The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If you get a paypal debit card you can still use a paypal source to pay for things that don't usually take paypal.

Then it takes the money from your paypal balance or your 2nd card or bank account if you don't have funds - but that is only perhaps applicable if you don't have a credit card or don't want to risk a particular card you do have.

You might also consider a pre-paid card too. Ideal for ordering from the slightly less trustworthy companies who you'd not trust with your card details long term like TF source and Funpub.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. :) 

3. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  4. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I've not really been interested the 3rd party devastators, and if i'm honest I find it a bit confusing (Maketoys giant? Hercules? Wha?), but that recolour, strangely, has me very interested, especially given it's going to be sold as one big set. Is hercules the better of the two 3rd party Devastators?

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I started Hecules recently and he is pretty nice, everything is self contained, even the combined fists have places to go in the uncombined modes

6. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that the PayPal card only lets you spend what you have in your PayPal account at the time. Or the uk version does as that's what I have though very rarely use it.

7. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:

Well if the deco is the key factor, then it's going to be Perseus.

Otherwise...In some ways i think Giant possibly makes beter use of the acessories, in alt mode. The combined mode is a more obvious likeness of Devastator, and some might contend that Hercules, and the individual robots are a bit TOO big.
    I'm not sure if Maketoys really displayed the niggling QC issues that are a part of Herucles.(?)

On the other hand, personally, i think some of the individual robots in Giant are a bit.......'derpy' looking. The bulldozer doesn't look quite enough like Bonecrusher for my tastes, the dump truck is (imo) too squat in robot mode, and the crane arm attached to...the crane just seems clumsy to me.

In the end i went for Hercules. Even thought it costs more, possibly has more QC problems...the fact it's bigger than Hercules may have been the key deciding factor.

You may also have seen me give out stink about not having much sucess getting a new arm for Structor from Robotkingdom. I emailed TFCToys, and got nothing from them either. May have a replacement arm sorted, but it's not from either of those sources.

/ramble over.

Yeah....but the fist hanging off the back of Neckbreaker's alt mode doesn't look very tidy, does it?

(disclaimer, i own the toy i've just taken a dig at)

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Herc has more options meaning more configurations and is bigger. Giant looks more G1 straight out of the box and is cheaper. Don't think you can go wrong with either but I guess it depends on who you are gonna display him with.

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have Neckbreaker in hand yet, he and Dr Crank are enroute together then Madblender after that.

Exgraver's hand on his back doesn't look too tidy but it doesn't really bother me

10. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Talk of hercules and giant always depresses me- they are just far too expensive for me to ever afford:( 

11. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:

Structor left til last then eh? I'm supposed to have Madblender and Extgraver soonish.

Deliberarely left Heavy Labor 'til the end.

12. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    I cant speak about Herc because I dont have him but I do have Yellow Giant and I'm very pleased. From what I can see with Herc, individual robots are bigger than Giant and alt modes do look a bit better. I myself am not mad about his combined mode, i think Giant has a more G1 looking combined form. Tigerblade made a good point a couple of posts back as did Miscreant regarding some of Giant's individual bot modes.
    The Crane arm issue only applies to the Yellow Giant set, wher the crane arm is attached at an awkward angle in bot mode but this can be easily solved by removing the screw attaching to the arm. On my one the joint is tight enough that it hold in with friction and I no longer need the screw, i believe with the Green set the crane arm is detachable from the get go and most if not the QC issues have been fixed. I myslef haven't encountered any in my set but I did swap the Long Haul parts out for peace of mind.
    End of the day it is a personal preference, both sets are great and you cant go wrong with either. I have been contemplating picking up the Hercules bot and with me have the G2 yellow set at least I wont have two similarly colored sets on my shelf.
    If I did get them I would most likiley leave Giant in combined form and have Hercules in individual robots.

13. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    How much was shipping on the 30dollar classic he mate and battlecat you Brought?
    Totally crazy price

14. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hercules is fantastic. Made even better by the add on rage set. Plus all the kibble is store in the alt modes. They don't look too ugly with the hands on the backs of em. It's herc all the way with me

15. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
  16. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
  17. C0urtn33ch405

C0urtn33ch405 Banned

News Credits:
    anybody know when am smokescreen is due? x also is £23 shipped for jet vehicon good? x

18. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Let me google that for you

Check eBay's completed listings.

19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Totally agree but I was trying to be subjective :D 

With the rage and various shapeways add ons I think Herc looks more G1/cartoon like too and with the extra size there is only one winner:

[​IMG]

Not everyone wants a towering Devastator tho I guess.

20. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'd say thats a good price! Where from?

And yeah, that xovergen set doesn't float my boat, plus the fact it revolves around the classics prime mold enamours me even less. Someday, someday, we'll get a worthy Powermaster update.