The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I figure Titan Black Zarak is a placeholder until the inevitable Leader/Commander Fort Max and Scorponok get repainted.

• Like Like x 4
  2. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    Also worth grabbing a tiny tin of SILVO from the supermarket. A few good rubs takes that splatter off nicely!

• Like Like x 7
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Herpes came through so far at least! (I genuinely believe a local delivery driver makes all the difference with couriers)

They're all looking damn good and no mangled packaging either! :D 

20210628_123726.jpg 20210628_123715.jpg 20210628_123658.jpg 20210628_123643.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  4. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    These little fellas arrived today courtesy of Poundtoy:

IMG_20210628_130140.jpg

They had a 60% sale on so bought a few bits for the kids and chucked these in for me. Think they worked out at about £1.80 each.

Scrapper should make transformation sounds as well as play the theme music but owing to them being 6 years old, the battery in the chip is kaput.

They're really nice little figures.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Dropfire

Dropfire Well-Known Member

Quick question to the thread with the most......anyone have Earthrise Sunstreaker, what do you guys think on the windscreen, is it a common mold issue the windscreen does not fully peg in?

• Like Like x 6
  6. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

..small steps Ellie...small steps....

Quiet one at the boot due to rainage (I took it with me to Clacton when I went there too)...I appear to be collecting female Rangers all of a sudden, I have the purple on of this pink shorty and a few more already, I am wondering if I should put the 2 newer ones in a bag to contain their shards when they spontaneously explode being entirely clear plastic...
    today.jpg
    Cyberverse (green Megs is only here as Animated megs is borrowing his gun), this animated Megs is currently the least floppy of the many I own, love that Animated figure, although as usual his alt mode is a hot...no, cold, mess.

The jazz was actually 50p as it was raining and they were packing up, he is badly sun coloured and I forgot he had such awful hands, I will always wonder how a popular and fashionable car/figure got into the movies as short, fat and dead.
    I like the Bot-Shot due to its G1 'shape of a brick' aesthetic, and of course, there was a Bee..there always is.

In new news I opened Huffer and the Cordon twin pack, nice pieces all of them, although seems a bit scrimpy that the pair don't come with guns of some kind.

Laters

• Like Like x 6
  7. Siege Fan

Totally, I've seen 3 first hand from different sources and they were all like that. Plus I've 2 sets of his 2 pack moldmates and they aren't as bad. Light bit of sanding helps though.

"I said good day, Sir!"

20210628_133435.jpg

20210628_134206.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  8. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

PicsArt_06-27-11.29.12.jpg
    "Earth? You want my opinion on this... this mudball? There's some sort of animal dung on my tires right now and you want me to tell you my f- you know what, just leave me alone. And get an umbrella, it's tipping down out here!"

Do you mean the whole thing is loose and keeps falling off, or that it's not quite flush with the front of the car in vehicle mode? The former has never been an issue on mine, and the latter just required a bit of patient massaging and pressing down until it fitted better. It's fine now.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    No sorry, I meant back when we had the Titan class vote for the Titan's return line and we got Trypticon rather than Scorponok to go with Fort Max. Turned out for the best as @barry mentioned but I remember feeling a bit sour til ER Scorponok was revealed.

On the HasLab front, if true I'm hoping it opens the path to more Japan/Euro G1 and other interesting niche figures/playsets.

• Like Like x 11
  10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We kinda had an idea they have been working on Victory Saber for a while now, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they simply decided to bump the price up through the roof rather than release them as a pair of commander class or a Titan class gift set.

I would hope they quality would be at least decent on a crowd funded item, but considering Unicron suffered from last minute colour changes and is still a hollow mess in many places - I would imagine anyone who likes the characters would be better off with a cheap Masterpiece and KFC's Simba over an inferior Hasbro toy for more money.

It's a shame really as if the price was the issue I'd rather pay £160 for a better 2 pack and actually be not ripped off as much, than pay £400+ for a crowd funded toy that may not even look like what they solicit in the first place and may take more than a year to be delivered.
    But if it does encourge them to make some more Japanese characters to complement the release that I will at least appreciate.

If by some miracle they can solicit the thing under £265 then I might buy it but if they want to take the pi** with £400+ I'll take my money elsewhere. I might have bought Unicron if I didn't hate the colours so much. & when he turned out to be a complete turtle style shell former I didn't feel any FOMO at all, if they decide to have another go with Unicron at a less fantastical price and better colours then I might consider it - but again there is a 3rd party version for less money that make the Hasbro one look a lot less appealing.
    -------------

I was thinking of buying from TF Safari - any idea what the situation is with them and customs VAT yet ?
    Anyone had any issues with them yet - since if they don't charge VAT and there is not minimum anymore - unless they mark items as a gift or somesuch then There is going to be a chance your item might be sent back to them or even destroyed I would speculate. (in situations where they don't know the item value). So that would make buying from TF safari like buying from Big bad Toystore used to be "expensive".

-----------

Speaking of Scorponok he's "Alright" nothing special ; missing a lot of features I Thought, If that had been a $400+ Crowd funded item i'd not have been impressed - but I liked him enough to also order Black Zarak - but to be honest that was as much down to me already owning Grand Maximus so I thought it was appropriate to get both.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    If you don't want to/can't get your hands on Silvo as @robotmel advises, in the UK you're looking for Surgical Spirit which can be gotten from some chemists, I've gotten bottles of the stuff from my local Boots before. Possibly check out your local model shop if you have one too?
    Super common, I sorted mine out by shaving some silver paint off the tabs, then frictioning up the chest tab ports to stop it being too loose in them (it seems the tabs are ideal for robot mode but too tight for the car mode leg tab slots after painting), so you could try that, or do it vice versa and shave/sand the leg tab ports for car mode so they're not quite so tight?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Transformers toys are great.

• Like Like x 19
  13. Strafe28066

Strafe28066 Well-Known Member

Hi mate, I had contacted toysarama before and they sent me this when they got their Galvatron's in, so seems to be the missassembled ones

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  14. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Gwar the Mod Butcher

News Credits:
    If mine comes miss assembled I’ll just rotate the shoulder and partially fill the exposed pin holes, just enough that the treads can still plug in for transformation.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Neo-Primus

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 11
  16. Siege Fan

And a fine addition he is too, one of my favourites in a line of them.

Tag you if Faker comes up for home delivery again?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Neo-Primus

News Credits:
    Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 7
  19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    Yup mine had it, but like @Seeaich I trimmed the tabs a bit and it seems to sit flush now.

Aren't they?

Colourful beatdown
    PicsArt_06-28-02.03.58.jpg
    Catch!
    PicsArt_06-28-02.08.32.jpg
    Copter lads
    PicsArt_06-28-02.10.39.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  20. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    No such delivery woes for me! Massive thanks good sir for this blasted bastard
    IMG_20210628_141633.jpg

• Like Like x 14