say Roast Beef ones too?) Those, Ghostbusters logo Crisps & Fiendish Feet yogurts, tastes of the late 80s/early 90s! Oh and Walls Gino Ginelli ice cream, can still hear the jingle now :D 

@CZ Hazard so sorry mate, i’ve been in that situation and it’s a nightmare!

Quick heads up BTW, anyone who bought a Kingdom Red Alert on eBay for around £25 the other week? (The link was posted in this thread) They’ve definitely gone rogue, nobody is getting theirs! I can’t claim back till beginning of August, but just a warning you’ll probably want to pick him up elsewhere if you see him. Speaking of which, anyone know anywhere that may have him in stock right now?

• Like Like x 7
  12. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    27 years? Jesus wept. They definitely owe you something for sticking with them for that long.

Redundancy pay
    What are our rights when our company is taken over? | WorkSmart: The career coach that works for everyone

I did a spot of amateur googling, and looks as though your rights transfer over - and the new company has to treat you as if you've been employed for the full 27 years. I'm sure they have to look out for you - even if it's statutory redundancy pay.

Hopefully the Lord of Darkmount does come, but in the meantime I still fully love the Generations version. even though (pause for eye rolls because I say this so often) he should have been at least a voyager sized figure - him and Gen Thunderwing.

Interesting to hear about Pretenders. Perhaps a Gen Select box set of the POTP suits we didn't get?
    Full-bodied Bludgeon?

That would work just as well for me. A sonic screw driver accessory is required. So Tarditron and Nautica can argue the benefits of the screwdriver vs. quantum spanner.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Tutti Frutti Gino Ginelli coming out after the Sunday roast was the bomb. That and Vienetta. Made us working class families feel middle class as fuck.

• Like Like x 11
  14. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YES! Them and Cornettos were always a big deal after Sunday lunch. “Gino, oh Gino, Ginelli!” Always remember the decor on the packaging was SO early 90s, reminds me of the pattern you see on bus seat covers :lol 

Just googled it for a trip down memory lane, turns out Walls still make it in South Africa. Amazing what childhood things you remember are still around in other parts of the world. Feels nice to know Woolworths, Toys R’Us and C&A are still going strong somewhere!

• Like Like x 8
  15. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

[​IMG]

Did anyone pick up these alien toys? I remember people talking about them. Any reviews?

• Like Like x 8
  16. Siege Fan

Gah! Apparently if Mattel just had 2 brain cells to spark in 1987 and had produced the obvious toys for the movie they asked for, Origins and Revelation could have done movie versions of the leads and their comrades. Instead Warner Bros now own the movie, so Blade, Gwildor and Saurod are likely as good as it gets in the recent lines.

Seems the only hope is whatever voodoo that enabled the DC/MOTU comic crossover could be expanded on, or someone finds some artwork close enough that Mattel owns or can licence.

Get them in some sorta multiverse comic or some shit, it's all the rage with the hipsters! :D 

@Convoy Limited articulation but throwback-type goodness on the cheap, I've the entire line bar the 6 inch scale stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Neat, I checked my mail again and they'd send the invoice out on monday.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    This is your fault. All of you. Especially @rikkomba

C063E53A-D381-499A-8560-CDA4566F7477.jpeg

Went out to see some pals. Woke up to find the most fuck-off bottle of Smirnoff I have ever seen. It is not full. Oh DEAR.

Lovely sunny day here, hope you’re all having fun!

I don’t feel very well....:lol 

• Like Like x 21
  19. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Always good to get a second opinion when it agrees with your own! Time for me to get spending!

• Like Like x 6
  20. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Woohoo, Transmutate has arrived in todays post and I've an email from IDT that Red Alert has been posted.

• Like Like x 9