The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Makes the wait even harder! I've been waiting for this bad boy for what seems like ages. Cannot wait for Gears either......

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Got a sidewinder or shadow trike you'd like to sell ?

3. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
    i was mugged, managed to get my money back today thanks for the advice guys x

4. Bonty

Bonty Dipstick Tapedeck

Catching up with some stuff over the last few days. Got Hench and UFO on Saturday from RobotKingdom, can't tell you exactly how much as they shipped with a couple of other things. The price was slightly cheaper than the iGear price but doesn't include shipping. Only messed with Brawn so far as I'm trying to ration them out. He's great, tight joints, no probs.

I did see TigerBlade's request earlier today in the MP thread about a shot of Hegemon and Giant together. I've only checked Giant over and he's had to go away until my birthday at the end of the month, boo. But if no one has done a comparison by then, give me a shout.

Also, Brooticus was asking for comparisons between Giant and Herc. Ignoring the aesthetics, I will say that Giant is a higher quality product. Be prepared to fix Herc if you get him.

As for Christmas pressies, I have two bundles of awesome which are probably going to arrive just too late - MP12+MP13+MP14 from RK and United Artfire, Deluxe Insecticons and Assaulter from TFSource. Think I am going to have three Christmases over the next couple of months :) 

5. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great pics! He is bigger than I'd imagined and yep he looks good next to the classics. Love the action picture too - they've made a nice job of keeping him looking G1. Now even more impatient for mine :( 

Ouch, that's bad. Good you got the money back.

6. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got a talking to for using the term brainstorming once as it could be offensive its nuts. What i dont get is cant have blackboard but can have whiteboard! I'm offended lol

Hoping for lego slave 1 and the mrs bought my weaponiser prime whih was an opening offer at half price in new toys r us even better i bought shockwave gen figure for half price so £23 for the two!

I'm waiting for the two from igear and also got my bbts pol shipped at start of month plus mp sideswipe and an order from chimchung so next few weeks will be toy heaven

I've never owned a g1 headmaster even though i love them. I only now have brave max and scorponok with the cobra head till i can get zarak. First refusal on yours??

Gears is my favourite and first transformer, gonna buy two of them just to display in both modes ;) 

7. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn't resist, but: Let me google that for you

You're spoiling all the fun!

I bought it.....

Some pictures of him: Transmetal 2 Megatron - Beast Wars Predacons - TFW2005.COM

I'm hoping we can stop all the political talk in here :p 

I'll probably scour my Amazon Wish List to see what I'd like. I know I won't be getting any TF's though. I would like the Lego Seaside House. Looks a fun build.
    And if I had the room, the X-Wing and Tie Fighter

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only Headmasters I have are 2 Weird wolfs (one with head and sword bought in 06 for £40 and one with just the gun at AA to complete the other one for £7.) and a Skorponok transtector with helmet, lift, and a ramp.

They are fun toys and the gimmick is great. I look forward to fort max and hope for some classics headmasters at some point, even if it just takes 3rd party to actually get the headmasters themselves made.

9. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Well at least that got sorted quickly...

10. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Scoops Ahoy

News Credits:
    Is there anyone in the UK that sells Dr Wu's stuff? I'm after the Matrix Swords, in particular.

11. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Kapow just started stocking them i believe?

Is anyone else still up for an assaulter group buy now kapow is not stocking them? I think if we do 3, even with customs it should work out cheaper than any where else.

EDIT: actually TFSource may just edge it....

12. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Scoops Ahoy

News Credits:
    Ah, so they have - and out of the blue one already. Tsk.

Thanks, though.

13. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    How DOES a 13 year old afford a brand new iPhone 5 (either a very expensive contract or a HUGE amount of cash upfront on PAYG) plus regularly saying they've spent hundreds / thousands on toys? Hell, I'm 31, let me in on your secret...

14. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Had to look them up... so, I am afraid not. I dont have a load of Starcom, and I did get those pretty poor crate/base sets, and a few of the small ones. I might be able to find room to keep them... especially the flying crane thing which was always my favourite for some reason.

Right now I am still working out what I have, and what I need to sell, and how much, but I will put up a discrete link here to my sales thread when Boardwise isnt looking.

15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    So, I'm off to Singapore in about three weeks, I'm just wondering if there are any asian exclusives or stuff not released here that I should be on the lookout for? I'll defo pick up a couple of TF: The Ride Evacs if they're around.

Thanks for the input on hercules, by the way everyone. If my jaunt east bears little fruit I may take the plunge with one of them,

16. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    MP Sideswipe should be out by then?

17. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    For reals? Hmm. It's not one I've really been looking forward to, but if I see it and the price is right. If you'd said MP soundwave I'd have gotten a bit excited.

18. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Dude, change your avatar to a hot chick and your profile to female and I'm sure your fortunes will improve ;) 

Seriously though Court, congrats on getting the money back.

19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Roger does, I believe he posts on here as RedRog? I speak to him a few times a week on FB so if you don't get a response from him, hit me up and I'l contact him for you.

20. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
    it helps when your daddy has a good job x ;)