The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which one are you missing?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Ah I see, and now you mention it I remember they've done that before for events which at the time were overwriting the main universe - Age of Apocalypse, House of M etc - or futures - 2099 - though lately they seemed to have been swinging back to 2099 IS the future of the Marvel Universe.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm going to pass. I think monthlies just aren't my thing anymore, I need to be in a particular mood to read a given comic and getting monthly comics just builds up if I'm having a prolongued funk of not reading them and taking up a lot of physical space. TBH I've been moving over increasingly to digital versions as they don't take up physical space which can be better used for Transformers and LEGO :D 
    As for time/reality bending stuff, that's not a problem for me specifically. Love me a reality bending story me, Spider-verse remains one of my favourite recent tales, but with MC the issue has more become the vast volume of both old comics and so many comics being put out in the present even for the same character or group of characters and the repeated big events that tie in all the comics and ugh, it's just stressful. I don't need that in my life. Switching entirely to graphic novels is the way to go for me I think.

That's been going on for years, a lot of YouTubers I watch will bring it up every so often that they've been having fans telling them they've been unsubscribed by YouTube.

That's ok, I didn't need to sleep tonight.

Not the medics but based on my Skywarp order it seems like the stage you're currently in is somewhere between printing the label and actually posting it. It may be that they send orders out on a specific day of the week. When did you place the order?

• Like Like x 9
  3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Guard Diver. A set which ironically was so overly produced and poor selling at the time they repackaged them for the line the following year. There's two on ebay at stupid prices yet they're some of the weaker toys. I'll wait.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    Oof don't remind me. :confused: 

Transporting him to the UK was a bit of a struggle, he didn't exactly fit in my carry on luggage :p 

Man, really loving my new Netflix Cheetor and T30 Waspinator. Hope everyone gets all the beasts they need this year!

• Like Like x 15
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, I've many an unread Deadpool monthly. My only problem with the 'bending is when it goes too far, in a current arc it's fine, but tying it to a summer crossover event wankfest or something... urgh.

Re. Youtube. Totally, but when someone like Jangbricks sets up a reboot channel at hefty ad revenue/subscriber risk something is properly wrong!

• Like Like x 4
  6. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    *breathes heavily*

t e r r o r s a u r

• Like Like x 8
  7. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good news:
    Finally bought a new processor today, after using my 2600K for over 10 years. Ryzen 5900x, i'm finally in the 2020s. (for anyone else waiting on this CPU it's currently in stock at scan and currys)

Bad news:
    I now have to buy new RAM, a new motherboard and possibly a new cooler in order to make everything work.

Other good news:
    I finally opened one of the transformers that had been sitting around boxed for the past couple weeks.

IMG_0537.jpg

I chose Airrazor because I was hoping by working my way up from the figures I was least excited about to the figures I was most excited about, I could maximise excitement. I was least excited about Airrazor because I found her quite forgettable in the BW cartoon, the only thing I really remember was when she turned into Tigerhawk. And I am pleasantly surprised. I really enjoy the effort in realism they are incorporating into (some of) the beast modes.

Tomorrow I might open Blurr or Warpath.

EDIT: has anyone played the Outer Wilds yet?

• Like Like x 12
  8. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    She’s fantastic right? Imo start with Blurr, then go for Warpath. For some reason I think Blurr is just “okay” but Warpath is really really nice. Bit fiddly but perfect update for a modern era. The over engineered legs are a pain in the ass though.

• Like Like x 7
  9. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was leaning towards Blurr myself. I'm not especially enthused by the character other than the fact that in general I do prefer the movie crew. And the figure looks slightly underwhelming.

I like Warpath as a character more but from the pics I've seen the figure itself looks a little.. idk.. out of place? Seems to lack a little something, paint or deco or something. I dont have any point of reference with old figures as this is the first Warpath I've owned.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I'm near Eastleigh - haven't gone shopping in Soton for years though.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Got another Toyhax delivery today - ER Coneheads, Doubledealer, Spy Patrol and Grapple stickers - so that's literally taken the entire day to do, mostly thanks to Doubledealer's feathers. :S

Had similar issues with the Doubledealer and Spy Patrol stickers as I did with SS86 Jazz's set yesterday, with them being more like vinyl and so too stretchy and prone to creasing. I've ended up having to bin a couple of Jazz' stickers and a bunch of Spy Patrol ones - which had the added problem of being incredibly tiny and fiddly - and have had to complain to Toyhax about it.

Honestly, I've never had the problems I've had with these last two batches ever before. Yes, sometimes the foil ones may tear or be cut a little wrong, but these new ones are an absolute pain in the hole.

I don't know what they'll have to say for themselves but it really makes me not want to buy any more of the newer sets if they're all going to be made of the same stuff from now on.

Argh.

• Like Like x 5
  12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Urgh! Hope yours get posted soon!

"These veterans are put out to pasture - given a spaceship and allowed to drift through their remaining years alone. I'm one such veteran."
    From TF:UK#132 'Kup's Story'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's what I thought yesterday. I saw one on the shelf in Forbidden Planet for £20, so it's not extortionate. The sculpt is lovely but something made me not pull the trigger. Aside from the lack of colour change (which I maintain is one of the greatest play features/gimmicks of all time) basically I didn't want to spend too much there.

So after I checked him out I left him on the shelf and continued to check out the rest of the shop. I saw a MOTU Teela & Evil Lyn (both actual genuine requests from my youngest) but both were £16 and IIRC Teela is on sale on Amazon for £11... hrm. I could save myself a fiver. Therefore no deal. There were a few sales on in the Marvel Legends section (which is where I saw the 90's comic Black Widow) and I uhmed and ahhed about it but decided on that one because it's destined for the shelf.

It's weird... FP with prices at pretty much normal retail? Lower Pandemic traffic must be hurting them. I know it's hurting a lot of people and once again makes me wonder why anyone could even think the UK Govt. is handling the Pandemic remotely OK.

Swiftly changing tack I like Thrust buuut he's not quite 'right'. Aside from the aforementioned lack of mahoosive VTOL symbols I keep looking at his massive knees in jet mode... I suppose it's more animation model accurate (oh how I hate that phrase) and the lack of a black nosecone... Oh! And he doesn't have missiles, he has null ray lasers! So I dunno. The jet DOES look nice but... as I say am I THAT much of a slave to my childhood that I just want a rehash of my old Thrust? When did I become that guy?

Fuuu.

Also I filled Unicrons screw holes (ooer) last night. I thought it would be a fiddly mess with my clumsy adult fingers but it wasn't too bad. Only one of the mandible tips didn't want to hold in (kept popping off) so I had to glue that one in. Still, it does make a big aesthetic difference to him... which surprises me.

20210429_074530.jpg

See? You can't see his screw holes anymore.

;) 

Yes indeedy, that is DOAX 3 for the Switch. I'm so out of games I didn't even know there was a third game. It's an import because it's not gonna be released in the west like, ever. Works fine on my UK Switch and all the menus/subs are in English so it's pretty much what I was playing before... except the music isn't so localised.

Anyway I played the first one to death on my Xbox, but the second one (on 360) was inexplicably made 'difficult' which kinda ruined the whole games 'holiday simulator' feel. *Boo hiss* KoeiTecmo.

Still this 3rd version does feel a lot more like the first game so I'm enjoying it so far. But the music is nothing to write home about. Maybe I'll have B'Witched on in the background for maximum nostalgia overload...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  14. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I think I also watch him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Somebody Photoshop this guy next to sad Keanu...

Edit: @Siege Fan is that jangbricks you're referring to?

• Like Like x 6
  16. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Day four of working from home. My back no longer hurts from adjust to being in my new computer chair. So I guess that's a good thing?

Today's desktop got me feeling retro. Armad a Powerlinx Jetfire.

20210429_090054.jpg

Got a ER Doublecrosser due in today or tomorrow. Aside from that no new bots on the immediate horizon think my next few pre-orders are in June/July. I keep looking at Cyberverse Rack N Ruin on the cheap at Smyths but not really doing it for me. Same for Kingdom/Netflix Cheetor.

Might treat myself to CODBLOPS (which as an acronym will never not be funny) Cold War since I only want it for the single player and it's finally dropped to sub £40 levels.

• Like Like x 12
  17. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Got a trio of allicons as my deskbots today. They do look good in a group.

Learned a marvel select Wandavision Scarlet Witch is due out in October. Wasn't gonna get any more Avengers but think I'll make an exception for Wanda in her full outfit.

• Like Like x 8
  18. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, go on then...

kupeanu.jpg

• Like Like x 26
  19. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

IIRC they took some old JP G1 toys and remolded them into new toys for the series with extra parts. Even making new alt modes.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    “Get me Ikea on the phone, I did NOT order this in white”!!!
    Ikea.jpg
    (Obviously, my mate very kindly 3D printed me a Teletraan on his doohicky (anyone else ordered the Ark with one in too...this guy did...mind you, that will be ickle sized wont it), I will keep you up to date on painting and the like of this currently-white monolith.

First stop will be Dunelm/B+Q this weekend for a suitable colour spray-paint.....

Oh dear...another project....

Laters.

• Like Like x 7