The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

While totally useful to me as a villain for so many lines, these Joe Red Ninjas are pretty fuckin' nasty tbh.

Bad paint jobs in places on the two I got, the drop-down hips are a little too drop-down and will only worsen, plus the swords (while the other weapons are fine) are beyond cheap.

Oh, and the upper torso wobbles because Hasbro like to go as cheap as possible with lines now (RED, gummy Marvel Legends, allegedly there's some cheap plastic going on with ER wave 3 and so on).

Great for a specific purpose maybe, but I'd wait for clearance on this one.

IMG_20201101_121754720.jpg IMG_20201101_121957651.jpg IMG_20201101_121916605.jpg IMG_20201101_122129627.jpg
    IMG_20201101_122929841.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Loving this pic

• Like Like x 3
  3. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Yeah but...

IMG_20201101_131926.jpg

It's black eyes gaze in my soul and make me uncomfortable.

Cheers! I figured if anyone would be cackling around a cauldron it would be Mr spider himself.

My cat has been enjoying the display this morning
    IMG_20201101_115052.jpg

And gone already!

• Like Like x 9
  5. DeadBiscuit

DeadBiscuit Well-Known Member

My US set was posted today & due on 12th, subject to lockdown not interfering...

No wave 3 in my local Smyths, just 100s of people desperately buying presents before Thursday. The tf aisle was looking pretty sparse and shrunken.

@Xaran Alamas I got my spare bird from liuminjinshui78 on eBay

• Like Like x 6
  6. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because it's the one we grew up with, the one that showed us the toys and comics come to life, and the one that paved the way for anything that came afterwards.

Thanks. Miss those two big guys like nobody's business, but love this little bugger to bits too. He just likes sitting watching the world go by, but because it's quiet here, and not much happens, he'll bark at birds or sounds in the distance, occasionally in chorus with other dogs that are barking, or sometimes just to sound off! But it's weird seeing him sat there, nothing going on, and he'll suddenly bark at nothing :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  7. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I actually was debating dropping into my local one to get some last TF hunting before Thursday and Christmas but it seems that everyone else had the same idea.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    In all the other palaver, it's kinda great that at least one of the best recent exclusive sets is proving actually-available-at-all in the UK, and relatively reasonably (sez one of the lucky bar stewards that got his for the original £32-ish listed price).
    Ironhide finally done right & properly, not a half-assed SUV-ification nor any flatbed truckery AND sled mode roof to boot!
    The only downside of the Autobot Alliance set for me is that I am now positively champing at the bit for GOC Ratchet, not just because the tweaked Siege bod has perfected the vanette* bod figure but also because I'm hoping his instructions are more explicit about how sled mode should work actually with the figure as Ironhide's only shows it by itself.

In the meantime I suddenly recalled how the MP Ironhide approached the sled...
    Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 13.02.14.png
    ...and realised that the AA sled could totally do that (with a loaner from Siege Ratchet)!
    DSC_0048.JPG DSC_0047.JPG
    And it even has an appropriate pair of ports for x2 blasters to boot!
    Hasbro are totally gonna put out a fully-equipped set of one or both of them in Selects or something down the line aren't they? The bar stewards!

* = At mainline Generations toy scale given the prerequisite budget limitations

• Like Like x 17
  9. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:

• Like Like x 1
  10. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :cool: 
    With all those pre-moulded 5mm ports already built in to the roof/sled it must be a given that Hasbro/Takara will do a pimped out version or at the very least another weapons set to fully equip the Vanette's in all their G1-esque glory! :thumb 

• Like Like x 6
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    My money's on a Select series Marvel Comic Deco Ratchet Plus Accessory pack!* :p 

* = I have never won a bet I actually put money on, that actually seems to kill the predicted outcome every time! :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  12. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    you forgot the most important size comparison.
    01BEAF46-8816-4784-AE6C-6456EF8738EB.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  13. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So on today's news... ID is moving to a bigger, warehouse-based location and due to this will begin Black Friday sales early. Hopefully some good stuff that I won't need as preparing money for the PS5 is stressing both me and my budget.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Queried with Amazon US as to why I was charged an import fee deposit for an item that clearly stated ‘no import fee’ in the header and received a reply that basically said ‘Because we charged you an import fee deposit’.

You can’t argue with logic like that.

No trick or treaters last night so I supposed I’d best eat this family bag of fun-size Mars Bars myself eh? :D 

• Like Like x 8
  15. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

Those two rectangular slots and the 5mm port on the roof look just right for plugging in a luggage rack/sled. I keep grumbling about how they're obviously going to milk this to bits (I mean, there's Ironhide, Ratchet and Crosshairs in Siege, now this, Spearmint Ratchet and original flavour Ratchet already) but I know now I'll be in for it.
    Whatever my complaints, I still can't put this thing down.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    We already know those slots are for Ratchet's lightbar but I've already noted myself, especially as the official sled mode reverses the roof, that they and the 5mm port are ideally placed to pop G1-accurate treads onto it!
    [​IMG]
    Along with the fact that the screw hole ports on the sled are 5mm ports too, so that's 5 x 5mm port hardpoints, and 5 x 5mm peg points on just the upper side - it really does seem to be designed for extras from the off, dunnit?

• Like Like x 9
  17. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    So. New Chihuahua progress?

She is now not attempting to bite me when I try and pet her.

So you know. It's a start.

OK SERIOUSLY WHICHEVER MOTHERFUCKER ABUSED THIS GIRL I WILL STAB YOU IN THE EYE.

• Like Like x 16
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

No trick or treaters meant the ferrets were told to stand down and they buggered off back to sleep.

Just waiting for my Subway order to arrive so I've got something to eat whilst watching United Vs Arsenal.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sexy.

Sunday morning archery session. Spent the entire sesh just working on my technique. No scoring, just shoot and aim at my wee target. Halfway through I added something in, essentially emulating people who add in a extra expansion (essentially eking out a fraction more in the arrow draw). Suddenly I was shooting (bar the odd bad release) nothing but 10's/X's!

20201101_101606.jpg

Towards the end of the session every shot looked like this. Bear in mind that black circle is 6cm wide and the inner white circle is 3cm and the red spot is 1cm. So yeah, I fucked my target, punched out that black circle.

20201101_111819.jpg

Plus I also shot off another nock. 2nd in as many weeks... which is a good sign I guess? I may need to rethink my targets if this keeps up... don't want to risk more arrow damage.

20201101_122414.jpg

Anyway I HOPE this form change will result me breaking my current Archery plateau, which is 540/600 on a Portsmouth round. If I can shoot 10's consistantly... well. The skies the limit!

Got an appointment at the archery shop on Wednesday too, gonna pick up some new short side stabilizers and a V bar and shorter limbs which should make my bow work more efficently. Problem is shorter limbs equals new strings too... so it'll probably be a £100 outlay all told.

Having said that a fella at the club just bought himself 2 new bows, a new Field bow (shorter dimensions for easier carrying though woods and shit) and a lucious high end Compound bow. He said his wife ws livid at him for buying them (I think he wanted to get them before Lockdown 2 bit) but she softened since he's spent the equivalent on home improvements. So I asked, how much did he actually spend and he said 'well, I went in there with a budget of 10...'

10...K? Good thing I was wearing a facemask otherwise my jaw would have been on the floor. He can make that bow sing though, ooof.

Robits? Uuuh. Got nothing. I did open up the MacFarlane Toys DC Universe Batgirl I bought a few weeks ago. For £20 she's not bad at all. I would rate her over the Marvel Legends I've recently picked up, and maybe that GI Joe Confidential Scarlett too?

20201101_154819.jpg

I also have to pop into Smyths this week to pick up a 2nd set of Switch Joycons for the kids Christmas as well as maaaaybe a few toys to tide me over the next few weeks. Bear in mind though chaps (and lasses?) last time the mop headed charlatan announced a 3 week Lockdown it lasted 3 months...

TLDR: My Archery seems to have taken a real turn for the better. Just in time for Lockdown 2!

YAY.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 15
  20. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

4961E502-BA8B-468A-8242-123E8963323C.jpeg

:eek: 

• Like Like x 18