The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

POTP Battle Slash & Road Trap could be seen as HasTak testing the waters for the Multiforce guys. However I think they'd need to be a bit bigger to incorporate the combined Landcross mode, as judging by how BS & RT turned out, combining 6 figures would likely result in a floppy mess of a Gestalt.
    Maybe each individual figure could be a "Micro-luxe" like Cliffjumper, that partner up into a voyager size bot, and then have a bit more stability and bulk when all 6 are combined into Landcross?

• Like Like x 7
  2. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I said a lot of this in the leak thread the other day, but basically I think we’re already starting to see some of that synergy.

The last (& most recent) new characters we heard added to next year’s line were Siren, Hosehead & Nightbeat. I realise they’re not ‘strictly’ Japanese characters, but they’re still ‘master’ characters that were much more prominent in Japan (in Masterforce, Victory’s predecessor) than in the West.

Takara have been redoing the PotP Combiners in their Gen Selects line, and we also know that Dinoforce tooling was made for it (at the NYCC where they were announced, PotP Snarl had the Dinoforce guns on his head, while Cutthroat had Monster Pretender Wildfly / Dinoforce Yokuryu as the head)

Takara did the Dinobots recently, and I’d imagine Dinoking would be one of the next ones they’ll do (it would make sense to wait until there’s toys that they can cross-sell them with) 013C096F-07AD-4BB5-928F-EAD32365A03E.png 24352866-624C-4821-AC11-7525529F0CE1.jpeg 163CAACF-3E87-4CBE-B80C-3C7D4C0D226D.jpeg 8B216951-60D6-4692-9838-F1F86D27E009.jpeg

Now I think it all depends on if Star Saber tanks or not if we get more, but even though many don’t know him over here, in Japan he’s the most popular Autobot Commander ever voted by the fans. This is why they voted for Star Saber to get the fan Masterpiece back in 2015, he beat out all of G1 & even Armada Prime there ended up second.

I think we’ll likely get more ‘88+ & Japan centric characters if this does well. I could easily see us getting the Decepticon Headmaster Jrs, new Powermasters & Victory is small enough you could do most of the cast again.

Multiforce is basically just 3 x PotP Battletrap type toys with added combiner parts, and at least 2 of Road Caesar’s 3 components could be done as Stunticon retools (Dead End & Braver are both Ferrari’s, while Breakdown & Laster are both Lamborghini’s)

You could argue if the Dino Pretenders should get their shells & RoadForce should get their Brainmasters, but I’d rather get them 75-80% close to what they should be and have them as toys, rather than want them to be 100% accurate and therefore much less likely to get new toys.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 14
  3. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 15
  4. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Time to clear a little space and fund a third party purchase!

All prices include postage but NOT Paypal fees. Buyer pays those if wanted. UK only. If you buy more than one I'll knock off some for combined postage.

Transmetal Depthcharge. Complete. Chrome in good nick. £60 posted.
    DSC01787.JPG DSC01788.JPG
    Transmetal Rampage. Complete. Chrome in good nick. £60 posted.
    DSC01789.JPG DSC01790.JPG
    Transformers 2007 Incinerator. Rotors working. £20 posted.
    DSC01791.JPG
    Studios Series Lockdown. Complete. £16 posted.
    DSC01792.JPG
    Studios Series V1 Optimus Prime. Complete. £16 posted.
    DSC01786.JPG
    Titans Returns Galvatron. Complete. Gun barrel hinge thingy slightly loose. £14 posted.
    DSC01793.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  5. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine don't come unclipped but they flop back down pretty easily until you get them clipped in then they flop to the ground but stay clipped to the feet. Wonder if it's your copy of the kit or if it's the mainline max that's causing them to come unpegged.

I think the kits quite solid for £40, makes him a hell of a lot more posable and fills out the alt mode received_694399867842346.jpeg received_350801713021622.jpeg received_658114511503727.jpeg received_862239574514293.jpeg received_1751236351695753.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Had a run through his modes to make sure there was no clashing with his new Wundapants, and it turns out I had guesstimated correctly this time!

"On a boat? I am a boat, M*********er!"
    DSC_0061.jpeg DSC_0062.jpeg
    With a minor tweak to the forearms at the back from my prior fanmode, that's a bit neater, and the helmet stowed not exposed now. Got the tank treads angled as I'm imagining them as torpedo/depth charge launchers.

The "Switchmobile" really didn't need any tweaks, it's still fine and Batmantastic!
    DSC_0063.jpeg DSC_0064.jpeg

Likewise the God Phoenix-y starfighter remains Mint! (Though I am also digging that extra bit of detail differentiation of the Wundapants.)
    DSC_0065.jpeg DSC_0066.jpeg

The Mandatory Upside-Down Submarine Mode, certainly looks like it could do some damage - as submarines should!
    DSC_0067.jpeg DSC_0068.jpeg DSC_0069.jpeg

Cybertronian Sonic Drilling Tank is Sound!
    DSC_0070.jpeg DSC_0071.jpeg DSC_0072.jpeg

Space beast is a tad sexier with the rifle fins doing something for his exposed legs on the back half
    DSC_0073.jpeg DSC_0074.jpeg DSC_0075.jpeg DSC_0076.jpeg DSC_0077.jpeg DSC_0078.jpeg DSC_0079.jpeg DSC_0080.jpeg

And, of course, Rootin', Tootin', and Darn-Shootin' Robot Mode rocks with the extra differentiation of added G1 homage details.
    Topped up his new helm crest with a wee widening "horn" at the front of the mohawk fin that just sorta set off the crest a bit better for me aesthetically - though I found out the hard way that means he has to have his helmet oriented face-front for stowing during transformation, trying to hide the open face of the helmet in Space Beast mode stressed his new horn but a quick kettling sorted it out.
    DSC_0081.jpeg DSC_0083.jpeg DSC_0086.jpeg
    He's definitely at pin-sticking-in, Quickswitch is DONE!
    So, uh, I look forward to the announcement of LEGACY Quickswitch shortly! :lol 

Star Saber/Victory leo/Victory Saber the next TF HasLab? I dunno I might be in for that one, I might not. Is this the way to finally get BIG MOTORVATOR?
    At least it's not a TF you need a new room for this time though, I guess!

• Like Like x 21
  7. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might have a long drive next week. What's the current "potential TF bargains" situation at present? I heard TK Maxx had some cheap Siege & Earthrise a few weeks back. And that some Smyths are having covid clearouts. Any others? B&M? Home Bargains?

• Like Like x 5
  8. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

G1 Classic Astrotrain Back WNS601.5NRC5100 1200.jpg
    G1 Classic Astrotrain WNS701.5NRC6100 1200.jpg

Classic Astrotrain

• Like Like x 10
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Depends on the TK Maxx, some (my local included) only seemed to get in the Cyberverse Dump Truck Armour Buzzworthy Bumblebee, and they've since been snapped up with nothing else doing TF-wise whens I ducked in my local on my Rum Run yesterday. The Entertainer might be a shout, especially if you're hankering for Battle Masters, otherwise just what your reachable Smythses are clearancing at the 'mo, maybe check out a Game store if there is one on your drive?

• Like Like x 6
  10. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

allegedly that takes place during a contest to see who is worthy of wielding the ten rings. There are alleged to be other characters in that sequence that we may recognise. Pretty sure that’s Wong he’s fighting and Kwannon from X-Men also turns up. Abomination and General Ross both turn up in the She-Hulk TV series after this.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Thank you @Embee Prime for posting this in this thread, I don’t venture too much outside of here so this helps with keeping up with rumours! Very excited about this and potential other Victory figures. I hope Multiforce end up bigger than Battletrap so that Landcross is at least same size as Prime Wars trilogy combiners.

Do you guys think Hasbro (US) is testing how popular JG1 is in their home territory before going full out. They need to start thinking global and that good designs will sell.

Game for Micromasters at £8 if that is a good price?

• Like Like x 9
  12. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah all of those choices/pictures of KO MP Megs look amazing! ;) 
    I wish I'd jumped on the early release of Magten but then I also like the IT G1 head sculpt too!
    As I said previously I don't collect Masterpiece figures but feel the need for a Megatron so i will have a scout around for a good price. :thumb 

• Like Like x 5
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Ah, keeps all sorts of things alive then. And I reckon this movie might need the help tbh. Like it keeps showing you everybody else talking but the lead. And considering a lot of Marvel geeks would need to Google him... I can't shake the feeling the script was designed more for the Chinese market.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I have to wonder if...
    That big ol' submerged dragon is the Mighty F³?

• Like Like x 8
  15. robotmel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :eek: 
    20210626_165933.jpg
    ;) 

• Like Like x 18
  16. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
  17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Shao Lao? Suppose that depends on how much they want to publically nix Iron Fist

• Like Like x 3
  18. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Yeah it has to as you also can’t go back to really bad foreign stereotypes (e.g. Fu Manchu Mandarin) and also it is the biggest market. They also have to appeal to Western Chinese (ABCs, BBCs). My friend says it looks like another Western Asian rediscovering his roots film but I’m happy with that. I can only speak for myself as a BBC but I feel we need more of these especially with the Asian hate environment.

As for Simu Liu being unknown that is probably true for a lot of non-Asian audiences in the West. I know him from Kim’s Convenience and he has worked previously on Wong Fu (YouTube). I was surprised he got the lead as I didn’t think he was a martial artist (or that they could have cast someone better who was known more for those skills). (However I didn’t know who Brie Larson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, Tom Holland, Tom Hiddleston or Mark Ruffalo before their MCU debuts.)

TBH the latest trailer left me less hyped to watch it (although I still will) than the previous trailer. Thought it was a bit hmmmm.

• Like Like x 7
  19. robotmel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 14
  20. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Saw a video once where it explained the reason dialogue was often shocking in American movies was so it could be easily dubbed for the Chinese market, whether voice, subtitles or politically. I've a feeling this is part of a much wider Disney plan that isn't going so well whether East or West. Though a lot of that is the respective politics at every level.

I actually meant the character was unknown, it's why I was really looking forward to seeing a Marvel martial arts movie. It and Blade were way more interesting to me than another Thor for instance. But this looks so flat. We haven't seen any of the lead's character at all so everything else has no resonance. Like even the most impressive part of the trailer, the creatures, look so jarring in what could almost be any martial arts movie. So far I've seen better choreographed fights on... just about any modern TV action show :oops: 

• Like Like x 3