The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I agree that he lets his guests talk which is always a plus but basically what @Seeiach said, it ventures into this boards "no fly" zone.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I haven't heard or seen any of that yet, I just watch for the interviews.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    @barry @Seeaich et al I think I'm inclined towards Fort Max's view below.

The only thing I'm wondering is if you could magic a Pyro retool out of a clench?

I guess the main thing I'm worried about is that rumour about new combiners (Commander Motormaster).

Repaints of the stunticon limbs into the Turbomasters so you can combine them into a Hyperdrive would be amazing, but at the same time I'm not sure I can countenance buying doubles of so many of the same mould.

Maybe if Motormaster uses the same CW ports I can just pick up him and the Turbomasters and have the best of both worlds.

I'm very keen on a new Skyquake, he was the only Predator I didn't have as a kid.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Hurm, think I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick a bit, I thought you were suggesting there were plans to Selects 'em up from established existing moulds, and didn't even consider the Turbomasters from Future Stunticons.
    My excuse is my brain has taken a beating today, it has managed to be pretty intensely busy on helpdesk line for the most part but the business hasn't made the day go any quicker as that frequency often can, it's been looong too. Urgh.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

After much careful thought and analysis of the situation.... I need another Lego Iron Man armoury set!

If the only way to get Thunderclash and which ever other Turbomaster was on the Lost Light is as repaints I’m game. Especially as I’m hoping to convince myself I don’t need Motormaster et al.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

If there is a template for a 'Teams' meeting profile that proves you are not a geek and you are actually a fully socially-functioning getting-out-there member of the human race......

....this probably isn't it.

Not a geek.png

Loves ya'
    Laters.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

So.....

Heavily inspired by listening to the Triple Takeover Podcast by UK threadizens @Maz @incapable hulk & @Sixo and after some soul searching, there is a serious thinning out of the collection coming. Unicron Trilogy, Alternators and a (small amount) of early MPs are all on the chopping block :eek: 

Whilst it’s a daunting task and job logistically hopefully it’s going to be a positive and liberating experience :oops: 

• Like Like x 10
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
  9. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Was it the episode about collection displays? I found it made me want to buy some G1 again!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

If any energon terrorcons go on the chopping block, I'd take a gander. For the future.

Holly valance. There's a name i haven't heard in a while. Certainly made Neighbours worth tuning in for. Wait... does that make me an older denizen? :eek: 

• Like Like x 11
  11. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

What counts as an 'early' MP now? Pre-MP10 perhaps? Aside from MP05 Megatron which we can all agree is a bit mad, I love the rest of them! Perhaps listen to the recent Alt/BT episode and it might change your mind on parting with those too!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Skywarp SCS

Absolutely! I literally have stuff that’s not seen the light of day in years. It’s not healthy for me , nor doing them justice being locked away. I’d love to buy more G1, but it’s a bloody minefield!

I genuinely can’t remember what’s in there off the top of my head, but all noted :) 

• Like Like x 6
  13. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner Well-Known Member

God, that trailer is such a waste of time. It's really not justifying the price point Hasbro.

Rodimus is stunning though, dammit! A real mini-masterpiece, if they'd just thrown a butt load of extra blast effects or even a Firedrive/Firebolt in, it would totally make the figures cost less galling.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Skywarp SCS

Deffo pre-MP10 and mostly the Hasbro/domestic releases. Cautious about the BT/Alt episode now :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    I’ve got a couple that I just haven’t been able to part with, both BT’s. Battle Ravage (Black Corvette, swoon!!) and..... Grimlock.

An absolute ball ache of a transformation, that turns into a heavy, chunky, beast of an alt mode. It literally could not be anymore Grimlock!!

F98DE2C0-F986-4A18-90EF-E646C60D42A3.jpeg

@bcm77 glad to hear that Oreo’s ok. Now, did you keep a copy of the paperwork?

• Like Like x 14
  16. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Hmm Rodimus looks good but I would rather have an ER Prime-esque empty trailer and a Leader price point. As a toon aesthetic guy the battlestation is even more useless than Prime's trailer. POTP will do me for now

Like with Jetfire I will only get him on sale

• Like Like x 4
  17. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

The Fat Fryer Scene
    Never watched Spooks either but I know that scene

• Like Like x 4
  18. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

Roddy is gorgeous, really is.

Only weird thing for me is the amount of 5mm holes inside the trailer haha!

Can't wait for him to come out!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Were there many Brunts @tikgnat ?

Forgive my ignorance, @Apollux did you say you grew up in New Zealand? Nice to hear that they were available there too!

To answer your question, yes I would buy Turbomasters/Predators repaints if done right. If they can capture the character in the repaint then should be good!

I'm looking at Fans Hobby Nightbeat and I'm thinking you could get a Boss out of that (would Boss then get repainted into the Batmobile?). If Hasbro expand the Deluxe cars selection to those MIA e.g. Headmaster Juniors, Powermaster, Targetmasters Backstreet, Fizzle, Sizzle there will be more molds to choose from to repaint into G1 91/92. I would be happy if the Axelerators were Deluxe too and if the Aquaspeeders/Stromtroopers lost their water gimmick. (Flash looks like a Datsun repaint in robot mode, doors sticking out, Scorch from Trailbreaker/Hoist? Skram from Sizzle?) Being lazy, Aquafend from Fizzel and Speedstream from Mirage, Deluge from Backstreet)

Maybe re-engineer Siege Jetfire into Skyquake or bring out Thunderwing and repaint him from that.

I like your Hyperdrive idea from the rumoured Menasor, that would be great!

For a very leftfield idea, a massive re-tooling of Commander Class Rodimus Prime into Pyro and maybe Clench but not at the Commander Class price point lol! I'm just thinking you have the robot and the trailer but they don't combine but in vehicle mode they do.

@Seeaich mentioned the idea of Predators in Seeker bods; I think I get on board with that. I would like them and the Skyscorchers to be Voyager class. Could you make them out of a new Dreadwind, Darkwing, Needlenose, Dogfight or Windsweeper? (Snare from Dogfight.)

Also could we get the Rescue Force please! I believe Combiner Wars has already given us the Drill and the Tank, we just need the Buggy and the Jet. Oh that means you could recolour them into Jallguar and Leozack and make them the corrected torso for Liokaiser. If Hasbro want to make a new Autobot combiner out of a 6 team Rescue Force, I probably wouldn't say no to that. Combiner Wars Constructicons can obviously be recoloured into yellow and orange but the demand for them would be smaller.

The Lightformers and Trakkons would be interesting. Do you bundle them with a massive weapon to maintain their original gimmick or do you create 4 new Weaponsiers? Ironfist looks like he could be a re-tool of Hound, I'm being very lazy here. Deftwing and Fearswoop could be from a jet of choice as would Calcar from car of choice.

(If you hadn't guess I'm also trying to put in the idea of the missing G1 bots.)

Edit: spelling.

• Like Like x 8
  20. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    So, basically I'm paying Fansproject Protector/Cloud prices all over again for a Voyager Rodimus. And Hasbro knows it.

There's a theme there.

• Like Like x 11