The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Just try and stop me! :p  ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    3 is a total creepshow. I logged on to prime video to find the new Halloween, but alas saw that new nick frost Simon pegg show truth seekers is on, and I feel compelled to watch.

I know better than to get between a man and his clown issues.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheBritsonian

TheBritsonian Wildly, Impulsively buying Transformers!

Finally caved and bought a complete armada Hot Shot and Megatron today... tbf, only £45 for both fully complete with legends class cybertron sunstorm as well, pretty good deal, and will look great with the Powerlinx Prime I bought this week

• Like Like x 7
  4. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Brilliant film. Scarlett really impressed me and Sam Rockwell is as brilliant as ever.

'I'd have fireworks banned altogether except for at professional displays'. Fixed it. There is absolutely NO legitimate reason why any jerk can walk in off the street and buy something as dangerous as fireworks. There's usually a display in just about every area, so go to that.

Always nice to see love for Bob's Burgers! Biiiiiiig fan :D 

Then it is the RIGHT forum.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm buying three - one to keep as standard, one to repaint as ArmaDirge and one to customise as MTMTE. There's heads on Shapeways but I'll probably have to bodge the other parts. If you hold on once he's out I'll take a look at him and let you know what needs doing and how best to do it. Off the top of my head - paint, new head, thigh skirt parts, neck and top of chest detailing, wrist jets/blasters to clip on around fins.

Fiddled around with KFC Kingorilla earlier. Ape mode is a bit of a bodge really, isn't it, there's a couple of loose joints to fix up, his guns won't peg into either sets of hands, and, speaking of which, having to build his second set of hands was NOT fun, so I hope this isn't something KFC have a habit of doing :( .

I understand there's some new handles for his guns with Kingzilla so I guess we'll see when I pick him up. I hope I don't have to build HIS bloody hands!

Oh, and I went and bought an overpriced Quint Pit from Robotoybase. £130 with shipping. Fuck's sake.

Anyway, HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  5. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Highly arousing.

Alas Halloween is over for another year. Had quite some fun snapping pics this week. Thanks for indulging me folks!
    PicsArt_10-31-11.49.39.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  6. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I love model trains. As a kid, i was always about the train sets, though i did prefer pushing them by hand insteadof battery power. Whenever i went into a museum and they had a train set up going round, I'd stand there watching them for ages. To this day, i still love trains. I've said in the past, it's part of the reason astrotrain is my fav triple changer.

I may not know enough to talk about things like gauge, but i do know if you post about your train set, and talk about it, I'm paying attention.

Wait a second.... I HAD THAT LITTLE YELLOW STATION!!!!

• Like Like x 9
  7. AkibaSilver

AkibaSilver Time Traveller

Been busy the last couple of days, but big thanks to @joetele for this lad, the first Transformer I've bought in a long while - since Power of the Primes, maybe! And he's very, very good. Maybe the legs are a bit chunky, but that's just Wheeljack's design. Now, I hope none of you enable me on anything else!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  8. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I, and all three of my kids love Bob’s Burgers. I have this as a T shirt
    DDEA62E0-149B-47F6-A1F4-266EF804D583.jpeg
    and it seems to be my kids favourite shirt of mine.

• Like Like x 7
  9. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
  10. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Quoted for spook.

Runs hands together schemingly
    EXHAUST SET : EARTHRISE (Nonnef Productions)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Grimlock: “Intruders!!”

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  12. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have detailed files.

• Like Like x 9
  13. LorDZeeD

LorDZeeD Taste the synthwave!

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ah man, I know I can't customise for shit. I just want to buy some bits, clip them on and dust off my hands proudly. But unless there's a 3P option in the works (the MMC one is way over-greebled for me), Kingdom Cyc seems like the best bet. I think I'd be happy with just skirt panels and a new head as a minimum, maybe a sheath on his back for the great sword.
    Kapow better ship my order soon, I'm tempted to cancel with them.and pick up Sunstreaker now to arrive on Tuesday!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See I can’t stand “professional” fireworks displays, the one local to me usually get sub-par selections and decide they have to play music during the display, which ruins the experience IMHO.

10 years ago some of my mates and I took to doing our own bonfire and fireworks with a good homemade food (usually monster size ribs from a local butcher I make a rub for and then cooking in the oven low before throwing on the BBQ with homemade BBQ sauce and sides) before rounding out the night with Cards Against Humanity)

In my home town we usually go to a professional store to buy fireworks (we found the supermarket ones to be utter shite) and always take care to set them off safely. Perhaps a license to buy fireworks and let them off on a certain day or stopping selling them at supermarkets is the way to make sure that only sensible people have access. I would go for a one night license for sure rather than pay for something I consider lacklustre

Over the years going to the local display and hearing Europe’s Final Countdown or classical music pumped out distracting from the awe of gunpowder really takes the shine off the experience.

Anyway, I think the paint on the engine shed made a good effect though I likely will apply more weathering when I build a layout in earnest

800EA8E6-D46A-41A9-8E49-0F93B3B0537E.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just happy Rotorstorm had some kind of fictional appearance, at least he died quickly without the pain the others felt

• Like Like x 7
  16. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Halloween
    We had a Halloween party for my son (6) just because going trick or treating in the current scenario is a bit ridiculous. Luckily no visitors either though, so things are finally getting through to some people.

Fireworks
    Still can’t beat Disney's light/music/fireworks display, but I will admit it is damn good fun to go see a bonfire with fireworks. Shame that won’t happen this year, but again for the best overall.

Lockdown
    Here we go again. Insanity that schools are still as normal and not a staggered rota of online learning and in school. I give it 2 days till we have stories of them shutting due to staffing issues/outbreaks. All well in having a lockdown, but when you start mixing 1200 in one area and don’t expect them to pass it on and take it home...

Transformers
    Still need to list more Generations figures on EBay. Decided to mostly keep the United versions, so need to sell than can have fun opening figures again (and saving more storage space). Did come across a sealed United drift... crazy money I could get for that on eBay, but
    having sold the generations one already (again for too much!) I should really keep it!

• Like Like x 11
  17. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That collage would make a great calendar picture for October if someone was making a Transformers related calendar? ;) ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  18. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Morning all.

Thanks to @robotmel my IDW1 Postwar Cybertron shelf is newly graced with Rattrap! I like that he's a little shorter than most Deluxes. Makes him look more conniving. Happy to have contributed to the white goods regeneration fund as well!

And thanks to @joetele I have a Siege Refraktor! With my usual sense of timing I have decided to hunt down three of these guys, even though in my more drivey-aroundy days I repeatedly left them on the shelves at various branches of Smyths when they were down to £13 each new. Smooth, danforth. Smooooooth. Anyway if any of you fine people have given up on getting three, perhaps because you got the toy colours 3-pack instead, I am looking for another two of the mauvest boys.

I used to avoid getting remoulds, it always felt like better value and more visual variety to have a mixture (hence me keeping Universe Sunstreaker alongside Siege Sideswipe) but it's quite hard to collect classic Decepticons, in particular, without repaints and remoulds (the Seekers, Rumble and Frenzy, Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw, and now the Reflectors).

I await news on whether my adopted homeland of Scotland will announce a full lockdown to match England, or stick to the five-tier approach they were going to implement this week... I'm pretty rural and my family have been super cautious since March, so to be honest it won't massively affect me either way.

2020 has capped four or five years of the world getting increasingly weird. Ever since that weasel chewed through that cable at the Large Hadron Collider, we've been in this bizarro timeline.

• Like Like x 9
  19. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone with FB should tell Comics that their plans to shut at 5pm on the 5th aren't allowed. Lockdown will start at 00:01 on the 5th, so they need to shut on the 4th.

ID have at least said they're closed from the 5th

Quoted for truth.

For me, professional or amateur, it should require a licence so dickheads can't get them (well, they would initially, I suppose), and the licence would cost money (less dickheads) and would only be permitted to set them off on 5th November (and perhaps the Friday or Saturday night closest to it, if I'm feeling generous) and NYE. All displays should be after 6pm and finish by 9:30pm (to give doggy some toilet time ready for bed, duh!).

I get the issue with playing music and shit, but at some point in the late 90s people started to lose their attention span. That period of safety after a big display box ends and during the setup for the next one, suddenly was boring and people lost interest. Sell food, play music, do whatever, just keep them there!

Not a fan myself, but I get why it happens. Perhaps they should stream it all so the attention-deficiency-brigade can listen over bluetooth (but only through headphones, the app won't work otherwise)?

• Like Like x 5
  20. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Round here last night the dickheads were letting fireworks off at ground level. If anything had hit me or my dogs said dickheads would have been at ground level too.

I'd even have displays a few miles away from residential areas. What it does to animals is just cruel. I can give you more reasons for fireworks not existing, but especially right now.

• Like Like x 8