The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Not only did I have firsthand experience of this (though admittedly my own fault for forgetting that fact & getting experimental with a highly aggressive accelerant-based paint that resulted in EXPLODO!) but also it's a notoriously inflexible material being used on a pair of components that have an essential tabbing point each (the tabs at the top outside edge of the lower legs that tab into the slots on the top side of the chest for car mode*) which could do with the flex of a more durable plastic as they will very much test that rather fragile material!
    I find it very hard to believe that Has/Tak were blithely unaware of exactly what they were doing there.
    Plus IIRC poor @Rotorstorm got a copy that's central white chest tab stuck in the robot mode slot that sheared off (and bright white plastic can occasionally be pretty brittle in it's own right), so I urge "CAUTION, TEAM!"

Otherwise it's an awesome design that's only a proper driver's cockpit away from an Earth mode and I would totally pick up one if they did it, moreso if the shins were opaque to boot!

* = You may want to have a look at those on your copy to check whether they might do with a sanding/shaving down, I've heard/read quite a few anecdotal reports of them snapping/shearing off due to tolerance issues

• Like Like x 6
  2. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, i see. thanks guys. I'll have a look at those tabs on my copy. I dont normally transform my figures a lot but Mirage is really satisfying.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Scared of posts in Bold

Autobot clone bros arrived. DHL must be bored or something as I only got the despatch notification on the 24th. Two days across the sea whereas runabout has had 6 days and still not here from Idtoys towers...

• Like Like x 7
  4. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Thanks for the heads up mate, very much appreciated:) 

@SJW Yup, post round my way has been shocking. Days on end without and then massive gluts of stuff in a oner. RM clearly feeling the strain and it’s not like Xmas is round the corner...

oh, wait.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure IDT's shipment emails aren't in conjunction with actual shipping right now going by the general board experience!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lord Raze

Lord Raze By your command!

Ebay:
    Riding on the back of an oversized titan dinosaur. It needs to happen....... just not to my wallet.

• Like Like x 5
  7. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    True enough Chris. Kindgom is the true outlier in the trilogy with its flesh-bots and bone-bots and hip-hop music.

Smart man. Otherwise before you know it you'll be chasing down the entirety of CHUG while your wallet weeps.

• Like Like x 5
  8. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yarp. One of those tabs snapped off my copy of Mirage. It's not too bad, the other tab still holds everything together, but the translucent plastic was really not necessary for such a large piece.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Runabout came in a couple days back from ID toys and I love his black and red colours! I grew to like his mate Runamuck but out the box Runabout was the winner. His knees are extremely tight though.

Also got my UK Amazon order of Ironhide/Prowl yesterday, took a while but just glad it didn't fall through like the Bluestreak I ordered from them. I'm really enjoying Ironhide and his Earth mode, definite improvement over his Siege counterpart who was one of my favourites from the Siege line.

Not spent as much time with Prowl yet but if he's half as good as Smokescreen or Bluestreak he'll be a winner (ended up paying over the odds on Ebay for Bluestreak from China for £36)

Makes me excited for Ratchet, though I wish he came with the same weapons as Siege.

• Like Like x 5
  10. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great news. Mine finally shipped 24/25th Nov. This is where they are at the moment:

8BC3926B-E4C7-424D-965F-A799DD4C8998.png

Haha.

Xmas started early near me. So many people with their Blackpool illuminations already up. Quite weird IMO seeing Xmas trees up mid November but the early feeling of festivities isn’t a bad thing given the year we have all had.

I’ve got in bound deliveries from Comics and IDT. Quite weird how it’s taken 3 days for Comics package to get from Wolverhampton where they are to a North West Mids MC to make its way to Chelmsford MC today. I might receive Black Roritchi and Runabout tomorrow or Friday. IDT packages (Astrotrain/Impactor & Chromia) are somewhere between their location and my address which started Monday. No tracking on them.

I think you are right on that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's here! And he didn't cost me a PS5 :p 

DSC_1315.JPG

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  12. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone here got any of the Kara kuro Kari figures? Any comments about them?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    20201126_180610.jpg

"LADS LADS LADS LADS LADS!"

20201126_182109.jpg

ER Runabout is the same as Runamuck with a different head, two guns, and a debatably better paint scheme.

That's it. That's your review.

• Like Like x 16
  14. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're damn good, well built, beautifully painted action figures with a staggering array of features and articulation that make them a centrepiece of any collection. If that sounds like a pitch, you'd be right as I'm actually selling my Star Saber.

It's true though. All of it.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Deffo! Now I get there's an argument for "They just wanted to do a cool nod to his Invisibility" but doing that on a couple of parts that will get a lot of "work" during transformations? Call me cynical but that's a cynical move & Hasbro know it, yeah?

With apologies to those still having to endure the ol' agonizing wait, the last bit of Runaspam for now, promise!
    DSC_0059.JPG
    Though I still think clear orange would be absolutely ZOWIE! on Runamuck, with Runabout in-hand it's dawned on me that he too could do with a swatch of a flat colour either side of his head. Turns out Runamuck's cumulative layering of smokey grey clear plastic does a better job of hiding just how see-thru the mould is, and though it hides the car mode cutlines better black accentuates that situation of being able to peer right thru his wee shoulder pylons!

• Like Like x 10
  17. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    I can't remember who pointed out that these two look good together, but they're right.

20201126_174557.jpg

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  18. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it's the star saber that's caught my eye the most. It looks like a work of art.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

• Like Like x 6
  20. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Today I got a very special variant.
    100% identical to the Western release, except for...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8