The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Completely agree. Great 2/3 of a figure, was the gappy legs that let it down for me but he complements MP10’s aesthetic for sure.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    I actually think everything about him looks beautiful - the colours all complement each other really well for me (I have no particular attachment or history, I just like sexy bots). Definitely a preorder or whatever method there is to get him. Probably fucking tedious as usual.

Well, Rattrap just turned up from ID Toys. Haven't freed him yet but fuck me he's tiny. Also included was a cheap Ironworks, because Paleotrex wants to make new friends*

Just waiting on Fasttrack and Airwave now, and an eventual Brunt from @Art Vandelay when lockdown eases and we can grab beers and curry.

*perhaps by consuming and merging with them

• Like Like x 7
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

The stock checker etc remain nonsense of course, but Smyths have X-Spanse up (£75, I'd be going with Comics) and Grapple is £15 if they deem you worthy.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Dobbie

Dobbie Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That Deepcover.....I wonder if these annoying design decisions are all a ruse and not far down the line we will be getting similar renditions but with all new improved parts. Hasbro... ‘we heard you guys and we improved it, just for you” £30 quid please and thank you.
    Ah who knows.
    My foot slid into the rabbit hole with Cliffjumper, and then Battletrap and then Bugbite, hubcap. Now I have moved on to Airwave, Greaspit and Ironworks. Hothouse is on his way as are some of the micro master combiners...... I suppose it won’t be long until I buy a Cyclonus and a Vertibreak!

• Like Like x 12
  5. Shushen

Shushen Well-Known Member

Still waiting for my transformers to arrive, but instead this deathkitty arrived.
    Deathkitty.jpg

I am going to wait a bit to assemble him. I decided that this time i would do some detailing and am now waiting for some markers to arrive. I might considering getting a gundam at some point too. Its was cool to get into assembling kits again.

• Like Like x 12
  6. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Waiting for a delivery on a wet-play day...... IMG_20210120_144804.jpg

I'm debating if I want to keep the preorder on Beast Megatron. Seen a couple of reviews now and there are plenty of things about it I like....and things like the back kibble and the Dino neck loose panels I would hate. So.....thoughts?

• Like Like x 10
  7. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Finally sold off some modular synths bits, and ordered some new stuff and it very much puts transformers in perspective when you spend as much in a couple of days on synths as you did in nearly a year on transformers.

So I have now sufficiently justified further spending on plastic, and was thinking of giving one or two of the OSKO combiner sets a go.

I'm thinking Abominus and maybe Predaking - has anyone ordered/recieved one recently/can reccomend a seller?

• Like Like x 8
  8. Shinsei

Shinsei Well-Known Member

Im still 50/50 on Beast Megatron.

Concerned about longevity, particularly if it’s used by small children - as a shelf piece I’m sure it would hold up okay - but I can see the panels of softer plastic getting removed in a less than surgical manner.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

I'm gonna wait until I see Emgo's review of it first. He's usually good at pointing out any potential weak bits and issues, since he actually spends time with the figure before throwing out a video. Currently I'm undecided if to go for kingdom megs or the mpko.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Dobbie

Dobbie Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    emgo has his video up now, the waist looked really loose and the softer plastic looks like it may be too easily removed from the harder plastic frame, it’s not my thing but it did look pretty though...

• Like Like x 7
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Bear in mind that, if it's the Wei Jiang Sky Soarer Predders to which you refer, it's actually about 1:1 to POTP Predders with some pluses and some minuses. IIRC the Robot mode heads/faces and some other details are softer/less crisp than the Hasbro sculpts but at the same time there are a few tweaks here and there that tidy up the individual robot modes a bit, as well as the enhancement of his shoulder cannons, a tweak on the wingpack, and the Predaking fists being based on one of the 3P upgrade versions, oh, and that massive great sword to boot!
    IF I were to take the punt it would be probably Sky Soarer over POTP but I'm hoping he gets a do over at some point, it's a shame that purported downscale of Feral Rex never happened, that would've done for me!

• Like Like x 8
  12. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    seeing as Beast Megatron's quality is being called into question, perhaps i'll save my money and buy a KO combiner. Are there any good ones that are 1:1 in terms of size? I'm thinking either Combaticons, Stunticons or Aerialbots.

EDIT: after some digging, i've decided i might just buy a Hun-gurrr instead to finish out Abominus, sans Rippersnapper.

• Like Like x 7
  13. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    This is why I haven't yet braved the world of modular synths. It's currently still cheaper to buy guitar pedals that make synth sounds as opposed to buying the real deal. Guitar pedals are the really costly hobby for me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Insurgent

Oh cool. I haven't looked at my subscriptions yet today. I'll watch it tomorrow and make a decision then. Got to bring the new bed upstairs tonight and put it together. Because of covid, they would only drop it at the door. Hopefully it'll help my bad back.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just watched emgo's Kingdom Megs review and I think it looks great. I really don't understand the reaction to the soft plastic. Okay, long term degradation concerns, maybe, but worrying about damaging it? If I can transform an MP with lots tiny panels or whatever without breaking anything, I'm pretty sure I can avoid forcibly ripping off parts of my toy.

• Like Like x 4
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Today marks the 35th Anniversary of Ozzy Osbourne biting the head off a bat.

And there's merchandise! :D 
    Plush Bat – Ozzy Osbourne Official Store

Got Cyclonus in the post today and he's a bit f'ing good. Even at this early stage I'm predicting my top 3 official Transformers of the year to be,

Studio Series '86 Hot Rod
    Studio Series '86 Scourge
    Kingdom Cyclonus

An exceptionally strong showing on the Voyager front that only increases my feeling that Primal got the short end of the budget because with a perfect template to work from in the MP mould they really shouldn't have messed up the gorilla mode to the extent that they did with all those gaps and the fugly knees.

I started playing Unravel last night and think it's pretty good although it's been so long since I played a platformer that it's taking longer than expected to get used to the controls.

• Like Like x 11
  17. Ratchet101

Ratchet101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Power Of The Primes Deluxe Rippersnapper - Kapow Toys

• Like Like x 4
  18. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I still have a Rippersnapper going.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Making space and gathered up some stuff I'm selling super cheap and/or at cost delivered within reason! PM me if anything catches your eye and I'll do a multi-item discount too :D 

20210120_160823.jpg 20210120_160033.jpg 20210120_161821.jpg 20210120_162219.jpg 20210120_161859.jpg 20210120_155356.jpg 20210120_155623.jpg 20210120_154543.jpg 20210120_155002.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 15
  20. Insurgent

It's because the soft plastic is easier to deform than hard plastic, so tabbing it in can be trickier, and leaving it in a bent position will deform it fully. But they don't usually put it over a skeleton like they have here.

Having watched emgo's review, I think I'm going to get the kingdom megatron, and avoid the mpko. It looks good enough and will match up against kingdom primal if so desired.

• Like Like x 7