The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Any photos of the underside of the vehicle mode? Intrigued to see how much visible robot syndrome their is with this one. I'm guessing a decent amount, like a typical Silverbolt figure.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nemesis and SG? (I'd totally be in on Core SG, cheaper and takes less space than the standard ones, while maintaining the same feel and idea)

• Like Like x 4
  3. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. Comparable.

Here you go:

52380DFD-CEEE-44D0-9109-3AF927942413.jpeg
    F9FA4433-4249-466D-B4FD-41E8B9359F3D.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    That's actually better than expected. Not just arms by the side and head looking down. Belt and chest not too obviously belt and chesty and attempts to hide hands and feet help a lot.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    MOTUly Crew, Origins Ram-Man & Clamp Champ are currently in-stock at Kapow. American imports, £21.95 each. :D 

Ordered both, time to go look for the boxes for things to sell....:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 8
  6. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The head is actually tucked under the chest when you look at the underside of the blackbird.

It is better than silverbolt for hiding the robot and kibble. The kibble in bot mode is the folding up of the nose cone onto the back along with the main neck part of the plane which collapses and folds on the back.

Can get some reasonable poses out of X-spanse.

The transformation was ok. Need to be careful when untabbing parts on the legs where you do think you may break a piece of plastic off.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

I have pal, ordered an upgrade kit for TFC Hercules. The website used to be weird with me about shipping too. The owner responds fairly quickly to messages so they should be able to sort you out.

The upgrade kit arrived within 2 weeks and was about a month or two ago. Shipping was like 10-15 dollars?

• Like Like x 6
  8. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hardest ship in g1 for me. Really love these two toys, like, maybe the most. Wish I’d picked up upgrades for smokescreen but even without, he’s great.

The real question and the only question.

...dang :( 

Please haslords, all throttlebots as miniluxes.

Genius photo.

• Like Like x 11
  9. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly! I'd love a two-pack of SG prime and Megs. Nemesis feels like a good figure for wave 5, a tail-end repaint.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

I haven’t bought from there before but have encountered the same problem. They cannot ship more than 2kg or some kind of weight limit.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nemesis would also be rather funny as we haven't gotten one from the Earthrise mold!
    For SG we could get:
    Optimus Prime
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Thundercracker (from Starscream)
    Goldbug (from Bumblebee)
    G1 Cliffjumper (from Bumblebee)
    Soundwave
    I really hope that Core class continues with more mini versions of Classic characters, as I like having a bunch of tiny guys (Micromasters were a wee bit too small and simple to be satisfying) and the more the merrier.
    @Apollux I realize that you're not supposed to say much, and I might've actually asked this in the past, but are there any more Core class small versions of other characters in Legacy or Kingdom wave 5?

• Like Like x 6
  12. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Question for the panel: what are everyone's wishlists for Legacy (or whatever the finalised name becomes)? I'm hoping for a nice big Thunderwing (obvs, I'm nothing if not predictable), a Star Saber that doesn't make me spit with disgust, and a T30 Armada Starscream mould upscaled to voyager size.

PicsArt_05-24-08.26.23.jpg
    "Yes yes, it's a moral dilemma for you I'm sure, Autobot. Now keep firing!"

I'm wondering if the old VW protectiveness over their image is at play regarding Bumblebee / Cliffjumper retools. They've obviously softened since the days of "NO WAR TOYS EVAR" probably as a result of hard negotiations from the Bumblebee movie, but I wonder if the current deal is that VW Beetles can only used for good-guy characters. It would explain why Bug Bite had a Bumblebee head on a Cliffjumper body.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I put in an order yesterday no problem.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

@Embee Prime you made me paranoid that you might be after what I am after on Robotoybase and have just placed an order which has gone through.

• Like Like x 4
  15. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Brawn, Windcharger, Seaspray, Tailgate, Cosmos and Powerglide get the mini-Deluxe treatment so that they could fit in with Cliff and Bee.

Ditto the Throttlebots.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Oooh, there's a lot I'd like to see in (tbc) legacy, but here's main wants...

• Armada Demolishor
    • Tidal wave
    • Lugnut (commander)
    • Bulkhead (Voyager/leader)
    • Magnaboss
    • That bloody armada Optimus!

• Like Like x 10
  17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Same thing I wish for every year pinky, turbomasters and predators!

• Like Like x 10
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yes, it's been pretty clear at least Good Guys only since the 'Bee movie & Bugbite, and I believe there was even later scuttlebutt that Netflix 'Bee might be the last G1 accurate car mode 'Bee for a while as the licensing had since expired (it might have been Alex Milne or another TF-employed artist on Twitter?), which does have a certain truthiness given his prominence in the Kingdom artwork but no sign of a re-pack for him (and Buzzworthy Core-ish 'Bee with Spike definitely not being a Beetle). Though I dunno what the Premium finish rerelease indicates on that front.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I think I'm happy with Hauler/Inferno/Grapple being taller than Prime. Makes sense to me. Planning on picking up a Hauler and an Artfire when I have some cash.

The only combiner part I had as a nipper was Motormaster so when I saw the 'youth' version of him I knew I'd have to get him. As a rule, combiners do nowt for me so I can live without the other lads.

I'm buying two of every Dinobot anyway. One to keep as 'toon' and one to tart up to 'toy' deco.

I'd settle for a Cyberverse version that actually looks like he does in the bloody cartoon!!

I feel like this may be the first major MCU flop on several levels. Aesthetically it's VERY muted, particularly when compared to the source material, and looks very generic. Having seen some artwork relating to the villain Kro and the Deviants in general, I can see why they're choosing not to show anything yet...because they also look shit and generic. VERY tired-looking designs that you've seen a million times in modern sci-fi flicks.

Not a fan of the casting, either, particularly Ikaris as he looks and 'feels' absolutely fuck all like the character as we know him. Also, I cannot ABIDE Barry Keoghan's face. He looks like Ezra Miller in anaphalactic shock.

I'm sure Marvel think that by casting diversely for The Eternals themselves that they're side-stepping the patronising 'brown people couldn't POSSIBLY have built all these things or come up with all these ideas whilst white men were scrabbling in the mud and flinging their own poo at each other so, therefore, ALIENS' trope that lies at the heart of the whole idea, but, nope, it's still fairly unimaginative in this day and age.

I can't help feeling like MCU fans may not enjoy it, Marvel comic fans will DEFINITELY not enjoy it, and general moviegoers may find it dull, without much to grab onto.

I blame Ike Perlmutter, as if he hadn't been a tantrum-throwing venal little prick, this would be The Inhumans AND it would be be better if if was.

That looks flipping EXCELLENT. Quality rust job!

• Like Like x 8
  20. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Thunderclash!!!

I’ve tried and failed to convince myself of the merits of the MMC version, the G1 version has GPS, for me there’s no decent alternative.

(Up until Sunday I would have said Star Saber and Deszaras as well.)

• Like Like x 10