The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Good to see that Artfire is still up for preorder this morning in plenty of places, great stuff for those that want to hold off and make an informed decision.

I still can’t fathom how our indie retailers are undercutting Pulse though!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I wonder...

If Hasbro are factoring in their price rises and when this was actually sold to retailers if you know what I mean.

If our retailers went 'fuck, people will never swallow that'. And many won't. Lot of our retailers are still stuck with Selects of deep cut characters. Deep Cover for instance.

PvP has a T-Wrecks vid later.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'd imagine high prices on Pulse is Hasbro's way of 'playing nice' with the retailers. They could easily corner the TF (and other franchise) market if they wished, but they probably still need to keep other retailers somewhat sweet to shift volume.

Or I could just be talking out of my arse. I know nothing about marketing!

• Like Like x 10
  4. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    No, no you have a point.
    To my understanding the only reason Pulse exists is that Hasbro managed to convince the larger retailers (Walmart, Target etc.) that it wouldn't cannibalise their sales of mainstream toys as it's fan focused.

Hence why there's currently a fan only product offering (on Pulse).

I believe Hasbro has recently started a major shift to partnering with/through Amazon which also makes selling things online directly an intense affair.

• Like Like x 13
  5. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I think it will be interesting to see how Pulse fares when there's an exclusive which people really want - a Bluestreak, Ratchet, etc.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    tenor-1.gif

• Like Like x 14
  7. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I guess I'm in the wrong crowd if I want to rag on Artfire. Sorry lads, but honestly I can't think of anything less enticing. Inferno was already an easy pass and he actually looks good, while Artfire is... exactly the same, only wearing a white Christmas jumper. But then that's been the case for all Artfires through history - just a really bland redeco that makes a good toy a little bit worse. And this is speaking as someone who loves Grapple so much he wants to marry him.

I can't think of any better use of the mould - Inferno is fine if you're into that, Grapple is pure orange sexcake, Artfire is a worse Inferno and Hauler would/will be a Grapple with no Gr. Just... Apple.

As great as the mould is, there's nothing more to do with it.

And speaking of moulds, does anyone else feel that Hasbro are ever so slightly embarrassed by the ER Seeker mould? They seem far happier cranking out more Siegekers, with the zombie fella and now SG Starscream, but outside the Coneheads I get the feeling there's something of a reluctance to use the F-15 mould very much.

(now I've jinxed it look forward to a six-pack of identical F-15 Seekers in blue, light blue, pale blue, bright blue, aquamarine and ultramarine)

• Like Like x 13
  8. Imperator

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Haha. Hasbro are very sure that no-one ever wants Ratchet. Famously unpopular character. That's why they haven't done a mainstream wide-scale release of him since 2008 (unless you're counting Prime/RID, in which case it's 2012).

• Like Like x 6
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I've just accidentally discovered the voice commands of google assistant on my phone, so while my laptop was doing an epic update, my phone has randomly renamed me The Amazing Tango Mysterio. Which I'm going to keep as my name now. Also discovered some fun singing it can do. Yes, I'm far behind the times, but it amused me.

Seems I need new headphones too. Still, four years is a great run for free airplane headphones. Lol. Other than a very sore upper arm and shoulder, seems no side effects from my jab. Yey!

I feel like today will be a very random day.

• Like Like x 13
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Pennies to pounds, the ER Seeker bod will get it's fair milking - heck, we already know they're putting Starscream out again with extra gear as a Leader class, innit? They're gonna wring every last drop out of the Siegeker though.

• Like Like x 9
  11. Imperator

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think the Siegeker is where Hasbro have finally twigged that the more of them that people have, the more desirable the next one becomes. Their absolute obliviousness to this back in the 2000s is actually hilarious to look back on. They honestly didn't think collectors would care about getting Thundercracker. Just... mad.

• Like Like x 8
  12. G1 Mirage Owner

G1 Mirage Owner My alt. mode is an Antikythera Device.

Shocking email this morning - IDT have invoiced me for the Takara edition of Soundblaster, I'd almost given up hope!

I'll be getting one for the mythical G2 Sandstorm next, lol

And for those wanting to save a few £££, C&C have Artfire for £42 with free p&p.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  13. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  14. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Is it noon ? Yes it is.

Des bisous !

• Like Like x 8
  15. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    If it helps I have fuck all interest in Arty myself. I have Inferno so is good.

I did send an email to pulse with the screenshots of US vs UK prices just to see what they say mind.

Today's #deskbot is going to make you bleed. Literally. Lots of sharp spiky bits. Planet X Pluto.

IMG_-dwo6b7.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  16. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Second jab! Booyaaaah!!! I am now WiFi/nanobot enabled and can post without even needing my phone. And await instructions from my Real World Order overlords about who my target is.......can't wait.

Artfire? Fartpyre. The price point is pretty much what we swallowed when we all had to have Netflix Soundwave and damn that £40 tag. We've all shown we will take it when it's "important" and so here we are.

And I'm buying one so hey, it worked on me.

Pulse prices: that's the actual RRP. Pretty much everyone else is knocking a couple of quid off the RRP to try and stay in the game. SAF expressly lists the RRP on their order pages with their price obviously to highlight a "saving."

Plus Pulse are getting some of the "free shipping" back on the purchase price just like eBay dealers that have "free postage" factored into their prices.

ER Seeker? Hasbro are still skimming the sweet cream off the top of my addiction to the Siege version so with the delayed gratification of an experienced sadist they know they can smash the hell out of that and STILL have a decade ahead of them milking the F15 and Coneheads. That'll all be in the plan. And "We" will love them for it.
    IMG_20210525_193353.jpg

"We got you right where we want you fleshies."

I will also be on the hook for whatever the fuck they redeco this mob as.

• Like Like x 15
  17. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Know what you mean, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Inferno but there's nothing standout either when you've already bought Grapple.

Says it all that I'm more interested in Artfire's accessories!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I had to do some clean-up.
    Aside from being wildly off-topic in a toy discussion forum, talk of actors/actresses embroiled in social media/political nonsense always turns into a five-alarm rager. The movie forums are constantly inundated with this stuff, and none of it belongs here.
    So please, keep on track and away from socio-political nonsense.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    If they do the unreleased G2 "tiger striped", my wallet is ****ed!

• Like Like x 7
  20. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Honestly glad of that. Saw that going...bad.

• Like Like x 5