The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Really thinking about getting an extra runamuck to custom into runabout, he looks fantastic (transformers in black and red always do imo!) and I cba chasing down the exclusive.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Meanwhile, a couple of white lozenges atop Runamuck's shoulder pylons really does the hood some good!
    DSC_0062.JPG
    Another one o' them "The Dude's Rug" minor details.

• Like Like x 9
  3. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was I!

And you know what? We're both 100% on the money!

• Like Like x 8
  4. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    While I wait for Black Battlecharger Dude I'm ordering multiples of White Battlecharger Dude from Smyth's (finally up for home delivery) and even the Entertainer have him too (£17 on the dot) - these are going to repainted into every bleedin colour under the sun as an Army of Generics.

To balance out the Brunts, Reflectors and all the other genericons spilling off my shelves already. That's the excuse.....balance.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Looks great! A fine missing link between the original and the mp.

Only watching without sound, so came across as a bit of a fumbling review. Pose him on all fours, dammit!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but last time I saw shoulder pads like that Gary Glitter had made the news...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    So it's the 27th anniversary of Ardy Light Foot today.

[​IMG]
    (1994 for us, westerners)

A solid and fun plateformer on Snes which may not has seen the recognition it deserves but is one of those games you find yourself having a blast with when you randomly discover it on a fullset emulator night.
    And even more surprising is the diversity careers the devellopers have. Check that out: For starter it was made by ASCII, a compagny you may associate with non other than... RPG Maker.
    Takumie Inoue, main programmer, will end up doing designs for the Guilty Gear series. Takeshi Kaneda, producer, will be executive producer of the sublime Moon: RPG Remix Adventure.
    You can find the name of Masami Yamoto, the directr design, on games like Gravity Rush, Uncharted 3, Rain, Journey, Shadow of the Collossus, Bloodborne, or Everybody's Golf (yes, he ended up an executive at Sony, you guessed it). The musics of Akiko Ashimoto ? You'll find it on Shenmue 1 & 2. Takuya Watanabe, one of the programmer, was on the (excellent) Virtua Racing Switch port from last year. Three designers would later on work on the Wizardry series. And one other, Mitsuharu Takatori will even do some design for the Chocobo games.

Because of course.

[​IMG]

Oh and Snatcher is 32 today.

[​IMG]

Yes yes yes, one of the most beloved game of all time, yes yes yes Kojima. Yes yes yes it deserves all the praises.
    But I still got nightmares from P.T. so do I really want to celebrate you Ideo ? (yes).

• Like Like x 11
  9. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Didn't have internet for about two weeks (well apart from on the work devices which block everything). Catching up on this thread is like working through some epic tome!

I mentioned I ended up with some doubles last week, thought I'd see if anyone here is interested in topping up their collections? I've started to put some on eBay, but it seems to take me about 20 mins per listing, and when i add in travel to post office time, i'm not sure it's worth the effort!

Anyway, does anyone need any of these for their collections:

MTMTE (Lost Light):
    TR Rewind (inc gun)
    Prime Ratchet
    TR Megatron (inc cannon)
    T30 Tailgate (inc Groundbuster)
    Siege Ultra Magnus (inc 3 guns)

MTMTE Scavengers:
    TR Krok (inc gun)
    Siege Spinister (inc both guns)
    PotP Roadtrap (standing in for Crankcase - I'm happy to sand down his head for you if you want!)
    WFC Platinum Edition Grimlock (the gold version) (inc sheild)

Third Party/KO:
    TR Hardhead (with extra head and extra gun)
    TR Highbrow (inc 2 guns)
    The above are both the OS KO versions with all the diecast metal in the legs and extra flaps and things to hide gaps and improve the robot modes
    KBB Bumblebee (this is the tiny one, roughly legends scale)
    MFT Kup (inc loads of weapons)
    Alcee (the OS one where the backpack comes off - the one that scales with MP Hot Rod etc)

Few Randoms
    Siege Reflector (inc gun and sheild)
    TR Bumblebee
    TR FRumble (the red one)
    PotP Rippersnapper
    Cybertron Red Alert

Like i said, starting to get some on ebay, but give me a shout if interested, i know some of you aren't on there and tbh, I'd much rather save the effort of uploading and just getting to one of you lovely lot. We'll say £3.10 for postage for as many as you want or if anyone fancies a trip to south London, you can just come by and pick up.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Whoever recommended Cobra Kai - You were bloody right, it’s great!

• Like Like x 12
  11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm almost surprised anyone even still remembers Snatcher was a thing... It's like the MSX computer - something that almost disappeared into the mysts of time.... I never did play policenotes/Policenauts though.

I hope I can find a runabout of my own... Runamuck is lonely :( 

-----

Say random off topic question of the day (it's like a quiz) ;

If you had some gold points on you console say an Xbox 360 or XBox One and you bought Gamepass for XBox One or an XBox Series Machine - does that mean you have Game pass on both the XBox One and the XBox Series Console at the same time ? & if there was a "Game with gold" offer like a free game or special price and you wanted it on your older machine specifically could you claim it on the Xbox 360 ?

Or does Microsoft think you no longer have a gold account on either one or both of the 360 or XBox One when you get it one the XBox series machine.

I got to wondering this as I noticed Zomba's Revenge is on the gold sales often but not on the silver sales & I'd like it on my XBox 360's hard drive. So what happens if you do the reverse claim it on an xbox series console and then click "download again" or does it not show on the queue - as Technically the account should register you own it since you are on the same ID - so Downloading in reverse should work shouldn't.

I thought i'd ask as I thought surely it must have some up for someone on this place.

May I ask the price for the ones I've left in the quote which is ; (PotP Roadtrap, TItan Return Rumble (the red one), Cybertron Red Alert)- some of those may be of interest.
    Also I'd like to ask if they are complete or if you have instructions, Cyberplanet key, guns etc.. for them where applicable at all for any of them too.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Hey, I made that clear when you hired me! :lol 

At the risk of enabling, the flipped up stuff behind the head really isn't that obtrusive and if you really dislike it that whole section is designed to just come off - you take it off during the transformation/to put the pilot in the driving seat so you can just set it aside in robot mode if you don't like the backpack.

From my current ER experience I wholeheartedly agree. Only ER figs I own are Astrotrain, Rung, Slitherfang, Arcee and the Allicon. Astrotrain and Rung are fantastic and I only actually got either of them in ER because I missed their Siege releases - bringing brought forward aside - Arcee just... isn't very good and the Allicon I got as a consolation from Hasbro due to a damaged figure and I found him really disappointing and I'm probably going to pass him on. ER just isn't doing it for me, which my wallet will thank me for no doubt :D 

That was a very strange show. They also made Dr No green because apparently that was less offensive? The Iron Man cartoon of the same era did the same thing with the Mandarin.

I'm much the same. Cybertronian modes for life!:rock 

Oh man I love me a good plateformer game!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Just finished watching this. That ape mode is next to useless IMO, between the small arms and the backward knees. I wasn't familiar with the original but Christ I wouldn't have that on my shelf, personally.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Oh I forgot to say, Hobbylink Japan is finally sending out my second Hotlink, the one I'm going to use for parts to make my own Skywarp :) 

Looking less hopeful for the other two Scrapfaces I had ordered with them as he's listed as discontinued. Though I'm not sure I'm all that bothered about being able to make a Scrapface camera. Right now I have two Refraktors and Scrapface making a camera but I think I might just get a third Refraktor and keep Scrapface as a separate bot. Also planning to take a knife to his face because he's far too pretty for someone called Scrapface :ev: 

• Like Like x 6
  15. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I'm sure I wasn't the only person championing it on here, but I certainly made a lot of noise about it. Mentioned it when it was first on YouTube Premium but it was a much harder sell, as soon as it came on Netflix I knew it would find its audience. Cannot wait for season 3, between this and Mandalorian I'm feeling pretty good about being an old bastard.

• Like Like x 12
  16. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I too am waiting for Runabout from IDToys, which I received the shipping notice for last Friday. Getting a little worried as Roritchi shipped on Monday and I received it yesterday.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oof! No risk of enablement at all, quite the opposite in fact!
    Partsforming I can take on the chin, parts removal and set aside for a better aesthetic in robot mode?
    [​IMG]
    Thing is, I'm one of those weirdos that *likes* alt mode kibble when it's done right, like the Datbros' practically platonically perfect robot modes, and I should've mentioned that their general aesthetic besides the windscreen flap cape collar just hasn't landed in my sweet spot.
    Could be your location in relation to IDT's? Also bear in mind that notice of dispatch Friday would've actually meant the next working day if you got it after 4PM (which is wot I got). It's taken 4 days for my IDT Battlecharger to arrive, assuming Monday was actually wheels up/out the door (or 5 days if there was a Saturday pickup), here Oop North in West Yorkshire.

• Like Like x 8
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

The original Primal from the 90's looked nicer due to more bold colours and it had a fun gimmick with the arms where you could kinda sorta make it look like he was beating his chest.

At this point I'd sooner see BW retired indefinitely than spend money on such half arsed "be happy we're doing them at all" garbage like the majority of the Kingdom figures have turned out. The only one that's a decent sculpt in either mode is Blackarachnia but it's still a pass due to it's washed out colours.

I can wait for 3rd parties to do Legends versions of the remaining series 1 characters.

• Like Like x 7
  19. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the reviewer has mistransformed him, if they're taking design cues from the original (which it really seems like they're doing.)

The original also had "backward knees" but they aren't really knees. The legs are meant to be bent, as there seems to be a cut out in his upper leg for this lower leg to fit into. His entire ape leg is supposed to be the lower robot leg, with the upper robot leg forming part of his hip. This means no knee joint in ape mode, just a static lower leg, since it's all just his robot leg.

I think the reviewer also has a lack of familiarity with the original toy because it seems to me he was specifically instructed to showcase "the Paleotrex weapon gimmick" which is how Paleotrex's face is the same design as the mace the original Primal had (mace-face?). Instead the reviewer showed the monstrosity of a weapon with dinosaurs skulls and tails and two swords sticking out of it.

I don't hate the figure but it does seem a bit lazy in that it takes so much from the original BW toy which is 24 odd years old without adding very much to it. The scale is off with BW Megatron too (which I actually like, rubber or not)

Tbh the original BW toys were really good and are an ankle pivot away from standing up (see wut i did there) against more contemporary offerings. Which is why I'm only really thinking of getting characters who I didn't get initially, or who have since broken (cough rattrap cough)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    Well I only mentioned it to make sure you were aware of it as an option and it is just that: an option. The robot mode as in the instructions has it attached :)  and as I say for me personally her aesthetic looks just fine with it on her back, I wouldn't really say removing it makes for a better or worse aesthetic either. Just a different aesthetic. TBH I've really no idea where else those parts COULD go though. But that said, I'm not going to try and force you to buy her :D 

As for alt mode kibble done right, you're not a weirdo. I've no problem with reminders that these are in fact bots who transform into vehicles :D  just as long as it is done well :) 

Edit: Ok weirdly googling it a lot of the photos I'm finding don't seem to have it folded up fully and just kind of have her... canopy (? I don't know care parts) just kind of hanging on her back in car mode rather than folded up properly... weird. If I was in my room right now and not the lounge I'd get her out and transform her if only for my own sanity that I'm not remembering this wrong xD

• Like Like x 4