The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

I had my shipping email from IDT for my white Runalad over a week ago, but still no sign. I know 2nd class is taking longer at the moment, but should I be worried with not seeing anything after 7 working days?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Be careful with how you stack those Tetris blocks!

:lolol Savage!

That's a lot of screens!
    :jawdropper: 

Oh man that takes me back. First Sonic games I ever played were the 2 Master System ones - the same games that were released on the Game Gear though the Game Gear ones had cropped screen resolution due to the smaller screen. Apparently it made some boss fights MUCH harder as you're seeing a much smaller area of the level!

Space tchoo tchoooo, love it! :D 

:lol 

Gotta be the Blackbird, it's the only really iconic X-Men vehicle, especially as it's in the logo there! If he/she doesn't have a blue and yellow robot mode I will be DISTRAUGHT! I wonder which X-Men they'll draw inspiration from for the robot mode design though? Could see a Cyclops visor and ooh! Pop out claws? :ev: 
    Wouldn't be surprised if the character is also an Outlier in the bio, considering Outliers were pretty directly Mutants in the IDW comics :) 
    Oh man, I wonder if this could lead to an X-Men/Transformers comic like several of the other crossover figs have? I mean there was an IDW/Marvel crossover before with the Transformers/Avengers comic so it's not impossible!

And now I just remembered at one point in the comics the Blackbird was a transforming version of Danger, sentient core of the Danger Room who got her own robot body. That would be a deep cut into X-Men lore if they just had it be her!

• Like Like x 9
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Totally! And dear love whichever plebs Hasbro have fielding the queries initially!

@SJW Current state of play for the .com sets (I'll only believe them when they're in hand)

Screenshot_20201116-202816.png

@MissingSea Yup, waiting on a few things myself!

• Like Like x 5
  4. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That is a steal. I still have the TRU MP Soundwave and I don't think it's a toy I'd ever part with. It's pretty much perfect in my eyes.

Also, still enjoying the Autobot Alliance 2 pack of Prowl and Ironhide. To say they are Siege retools - they are amazing. Ironhide is creeping up into my favourite toys of this year.
    There's also a larger gallery of photos on my site if anyone is interested, link in my sig. ;) 

transformers-earthrise-ironhide-2.jpg transformers-earthrise-ironhide-8.jpg transformers-earthrise-ironhide-prowl-1.jpg transformers-earthrise-prowl-3.jpg transformers-earthrise-prowl-ironhide-1.jpg transformers-earthrise-prowl-ironhide-4.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We got the dining room back! Kinda. Joking aside, this was in a very very bad way with boxes everywhere, the table overrun and clothes all over the show.

20201116_184831.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I read your second sentence totally wrong initially lmao.

More Star Wars and random shit at Kapow's sale

SALE - Kapow Toys

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xaran Alamas

So I've decided 4 Air Vehicons is enough so a heads up for everyone I'm going to cancel the pre-order I have for the Transformers Prime 10th Anniversary Breakdown set on Geeky Nerd Toys so they should in theory get it listed back in stock sometime in the next few days so keep an eye out!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, Kapow's sale has three of the Diaclone mini mechs for 1/3 price. Hopefully they stay this way so I can pick one up in my next order sometime!

• Like Like x 4
  9. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Come on, you can always download all those movies.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That show has really captured my eldest son’s attention, he loves it as much as I do. Quite funny, as he’s not too fussed about anything else Star Wars.

:lol 
    That’s really tickled me :) 

• Like Like x 8
  11. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm leaving that ball in her court. Having the physical media is something we still both very much enjoy though.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Those were the days haha.
    Turns out the cropped screen makes the bosses of the first Sonic easier, since you can touch Robotnik when he's in the air. I had the first one on GG as a lad and was almost schocked to see how much harder was the Jungle Zone boss when I played the MS version for the first time later.
    Aaaaaand it's the other way around for Sonic 2 haha. Easier on MS this time. Aaaaaand because life is funny that way, this one I had on MS and not GG so same twist happened when playing the GG version years later haha.
    I can't say about Sonic Chaos since I have only played the MS version. Mhmmm. Maybe one day !

The best Space tchoo tchooo <3

[​IMG]

Duck train, tchoo tchoo

• Like Like x 13
  13. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Think about all the My Little Ponies you could fit.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

The year is 2009. I've got Kings of Leon on repeat and ROTF has left a bad taste in the mouth. I'm still in my 20's (just), and after a messy separation, living back home.
    Up until this point my Transformers collection was purely vintage G1 with a smattering of Binaltech and Alternators I'd picked up cheap. Seeking some retail therapy I decided on impulse to pick up wave 1 of Transformers Universe that were on clearance.
    I remember opening Tankor first and being instantly disappointed. Prowl was next. Oh dear, these modern Transformers really aren't for me... Then I got to Sunstreaker. Wow! What a toy. I instantly fell in love, and that figure paved the way for a CHUG collection that now spans hundreds of figures.
    Universe Sunstreaker captured the character perfectly in my eyes. Here was the resident Autobot sociopath I wanted on my shelf.

Fast-forward to the reveal that Sunstreaker would be getting a new figure in WFC and I was feeling very conflicted. He'd have to be something very special to supplant Universe Sunny in my collection.
    The problem was his brother, Sideswipe. Ironically as much as I profess my love for the Universe mold, it doesn't really work for Sideswipe. He has never looked as good as his bro IMO. Maybe it's the too big bonnet chest, or the slightly off head-sculpt, but for whatever reason I've never held Swipe in as high regard as Streaker. The great Siege mold Sideswipe has made it even harder to love the old Universe version, but Siege just doesn't scale well, or look right stood next to Universe Sunstreaker. First world problems, I know

Which brings us to Earthrise. As I said, I was on the fence whether I should pick this up or not. However, having had the same reservations about his retool (pre-tool?) Wheeljack, and loving that figure in hand, plus feeling that it would work better alongside Siege Swipe, I decided to give Earthrise Streaker a go. And boy, I'm glad I did.

20201116_202449.jpg

Is he perfect? No, not by a long shot. The mismatched colours (although not as bad in hand), the too tight tabs making it difficult to get car mode to slot together nicely, and the cheaping out on accessories - c'mon Hasbro, he clearly needs a gun (mine has acquired POTP Jazz's) and you've obviously planned for a spoiler but left it out...
    But yet.. he really looks the part. And of the whole of wave 3, he is the one I keep going back to and handling. WFC has given us some great figures so far, and this is one of my personal favourites.

Universe Sunstreaker still has a place in my collection (and my heart), but Earthrise Sunstreaker has stolen his place on the shelf.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 19
  15. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

There will be an A team van version of WFCER Ahhnnnhiiiiide with a BA Mohawk and jangly chains.

• Like Like x 9
  16. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    So, Fasttrack certainly 'Fasttracked' his way from Smyths - ordered Saturday and arrived today.

He is a swift kick in the nostalgias. Really happy to have him.

IMG_20201116_212354.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  17. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

Okay if that based on the old X-Men cartoon blackbird that's going to hit me right in the feels.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Commander class with 3.75" articulated Jim Lee style Blue and Gold teams. Or pretool of The Last Autobot/Ark as Master Mold, complete with Magneto and Mr Sinister.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  19. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wife and I are in a similar boat. We have Amazon Prime and, while we do like having the physical media, as philosophically it's owning rather than merely renting a copy... we have noticed the picture quality on Prime is often better than the DVDs! Particularly for older TV shows. And that's on our terrible rural broadband connection. Plus I read that DVDs don't last as long as CDs, so am I truly owning rather than renting, when entropy will kick in any year now and render the discs unplayable?

Plus shelf space. And DVD spines are just less pretty than book spines. Or toy robots :) 

Still liking Runamuck, compromised alt mode and all. Also still liking X-Transbots Klaatu - the very G1 aesthetic doesn't clash with the CHUG / Prime Wars / WfC lot as much as I feared.

• Like Like x 10
  20. Xaran Alamas

I never played Sonic Chaos back in the day, though I think I got it on 3DS eshop but not played it much...

Also, loving the Duck Train!

• Like Like x 8