The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    to my knowledge its made up for the boxart, although transformers in WW2 is still something i demand.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro: the galvatron shoulders aren't an issue.

Also Hasbro: new gen selects Galvatron just so happens to be depicted with the "correct" shoulders and some runs just to happen to be fine.

I mean meh, I get it they've made 10,000 units+ and the 10 Vietnamese children they had driving the pins in fucked up but that fuck up doesn't compromise the toy's functionality so it's not worth recalling stock that's due to go out and they don't want to do anything about the toys already out there.

For me it might work in my favour I plan on making caps but also new feet(well shoes for the existing feet) and if I get brave some toy style arm covers so arms resting further down the leg might work in my favour.

• Like Like x 6
  3. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Anyone got a picture of the multiple MP10s in all their often repainted glory? Or all maybe all the Sideswipe molds? Want to use it for a presentation at work...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    "Will anyone else attempt to give me shoes?"

• Like Like x 7
  5. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. Thanks. I also am missing that Go Legion Combiner and Nemesis Prime as well.

I do have to wonder why they released that Megatron no one asked for with Transformers Prime and they could have simply got people to bite their arms off with a Beast Hunteres Deluxe Blue Smokescreen, and Black Bumblebee (no spikes) that would be the obvious thing to have made instead of that megatron - heck any of the other Megatron's were cooler the original one or the one with the red arm and sword are both nicer.

Heck I have to wonder if a Sharkticon Megatron in a brown box might even have gone down better.

• Like Like x 4
  6. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh lord, I know this is in jest, but I've never looked into it... What are Hasbro factories like? And controversies to make me feel even more like shit?

Also, with all the MotU love in this thread, anyone into Thundercats? Kids and I have been burning through Season 1, but now I need to find some toys. What's good for kids, what's good for dads?

• Like Like x 8
  7. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I’m collecting the Super 7 Thundercats but with them dipping their fingers into EVERY SINGLE 80’s/90’s franchise I could be waiting a good while longer.

The 2011 toys were good for kids, I’ve got the 3.75” Mumm-Ra.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was joking from what I gather the only thing to come out was a few years ago they moved from China to places like Vietnam etc due to costs and bootleg concerns. It's more then likely it's all sub contracted from a well known large factory that also makes other items for other companies.... I hope.

• Like Like x 5
  9. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Historically all wrestling lines have a lot of parts reuse but definitely cheap on Mattel's part in not going the full distance for a collector oriented line like the Ultimate Editions.

Agree on those hands, if I do get the figure they'll stay in the box. I get wanting to include hands for the 4 Horsemen gesture but they messed up the size big time.

Despite obvious issues I do think Mattel have been better than Jakks as they had even less body parts they recycled and virtually all of them were so super muscular the only figures that ever looked accurate were the Ultimate Warrior, Batista or Scott Steiner :D 

And their sense of scale was hilarious, Paul Bearer being taller than The Undertaker is the classic example :D 

Mattel get the scale right much more often, Rey Mysterio is dwarfed by The Undertaker for example, their body moulds are more realistic and they only tend to miss details if it's for legal reasons such as The Hurricane's Green Lantern tattoo or CM Punk's Cobra and Pepsi tats.

Jakks used to only detail the front of their figures which only enhanced the half arsed feel virtually all their stuff had.

EDIT,
    New Hot Toys reveals,

Boba Fett with throne ( Not arsed but the images also show Fennec Shand who I'd be intrested in. )

2 more Iron Man variants that're really taking the piss,

Iron Strange ( A Cumberbatch head stuck on an Iron Man suit which is apparently based on unused concept art from Endgame. )

Armourized Deadpool ( Wade Wilson in chunky armour designed to look like his regular costume. )

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  10. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    9B90653A-C923-4FA2-A99C-6DA2CB5E1DC4.jpeg

Animated. If you haven’t seen it, you should. Back in 2013/14 I hadn’t, this thread enabled me, and I’m of the opinion it’s still the best written animated version of the franchise.

Oh and the figures are beautiful. I really need to get around to getting some more.

• Like Like x 16
  11. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Are we talking the oldskool series or newer?

Someone else is probably better equipped to answer, but in terms of old skool Super 7 are doing Thundercats figures but they're pricy.

I picked up this fella from Tesco many moons ago, 8" Classics Lion-o. Wonderful figure, but they only released two characters in this scale if I recall.

Good price for the two here : Boxed Thundercats Classic Lion-O & Tygra - Collectors - Ban dai complete 3296580840403 | eBay

IMG_20210714_145442582.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  12. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Do we think we might get a Coronation Starscream in the 86 line?

Just wondering how many Flix/ER bots could be re-issued in SS86

• Like Like x 5
  13. Astro-Furby

With all the new multiverse stuff coming anyone can come back from the dead.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Astro-Furby

I did love the Classic figs but could never stop Lion-Os sword from drooping so he stayed in the box

• Like Like x 5
  15. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Yes to all of this. My personal faves are Blurr, Grimlock, Rodimus and voyager Bulkhead, but in all honesty they're all mostly decent (didn't like voyager megs though)

• Like Like x 7
  16. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    We are but I can’t remember if it’s coming in SS86 or Legacy now.

Don’t forget, if you miss Red Alert and you’re not in a desperate ‘MUST HAVE IT NOOOOOOOOOOOW’ hurry Forbidden Planet International - NOT the ones with the website - are getting him. Manchester has ordered a case of 8 - well, 7 after I get mine - and I’m sure the others have too.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Rumoured to be coming next year as a leader class with a big arse throne apparently.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got Galvatron. Yeah it's cool (of course he had the "faulty" shoulders) But even if those were right there's something not quite right about it. Saying that it's still a solid toy I'd say a solid 7/10.

I've actually noticed the last few toys I've gotten all have oddly loose hips. Not enough to make him topple over but none of them are going to be holding any kick poses without a stand. first world problem i guess.

• Like Like x 6
  19. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best chance is the comparison thread I expect. I mean there ghostbusters, desert camo, golden lagoon, etc on top of these:
    Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/56/90/5e/56905e4b76aadaad4a3ffea621730950.jpg

Try this too. Not fully up to date (e.g. no ghostbusters)
    Transformers Masterpiece Archives - Transformers Toys - TFW2005

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  20. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Try @Sixo as I believe he owns almost every version of the mould, both official and KO.

• Like Like x 8