The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I'd take two of the Netflix Army Drones (Goth Ironhide) if they have them, would send immediate payment :) 

@motorthing That Shang-Chi wave looks like a bad mix of unknowns, dull, weird and a slightly stretching it Iron Man to me personally, the Black Widow wave all over again. It's felt like the retro releases are doing the heavy lifting these last few waves!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shit, sorry to hear that. Guess mine isn't an isolated incident.

• Like Like x 8
  3. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I’ll keep an eye out for you mate, I’d quite like to get one myself to use as Decepticon Flatline. Knowing my luck Hastak will announce him in GS as a repaint of Siege/ER Ratchet once I do though :mad: 

• Like Like x 6
  4. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    Hmm, TF-buying in the Land of Overcee: BeeScream (imagine a screaming bee without imagining a charging wasp, imagine a bee with a credit card without imagining a wasp doing cocaine, now imagine yourself in the cockpit of said howling hive hexapod without imagining yourself looking up as it hurtles overhead; that feeling can be described to others as what it's like to collect Transformers) is really rather nice and Dino is also pretty neat! :) 

Snap-Trap and Skalor showed up too but I was more impressed by Riot Suppression Onslaught that I got from the ever-awesome @robotmel :D  Even though everybody loves a fish with an agenda and at least some turtle lineages seem to have been going to and fro twixt land and sea for millions of years. :eek: 

Dogs of War by Adrian Tchaikovsky was really good fun, am now reading the first volume of The Malazan Book of the Fallen. Unsure what I think of Mirage and Grimlock two-pack as already own both Mirage and Invisible Mirage and they'll probably repaint this one red for the Diaclone colours release. Think that's all we have for news in this rattlin' burg. Cheers Thredizens! :) 

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  5. Siege Fan

Appreciate it man, even one would be good! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

• Like Like x 10
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

0-0 in a match so dull the highlight was the plane flying over Elland Road with the message #GLAZERSOUT#2BNSTOLEN trailing behind it :D 

What next "true" supporters? Waiting until fans are allowed into Old Trafford again and protesting from the stands after buying a ticket whilst wearing official merchandise bought in the club shop? That'll show 'em :rolleyes: 

I need to have words with Show Z Store over the non response to my returns form with image I sent due to the issue with the MP Barneytron. It's been just over a week and nothing so far.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Vertex

News Credits:
    :lol  I first read that as "Elfland Road" and was jealous. And what was that about a bear being surprised by Brian Blessed while on the toilet? Forget the Lion King....:) 

• Like Like x 5
  9. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 5
  10. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Loving the display, really clean, as in not cluttered. Like the unit, did it come with lights? If not, how did you set it up and what are they?

Thanks

• Like Like x 4
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

There was a story in the General Discussion thread about a woman in (I think) Canada being suprised by a bear at an outside toilet.

Which reminded me of the story Brian Blessed has told about punching a polar bear that stuck it's head into his expedition team's tent during one of his Arctic adventures. He said the rest of the party had rifles but he didn't want anyone shooting polar bears so his violence was actually in the name of conservation :D 

• Like Like x 8
  12. Siege Fan

That Amazon listing is for a comic book Grimlock, is it... And we seem to be paying more for SG comic book Blurr because presumably someone needs renumeration? I'm wondering if that's true with Mirage here too, like maybe he's Marvel comic colours?

• Like Like x 4
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Frankly I haven't got a clue, at this point between sudden Black Zarak, and the Pit of Judgement popping up on FP, it's Stingray Time - anything could happen in the next 45 minutes!
    We'll likely get a Slag forewarning when they nail down which Friday in May is the TF Fan one, that's about all I think I know.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Vertex

News Credits:
    Gorram bears eh, always leave the seat up. :rolleyes: 

Brian Blessed knows how to deal with their sort. For the ecosystem's sake!

brian blessed bear.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  15. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I pictured Brian bursting into a Portaloo whilst a big ole grizzly is taking a dump! :p :D ;) 
    bear-pooping-in-woods-john-lund.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  16. Vertex

News Credits:
    :lol  It had been in there for two hours and he could hear the rustle of turning pages. And after waiting outside for over two hours he really needed to go. :confused: :redface2: :eek: 

• Like Like x 8
  17. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I think he sold signed prints of that picture on his website for a while! :D 

• Like Like x 5
  18. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Sg blurr has a comic included, maybe that's why he's a little higher? All the sg guys are meant to so guess they will all be pricier.

Speaking of marvel legends, since you folks seem to be in the know, any idea when the eternals movie figures will get released? I'm after a Sersei figure for my quintessa custom.

Seem to be deep diving into the old tomb raider games lately. Anniversary, legend and now on 3. Not just playing though, behind the scenes stuff too of the originals. Never got past the start of level 3 of the third one before but now im older and have better puzzle solving and platforming ability, got past level 4. Its a mean game sometimes but am thoroughly enjoying it. Lara's athleticism and agility certainly makes her stand out compared to other lead characters in games. May get tr2 once I've finished three, never had that one. And yes i know I've talked about tr in the past but i really do love those pre survivor era games.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    At least she's getting her money's worth from them - and so are we!

Absolutely in for an Earth-mode Mirage but I can't imagine myself wanting two of the Dinobot mold, tbh. No doubt there'll be a shitload of them for sale around the time :S

[​IMG]

Painted Kingdom Magnus' face and antennae white for maximum TFTM accuracy and started on his chest.

[​IMG]

...and here's where I'm at with painting his leg. Annoyingly I can't finish the other one for a while as I've run out of alcohol and we're extremely poor for the next fortnight. Grrr.

I hate white paint SO much.

• Like Like x 12
  20. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Great work on the head. And again, it’s making me teeter on chucking all the MP in and going WFC when I see that look.

• Like Like x 5