The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Thought I'd share a positive - it IS, trust me! - story with you all on International Mandem Day and, more importantly, @MyTea Boc 's birthday :D 

I went to the local post office earlier to drop off a couple of eBay sales. Got into the queue with three people ahead of me and two counters open. As per usual, the customers at the counters when I came in were fannying around with stuff that they really should learn to do online, so there was a bit of a wait. Now, people don't seem to have figured out that BOTH counters - front and rear - offer exactly the same facilities, so some were specifically waiting to only use the rear counter.
    Bloke at the front counter shouts 'Next' and no-one moves. I have my hands full and a mask on but I gesture with available elbows to the three people in front of me to go to the counter. They just look at me like I have 3 heads. Suddenly, bloke behind me starts yelling and swearing and stomps to the counter before I can get past the three idiots. I say 'Excuse me mate but I was before you' and he just goes off on one, calling me all the things under the sun, so I ask him if he's either a teenage boy or mentally subnormal, and, if not, to stop fucking behaving as though he is whilst dropping my two packages - already paid for online - on the counter. He then starts insisting he wants to fight me, despite being a good few inches smaller than me both in height and all around in general, which I have absolutely no interest in doing so because, as I said, I'm neither a teenage boy, stupid, or willing to get arrested for absolutely marmalising the wee fellow, so I just turn my back on him, grab my receipts and leave, with his impotent shrieking still going on behind me.

Get home, eat food, suddenly there's a knock at the door. I think it's probably someone at the wrong house trying to buy stolen goods that the bloke in the house of the same number in the next street is so fucking obviously selling, as that's who it usually is after five o'clock, so I answer the door expecting to have to say 'No mate, I'm not selling a phone/tablet/laptop/PS4/Switch, that's the next street along'. Standing behind my gate is the bloke who threw the tantrum in the post office. He says "Did I just try to pick a fight with you in the post office?", to which I confusedly reply, "Yes. Yes you did".

He then apologises profusely and explains that he is actually a neighbour and suffers from severe anxiety and depression. He hardly ever leaves the house as he's so prone to meltdowns and had, unfortunately, had an awful day before stepping into the post office and was completely on edge and wanting to get the fuck out of there ASAP. Whilst he was shouting at me he KNEW he was overreacting and panicking but couldn't rein himself in. After I walked out, one of our other neighbours who was in the queue told him off for shouting at me as I am 'ever such a nice boy', which actually helped calm him down.

He immediately felt awful and ran home in shame. He then knocked on a couple of doors to try to find me so he could apologise, thankfully getting the right one on his second knock.

He was just so contrite and I could tell he was in a bit of a state so I told him it was absolutely fine, not to even worry about it and gave him a hug.

Turns out that he'd done some time a while ago and had been inside long enough that when he got out again, his anxiety had gone through the roof with trying to cope with being out again. He'd managed, with the help of medication, to find a way to earn money and live without having to go anywhere - he buys stuff in bulk or cheap and sells it on via eBay - but with things the way they are ATM, he'd been even more stressed than usual and it had just all come out suddenly at the post office.

I told him that I was proud of him for owning the situation and that he was very much a bigger man than he thought he was for actually coming and apologising to me when he really didn't have to.

We chatted a bit more and I really did feel for the bloke and knew exactly where he was coming from , based on my own experiences. We parted with us both saying 'If you feel bad or are having a wobble, just knock and you can come in, anytime'.

Honestly, the most surprising and, ultimately, positive experience that could possibly have come out of a near-fisticuffs situation! :D 

Quick straw poll - MPM Movie Masterpiece Jazz, Yay Or Nay?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :) 
    I really think the ER Runamuck mould would make a great base for a Transformers X Knight Rider crossover, just remould the bonnet/feet a bit pointier? But after typing that I suppose he would still look too much like Runabout? o_O 

• Like Like x 7
  3. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You sure, are a legend for your response there. Total respect, and hopefully your new buddy continues to improve in himself.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Fuck me sideways, didn’t know until now. I wish a very happy (and late) birthday to @MyTea Boc!

@Ottertron you're an absolute champ mate, that story warmed my heart.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    And just got informed they are in stock tomorrow! Come a and Cocktails send the invoice when the item is in stock so woo!

• Like Like x 2
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    It just really needs a little bit of orange to break up the white.

Originally Runamuck was a Pontiac Firebird, and Runabout was a Lotus Esprit, but honestly this new Runamuck really would make a great James Bond Crossover Lotus Submarine.

I nearly did a KITT exclusive using the X-Transbots Windcharger mold but it would have just cost far too much.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  7. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ooh I remember having the James Bond Lotus toy car as a child with it's four little fins jutting out from each wing. It may have been a Matchbox toy car but I'm sure it was made of metal? A classic movie car and no mistake! :thumb 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Probably a Corgi.

If I can find the right size Bond Car I'd probably give it a go, the hard bit would be retaining both car mode and sub mode.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I got a dispatch notice for my Friday the 13 order just this morning.

:lol 

Oreo and Rebecca <3

That turned out really wholesome, thanks for sharing!

Hmm give him a cylon looking head with the swooshy red light?

• Like Like x 9
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Don't feed me after midnight.

Ebay:
    Self inflicted violence makes me sad.

Cheers folks. I'm closer to joining the old git club. Still have (most of) my hair though!

That is an upgrade kit that I'm sure some folks want for thst figure.

Well done Paul. And fair play to your neighbour too. Nice to hear of adults acting like adults, and fellas being big enough to swallow their pride and own it when they do silly things. Hope things get before him.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    An absolute legend. Good one mate.

Think you've hit the nail on the head with this; there's two sides to a coin. Yes, some people are unashamedly a-holes, but there's also people under great stress/difficulties which makes them snap at just the wrong time to the wrong person.

On MPM Jazz...I'd say for 39.95, go for it. Am having a similar wobble on it lol.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

I knew I forgot something in my last post... :bday  @MyTea Boc !!!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Oi!
    When I saw the name of the episode I knew it was talked about a lot but couldn't remember why (as it it was good or bad)... I just didn't expect that. The story is shocking(ly bad), but reading up on the animation errors afterwards... oh boy. I just kept laughing and thinking thank God Takara doesn't base its MP figures on this episode!

(And happy birthday!)

• Like Like x 5
  15. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

Respect for the well-handled Post Office aftermath,
    and my vote is nay, unless it is ludicrously cheap,
    even in its best incarnation, and I rather like many of the movie pieces, he still looks awful in silver and remains an unexplained shortarse.

But maybe that's just me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    @MyTea Boc later than all else, but happy birthday!

• Like Like x 4
  17. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    • Like Like x 11
  18. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Happy Birthday @MyTea Boc!! Must have missed that earlier!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kirby Morrow is dead... He didn't even make it till Ninjago's 10th anniversary:( 

• Like Like x 2
  20. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

Love the art behind it.. is that the Japanese MTMTE runs?

• Like Like x 3