The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Im kind of same, i don't transform them much, but but i still need to know they can transform,
    Action figures just don't do it for me, its because all you can do is pose them and that's pretty much it, this is why im selling my new classics turtles Leo and mike,

But i will say, at the moment all my mp's are in alt mode and they look awesome, i even transformed my takara version one rodimus, seeing as I've practiced on the hasbro version,
    Seeing all the mp alt modes it really gives me a proper g1 kid vibe, its the kind of feeling I've been after with collecting animated, g1, classics, kreons, prime but none of these lines had what i was after, animated might of but was cut short, prime started well but fell flat, and it took me to the expensive heights of masterpiece to find what i was looking for,

So ummmm yeah i display in bot mode but don't really like non transforming figures, i don't transform them often but i still need them to have this ability incase i do,
    I like transforming masterpiecenand i do it to each fig least every other week,
    Right!

2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm the same as Genetic, I never ever transform my figs (unless they come in vehicle mode) but then I also never ever handle them either. As soon as they hit the Detolfs that's it.....unless I swap them around a bit. Only exception to that rule is Grimlock but I think I even prefer him in robot mode now.

3. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

No, that was also my guess for a repaint

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's be honest, this thread should be called "The UK Toy and other toy-related things (but not always) Discussion" :p 

I'll give these guys a listen. Always interested in broadening my musical tastes beyond movie soundtracks, strange electronic noises and thrashing guitars.

Same. I'll only occasionally display my Transformers in vehicle mode, and even then it's really only my squad of Cyberverse Vehicons.

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I play with my children's toys. I don't have space really to display them unless I buy a few Detolfs from Ikea.

I think the flying aircraft carrier looks pretty cool. But then I like the look of the Maximus space ship mode so I'm probably the wrong dude to ask. :lol 

6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Some of us don't buy the cheapo children's toys you get at retail in the UK tho....and I for one wouldn't class Masterpiece, third party and customs in that category.

7. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I too display my TFs in robot mode although I do tend to play with them every now and again.

Although, I currently have my TFP Autobots all displayed in vehicle mode on top of my display cabinet.

8. HugeBadWolf

HugeBadWolf XO in charge of radishes

News Credits:
    The TFs I have out are mostly in robot mode,
    Don't really have a display going, just perched on the billy bookcases in the lounge in front of the DVDs.
    My Classics are on a shelf in the back bedroom, but are all in alt. mode ATM, just because they're less likely to shelf dive.

When I get round to displaying them properly they'll probably spend more time in robot mode though.

Cheers,
    Doug

9. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine tend to be robot mode for display and vehicle for storage

10. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Just received TFC Photron, and its excellent - much prefer it to the perfect effect version.
    Oddly didn't get hit by customs for it, but i think my junk mountain mode unicron (from the same place) did....

11. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh awesome. Any comments on the articulation, poseability and dynamic...ability of the individual bots? Peaugh did a review which was OK, but it was clear that he preferred PE before he even got Photron out its box and just stood them on a desk and said they were generic.

12. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My knockout has two left feet! Dammit!

13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    That sucks.

But since it's Knockout, some how i also find it funny.

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm playing with Exgraver and Heavy Labor like I would any other children's toy.

Jaicen, sorry to hear about that, at least the feet are posable. My AM Breakdown has got two left feet too and because of how the feet are angled he just looks ridiculous unless i turn the foot around. Unless I find a spare part (Tfsource tried to help but they only had left feet left) I'll have to look at fixing the problem myself by introducing an ankle tilt to his feet.

So that's a Breakdown and a Knockout who can't dance for toffee.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  15. wildfly

News Credits:
    No, they're just expensive toys : P:

16. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Thing is they aren't aimed at children.

Can't argue with that :D 

17. wildfly

News Credits:
    Although i do slightly wonder if some of the Hercules components might last longer in the hands of a child than some of the recent DX offerings...

18. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The only rule of 'growing up' is that the toys get more expensive!

I am an adult who tries not to break any figure, but hates to be too afraid of breakage to actually transform them. I have most of mine in storage, and bring out a batch of totally unconnected figures every now and again to put on a shelf and mess with - yes, even MP and third party ones! Thats kind of the point, for me.

19. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    And that is fair enough, everyone thinks differently but I would imagine I'm not alone when I don't see those particular line of figs as toys and more as display pieces.

Meh, it's all semantics at the end of the day as we all collect for different reasons and in different ways.

20. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

had to pop out so only had a quick play around, but seem very posable. hands dont rotate up and down but waist, head, shoulders, elbows, knees, feet. whilst the two 'end' bots look very familiar i think it makes a nice aesthetic. very solid plastic, snaps together very neatly, well applied paint - the alt mode detailing is very good. the camera cannon mode is a bit pants, but aside from the lens every bit makes a good robot accesory and theres nothing left over in alt mode - all the guns have little compartments.
    if you like the hercules look/feel i would guess you would like this. Mine worked out a shade under 70 posted from RK, so i'm pretty pleased with it. It even comes with a strap fror the camera