The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Guess not, I notice Smyths now have him listed as being available from the 26th. I think the excitement of re-opening meant that several stores didn’t bother updating their online inventory.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    Bit bummed on the Netflix Cheetor situation, he's the only major BW character I'm waiting on, was hoping he'd be available a bit sooner so as to join the Birthday Bonanza.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Vertex

Vertex Herald of BD

News Credits:
    Unicrons are here! Am expecting many planet-eatin' pics! :) 

@DeadBiscuit that's some haul, well done! :D  Should you open Grimlock first, or leave him til last? Or just take out Wheelie and put the rest away 'til tomorrow? o_O 

Also this xkcd made me laugh:

iss_vaccine.png

And this is the sort of drama we need a TF/Little Grey Men/Titan Class Petformers crossover for:

1617130152852.png

Would be well up for robots who disguise themselves as Gnomes, Elves, Dwarves and Humans!
    (Plus more mythical beastformers = always a plus, especially if the goodie ones are in red gold and grey.) :) 

Hmmm....maybe the inside-out transformations of Peru Kill et al could be used to help make convincing human alt-modes? Then we could have specific characters as well as generics...

• Like Like x 12
  5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I take it back - Muggins 'ere forgot that the stock weapon set is totally unbalanced if you do chin gun the chin gun!
    DSC_0053.jpeg DSC_0054.jpeg DSC_0055.jpeg DSC_0056.jpeg DSC_0057.jpeg
    Granted chin gun's post protrusion isn't great for the landing skids 100% touching the ground when landed but it still looks damn good (and a wee bit better still now I've carefully drilled out some of the weird step in that port that made it jut out 3 or 4mm more!), anybody else hear this in their head now?

• Like Like x 12
  6. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

You have the best Smyths!

• Like Like x 6
  7. Stripes

Stripes Battle Beast

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 8
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

My uncle used to work at the dump, some of the toys I got my hands on as a result... and football 'coins' I knew nothing about but understood somebody would want. Sold to buy toys with :D 

Stinkor was one I never owned so he'll be interesting! He's due this year I believe. I really need to check my notes :oops: 

Good call on Buzz-Off, must see who else might need a stand!

Ah, but Queen Marlena is actually a crashed astronaut from Earth, she shacked up with King Boycie and formed a power couple, while Skeletor turned out to be Hordak's apprentice while he answered to Horde Prime. HP was appropriately enough everywhere like Greggs :D 

It, uh, might have worked on me that move.

Now that's how you do it.

@bcm77 I think Hasbro and Smyths are actually working together for once on Netflix in the sense that Smyths get the deluxes and Hasbro the voyagers.

@Stripes It's hefty, I wondered what it was at first!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Steve2477

Steve2477 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I managed to find Transformers Netflix lastest wave in 2 different branches of Smyths toyshop today and yesterday. Blue Deepcover, Sparkless Bot and Dessus Army Drone, they had older wave Red Alert, Wheeljack, Impactor and Elita 1 as well. ER Runamuck too, so thought might as well get them too. I ordered most for store collection, but found others on shelf. Also had Cheetah, but im not collecting Beast Era stuff. They even had loads of Netflix Soundwaves in one of the stores. Its been a good 2 days.

• Like Like x 7
  10. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

I'll be trying to space them out... Opted to start with jazz as he's old favourite and I had the matrix workshop upgrade kit waiting for him. I do like him, despite the multiple shades of white. He definitely needs arm fillers - any recommendations?

PXL_20210415_142122607.jpg

Will look to add toyhax stickers another day...

Sometimes... It's still smyths.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Henceforth you are known as Siege Fanor.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been something of a hoarder in the past, but have gotten better at ditching things over the years - generally on ebay rather than to the tip, though. Sometimes because I really needed the money (sold a Nintendo DS and games to buy shoes for my kids at one point!) and in more recent and less fiscally-perilous times, to buy Transformers with.

I am now in the siutation where my office (I work from home) is almost clear of my junk - I pretty much only own things I want to own now! - but the space is filled with junk from other members of the family :D 

I paid £80 for my second-hand dishwasher nine years ago. Five years ago it broke and I swapped the part out myself (with much swearing, but it worked). Last year it broke again, different part this time, a lot more swearing but I still managed it. So I've paid £120 overall for this thing and it's still washing them thar dishes! It's a Smeg, if anyone is buying 2nd-hand white goods :) 

On a whim, just watched the "Arrival to Earth" sequence from the 2007 Bayformers movie. I do like to clown on most of that film series, but those few minutes were proper spellbinding. My absolute favourite bit is Ironhide the alleged Tooth Fairy, sneaking behind the trees as the parents run out to their kid. Robots hiding among us, which is what hooked seven-year-old Danforth many years ago :) 

• Like Like x 10
  13. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Heinrad is a triumph of toy design. A transforming robot tanuki with a built in alarm clock who time travels and has magic balls :D 

Unless a GOTG crossover occurs and they pick Rocket it's also the closest to a raccoon transformer currently available ( a tanuki is a Japanese raccoon dog ) so he was one of the first vintage Beast Wars toys I bought a few years ago.

Mine is currently hanging out with Sky Lynx & a small plush Yoda next to my computer :) 

On a related note I have actually petted a tanuki, one of the fluffiest creatures in existence.....I didn't ask the owner whether it had magic balls though :D 

Thanks for the replies to my query about Netflix Cheetor, I'll see if I can order one via Smyths.

Looks like Roadblock will be here tomorrow and the 2 Vintage Collection figures possibly Saturday as they've just been posted :) 

• Like Like x 10
  14. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Exotic, I like it!

*bribes a foreign police officer after shit goes way too far*

• Like Like x 5
  15. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Pom Poko is a celebration of magic balls if you’re a Studio Ghibli fan!

• Like Like x 3
  16. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Skullcruncher gives you a broader, more monstrous beast body, bit would need new legs and therefore robot arms as well.

I hadn't thought of Weirdwolf. You're right, he'd work as well just a new beast head and some little hooves

• Like Like x 6
  17. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Had to Google that......looks like I might enjoy it! :D 

• Like Like x 6
  18. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

Damn, those shoulder ratchets on top of the shoulder joints though... utterly terrifying. That's definitely the bit to be careful with to avoid twisting that assembly right off.

IMG_0101[1].png

• Like Like x 14
  19. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Fuck, I'm in a bad mood. Somebody post pictures of neat robos or something.

EDIT: or cute dogs, cats or ferrets.

• Like Like x 16
  20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Waaaait a sec. Where are these Unicrons coming from? Cuz mine's from Kapow and wanna know (roughly) when it's dropping.

Also, I put a bunch of posts ln multiquote and they've all gone! Rassum frassum.

I slathered the toy in... uh. Bblonde or something and then put the suspiciously creamy combination into these big Costco pretzel tubs. I'll make a more detailed post about this later but I will say this... be very wary about doing coloured plastics (as opposed to white) as I completely fucked a discoloured MASK Manta by leaving it on too long...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 7