The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sure it will.

u'Re jUsT nOt bElIeViNg hArD eNoUgH! tHe sHeLvEs wIlL bE fIlLeD wItH tRaNsFoRmErS mOtU tMnT uNiCoRnS bLuE pAsSpOrTs aNd sUnLiT uPlAnDs!

• Like Like x 12
  2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I love the idea of you as Warrington's own Spiders Georg of toy buying throwing out Smyths' stock algo! :lol 

GEEWUN WELLDUN!
    DSC_0052.JPG DSC_0053.JPG DSC_0054.JPG DSC_0055.JPG
    Now where's muh stickers for 'em?

• Like Like x 15
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Pfft, where's the top 40 singles?!

BBC News - Woolworths High Street 'relaunch' proves a hoax
    Woolworths High Street 'relaunch' proves a hoax

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out someone has been testing the reaction here, like they do around chocolate bars...

• Like Like x 6
  4. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fond memories of woollies, remember finding g2 stuff in there inc starscream and constructions as most distant memory. I remember everything got cherry picked though during beast wars and armada. No BW show characters and it was literally all armada laserbeak at one point (probably because argos was the only other major toyshop in town.) Picked up most of rid (the 1st one) from there and classics Inc the magnus pack ah those were the days.

I don't understand why people spread hoaxes like this, what do they gain from it?

Edit: @Seeaich it's nice to see ironhide transformed properly, looks a lot neater there than I've seen with some reviewers

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  5. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    A warm feeling of disappointing people.

• Like Like x 8
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Ah Woolies, I remember buying my RID Ruination set from there a week at a time, also pretty much all my MOTU 2002 including Adam and Teela. Think they had a 2 for £10 and did put spare Teela's and Adam's on ebay for 15/20 quid and they always sold.

I've had SO many toys arrive today it's silly. Like a months worth of toy budget arrive in one day including all Wave 1 of Spidey Retro (still no reply from Comics and Cocktails) Wave 2 of Reaction from Zavvi (terrible terrible parcel packaging) and this awesome set.

20201027_181326.jpg

Complete Wave 1 of MOTWWEU and the ring. All toys should be displayed in wrestling rings, I've been collecting toys wrong for 41 years!

• Like Like x 14
  7. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woolies was the best for Transformers. I honestly got so much from there. All my Armada toys basically got bought for me there. I remember getting the Energon Ultra Magnus (I don't think mines carried much Energon otherwise).

Also got Cyb Supreme Starscream and that Classics 2- Pack of Ultra Magnus/Skywarp.

There were a decent number of Movie 1 Scouts I got from there also.

All this is making me really sad about my town not having anywhere to scout for Transformers now. Woolies is gone, Asda don't even sell normal TFs and Argos carries eff all. And that's it.

I miss the hunt :( 

• Like Like x 11
  9. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Woolies - Ah, that brings back fond memories of shopping for transformers. I am sure I bought quite a few in there but the only one I definitely remember getting from Woolies was my g1 slag, couldn’t tell you what else came from there. I seem to recall picking it up because it was marked down.

From what I recall, most of my transformers came from tesco or trents in the Butts Centre, Reading.

• Like Like x 12
  10. BowieBot

BowieBot Member

I definitely remember getting G1 Monster Pretenders Slog and Birdbrain from Woolworths - not sure why that sticks in my mind. The amount of incomplete combiner teams I had back then - never had any complete!

• Like Like x 7
  11. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    More Woolworths memories. We didnt have a Woolies in Banbury from about 1983 to 1998, so basically my entire childhood. But it made the monthly trips to Leamington, Stratford and Milton Keynes much better. I remember buying most of my gold box Bruticus and Defensor from various Woolies. Micromasters Countdown was a Woolies exclusive in the UK, as was one of the big Lego Space Police 2 space cruisers.

I remember the toys being upstairs in the MK branch, and they had a great selection of toys.

My Megadrive came from there too, and at least one Easter Egg a year. Heck, I remember all the carded Tri--logo Star Wars being clearanced at a quid each in 1984, has to be one of my earliest memories.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Well buy them and pimp them out cuz there’s sweet FA left here and I’ve only got two!

Glad you’re enjoying Birbscream @CyberShadow , mine was part of my last ShowZ order and I WAS expecting it today, but, alas, it’s a nope. Can’t wait though as he looks ace.

[​IMG]

It’s a good job I like the weirdly lemony and a bit like gin with something sweet in it smell of Pledge Future, cuz I’ve spent the afternoon up to my bloody nuts in it attempting to stiffen up Meestair Floppy there.

[​IMG]

Annoyingly, his shoulder joints are impossible to disassemble as the screw for them is upside down in his chest and to get to it I’d have to disassemble one entire lower side of his chest and I don’t trust in my skills to put it back in the right order. I’ve already put his hip joints in backwards once!

Still, worth it for £67 and a bit of elbow grease.

• Like Like x 12
  13. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Incredibly jealous of that WWE/MOTU haul!

Today’s entertainment has included this little jem

D0CDFF62-3881-4B54-BFB0-DBFAC6650010.jpeg

I’ve also got this pile of fun to keep me occupied as well

AC61942A-B896-4401-B058-9D3F88BA2E4D.jpeg

• Like Like x 23
  14. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Ironhide has two right window pieces so the 5mm port in the wrong spot won't let that window come together in vehicle mode and it won't tab in as a result in shield mode. Think I'll just file away the port as that should do the trick to get stuff lined up, then drop some polish into the pin joint to increase the friction and keep it in position.

Because quite frankly, fucks given: zero.

TOOOLDFORTHISSHIT44.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  15. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ;) 
    Well, I had a word with Amazon whilst I was adjusting my account - long story short, they gave me a £5 voucher! :thumb 

I've not transformed them yet but Prowl's paint apps seem OK but his Autobot bonnet logo is ever so slightly off to his left but only noticeable up close and personal!
    Ironhide looks great, just been comparing him side by side with his Siege release - they've used a different colour red which is odd but looks a little better than Siege IMO.

Overall I am happy with these guys and I'm now looking forward to grabbing ER Ratchet! :D 

• Like Like x 9
  16. Siege Fan

I've a few rings for just this purpose!

Don't, I miss those!

Woolies - For me it was gaping at toys that were usually bought elsewhere, but I did get loads of CDs, DVDs and games from them. And an early 2000s phone.

Mostly I remember them selling German Coke and it being disgusting compared to the Ulster bottled stuff.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have very specific memories of oogling Zoids and Crossbows and Catapults sets in Woolies. All my Transformers memories are catalogue/print advert based.

• Like Like x 9
  18. CZ Hazard

News Credits:
    "I'm not even a MOTU collector" he says. Despite the fact that I've got the entire 2002 run loose, the Filmation Skeletor and He-Man, the Japanese packaging reissues, complete MOTWWEU and now I've started on Origins. I'm so pleased I never bothered with Matty Collecting Classics.

That Transformers card game I used to play with my brother all the time when we were young-uns.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Siege Fan

Good work!

That jigsaw, I need one of those! :eek: 

I had oversized Waddingtons cards but I think they were TMNT.

Edit

Jigsaw with poster bought off eBay, you're a terrible man, Art....

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I think the only TF I ever bought at Woolies may have been universe Silverbolt - All my childhood pocket money was spent at Beatties at the local shopping arcade that I could walk to - So much goodness on the shelves!!

• Like Like x 7