The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Don't feed me after midnight.

Ebay:
    Prime, did I do gud?
    IMG_20210124_154336.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@Dobbie,
    I'd wait for either Iron Factory or Magic Square to make Devastator (or get both).

I never went for Hulkie because it didn't look very impressive, I don't know for sure but I have a feeling Iron Factory will do 2 Devastators in one and do a traditional G1 configuration plus the required bits for IDW's Prowl version.

Magic Square showed a Devastator silhouette ages ago but they are a bit like Fans Toys in how much they've shown but not actually released.

No snow when I went out earlier today, now there's quite a bit. Hoping it doesn't linger too long.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. Darc

Darc Well-Known Member

So to whoever it was talking about marvel legends figures in this thread, thanks i sure needed another money sink..the figures are lovely tho...
    Noticed SAF sold out on reissue siege jetfire preorders, can anybody guess if it and omega reissue are going to be widely available later?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Dobbie

Dobbie Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I wonder that myself, IF did well with War Giant and the DJD which was a great novelty.
    Hulkie is the only legends we have, I reckon if a new Devy is released by another company I will be able to get my Hulkie when some decide to sell, then I will just pick up the new one as well

• Like Like x 4
  6. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure about Jetfire but if I was you I’d put an order for Omega with comics & Cocktails. Posted this before. I’d add you can use the 10% deposit option. No brainer at that price (£119.99) and with that option if you don’t want to shell out for it in one go. Oh - no extra for postage to pay either:

63C639AA-505A-4CB7-985A-56D089A0D57D.png

https://www.comicsandcocktails.co.u...ybertron-Siege-Titan-Omega-Supreme-p250509103

• Like Like x 6
  7. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster

Ebay:
    MOTU Origins:
    Skeletor, Trap-Jaw, He-Man, Battle-cat & Orko.
    Interested in Panthor but not willing to pay just shy of £50 for the flocked version. (Hoping they don't put out a Snake Mountain :confused: )

G.I.Joe:
    Cobra Commander, Scarlet & Gung Ho.
    Destro, Snake Eyes, Duke and Flint on Pre-order.

Marvel Legends....
    (37 figures in the space of 5 weeks :oops: )

Nicely played!
    Wish I had that kind of willpower - feel I might fall down the Neca/Super 7 TMNT rabbit hole next.
    It'll be time for a bigger house soon!

• Like Like x 8
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Don't feed me after midnight.

Ebay:
    It's the only way I can feel alive

• Like Like x 6
  9. Dobbie

Dobbie Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This came with the accessories in my Magic Square Megs, does anyone know what it is or what it is for?
    68C88D4B-6D77-4C7D-BE17-B17080DF1C2D.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    "Yes, Old Friend...you did Good."

Finally got the OSKO VOLCANICUS (REX!)/POTP DINOBOTS back in their box as the poor awesome bugger was just gathering dust & dust bunnies.
    Also to the ol' strimmer to what was becoming something of a Lockdown Castaway beard, back to my regular Mirror Universe Evil Double look.
    Gonna count those as a Sunday Win.
    Now to figure where/how to stash the ER Seekers, DubbleD, Astrotrain & Sky Lynx like the Functional Roboholic I am!

• Like Like x 8
  12. Siege Fan

Wow!

Smyths will have the standard Panthor soon which is what I'll be going for. Nobody will ever sell the flocked ones at RRP, that's the most ridiculous uptick I've seen since SS Devy. I am absolutely on for Snake Mountain, never owned it. Preordered CG.

Joe, got a couple of ninjas, SDCC Commander, Arctic Storm Shadow, and Flint, Lady Jaye and Snake Eyes preorders.

Did you go older releases with the MLs? That's what I did with a bunch like Blade and Doc Ock. I'm selling some comic book-styled, vintage cardback ones super cheap like Punisher and Spidey if you need those. Same with any you missed like Mysterio or the Hellfire goon army builder.

Right country, wrong time! You'll need a suit and a rhetoric phrasebook...

• Like Like x 5
  13. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I have Omega Supreme PO'd with CC; I managed to snag a Jetfire from Kapow in the summer time. Jetfire's highly recommended; easily one of the most playable figures. No base mode like Skylynx but arguably a lot more features in either mode [though the titan master compatibility is absent from the instructions!].

Looking at more reports of XTransbots Menasor trailer and its competitors DX9 and FT, I can't help but wonder how come the simplest combiner [conceptually, at least] appears to be the hardest to get right. While DX9's first couple releases were a bit rocky, it's got by far the most stable Menasor frame and frankly, fun and stress-free transformations.

Xtransbot has somewhat decent limbs but the Menasor frame appears to be the least fun transformation since...UT's Sworder? It seems that if they had stuck to their original trailer design and ideas all this bruhaha would not have happened.

FT---I am 4 of 5 in already but I am a tad apprehensive of not having any idea beyond a few statements how the combiner will work [apparently a transforming trailer]. FT's previous big forray [Omega Supreme] has a tendency to shear at the hips and that was without supporting 5 die-cast-immersed figures. Time will tell.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Siege Fan

Randomness...

If Botropolis turns out to be display useful AND the Amazon_Hasbro meeting of lonely braincells can manage it, I think my second Jetfire will be in armoured up Autobot mode instead of space jet...

February is going to be insanely expensive. MOTU waves, Kingdom wave 2, SS86, goodness knows what Marvel Legends and TMNT, then an epic BBTS haul. Credit card is about to get hammered!

I need mainline updated Combiners and I don't really care how they do it. Replace Titans if need be. They're the most obvious gap in my collection and there's no way they won’t with how well the Seacons and 3P are doing. Take a few years, obviously! Don't even care if they're individual limb and torso releases, in fact that would make a lotta sense in Hasbro terms so I'm sure they won't.

Sausage rolls with a little salt and HP sauce is quite a thing (I'm emptying the freezer ahead of an order). Oh, you probably need bread and milk like I do.

I'm back up to 14st because she keeps bringing in Galaxy bars and Easter now starts in January. This has to stop. Can't even walk the dogs as much because I have to wait on round here thawing! Genuinely think there should be a dedicated local budget for gritting.

I still haven't gotten through that box of random-ass CDs from work.

If I can't have Combiners just give me Swindle.

What if that Ark actually turns out to be good, eh? What then? I'll have to suspend it from the fucking ceiling! I can't be having questions like "Why is it orbiting Castle Grayskull?" and "Is that gonna be strong enough?".

Did anyone buy that Core Class Prime?

I might actually have to go into work tomorrow. And work.

How much are customs actually gonna charge me for my American mate's care package?

• Like Like x 7
  15. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    nope, moomins are stuff of nightmares!

• Like Like x 7
  16. Lord Raze

Lord Raze By your command!

Bit of a strange place to keep your Transformers collection....

• Like Like x 11
  17. Siege Fan

@Napalm Speak to this fool! :p ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  18. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    that are freaky as fuck, especially the fuzzy felt animations. nightmare juice I tell thee to a young boy!

• Like Like x 7
  19. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Turns out the bits of Earthrise Prime that make the difference for swapping with Netflix Prime are just a 1 pin swap job. I pretty much have to do it now...
    IMG_20210124_185719_1.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  20. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Browsing eBay and I find the perfect "please God end my pain" image.

IMG_bgbqlz.jpg

• Like Like x 13