The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. TheBritsonian

TheBritsonian Wildly, Impulsively buying Transformers!

I am literally on the edge of my seat for you, I can't wait to see if it actually arrives

• Like Like x 6
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I'll let you know, but straight up it's definitely been one of those days already... IT issues and Bluestreak just arrived with paint issues (luckily I already own one). This works but has a misaligned power button and a super tight usb port.

IMG_20201026_111208726~2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    fire extinguisher mode? 902B04BB-FDDB-4C61-BD46-5A3698684F27.jpeg
    64E7B336-44DB-41EC-BCC7-6866C65841E3.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

If my memory of man, almost 30 years ago or whenever it was I saw OG BSG as a wee lass I think the Galactica had FTL but most the ships in the fleet didn't? Not 100% sure.

The other main thing I remember from original BSG is they had a planet made entirely of TNT which somehow was populated. I have to assume it was colonised as I can't imagine life evolving on such a planet without them accidentally blowing it up if/when they invent fire :lolol 

Great thing is though with BSG and the reboot, is that going back to the the intro to the original show any amount of reboots or remakes can still 'work' as being the same universe
    "Everything has happened before and will happen again"
    So it is entirely possible that the BSG reboot is in fact in a future cycle of the original series for example. Maybe Caprica is the 'Earth' the ones from the original series came to eventually? Or another planet settled by them some time later? I won't elaborate further for fear of potentially cutting deep into spoiler territory.

As a complete aside, I like to imagine Westworld is actually in an earlier phase of another BSG cycle as a lot of elements from the modern WW series make me think of the BSG reboot :lol 

As for faux parts, well in Jet Shatter's case specifically I think it's a good concession to her triple changer nature in her case specifically. But again, I'd only like a similar 'final form Dropkick' if they could similarly make said faux parts as unobtrusive as Jet Shatter's car parts are as in alt mode she doesn't have car parts hanging out. Just a shame the engineering isn't really there yet for them to make them true triple changers without compromising either alt mode. That said I wouldn't say no to less accurate versions of them who can actually triple change ^^
    My degree of screen accuracy interest varies greatly. Much like scale I'm also pretty much ok with them looking about right rather than slavish adherence and I'll take a fun toy over 100% screen adherence every time :) 

• Like Like x 8
  5. TheBritsonian

Does anyone have the repro-labels for Earthrise prime?? and are they worth it??

• Like Like x 1
  6. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

@Xaran Alamas I saw you asking about sanding. I steal Ms.Convoy's nail buffing blocks. They're cheap af, last for ages and the final buffing pad shines up the plastic nicely.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

And a thank you to you too! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Siege Fan

Just opened a Chrome tab and there was a massive Batman movie spoiler in the 'you might be interested in' section.

It's been a fucking great day so far.

• Like Like x 6
  9. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I got thinking about my old drawings and went to see if I had any still laying about. I remember drawing an epic battle that stretched over several sheets of A4 (a lot of the more dynamic character poses were copied wholesale from the UK comics). No idea where they are now, but I did find these later attempts at OCs in 1992..

20201026_115230.jpg 20201026_115122.jpg

Welp, Primol certainly gets 0/10 for originality. Like, there's just enough changes that he hopes to avoid copyright infringement. Head Hunter fairs better, even if he transforms into a flying brick. Points to both for having transformations that are physically possible, if a little simplistic. Colour schemes aren't terrible either, even if Primol's are just colour shifted a smidge from the OG OP. ;) 

• Like Like x 13
  10. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

BSG coming first actually makes a lot of sense, since Macross really loves 'Culture' as a very marketable consumer definition with hamburgers, night clubs and of course corporate commercial pop music. You can't help but think they were looking at that American shows with wide eyed adoration, as most probably were at the time. Is the premise of the original BSG the same as the new one? I've never seen it

Edit: quick google tells me yes pretty much it was

• Like Like x 4
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Ahhh ignore this, just realized that Breakdown and Megs have different coloured feet. Damnation.

Awesome news dude.

Ditto dude. But I do appreciate the effort of folks trying to get me something they think I'll like. I still have a AoE Constructobots Grimlock that my wife over-paid for on a business trip, because shes vaguely knew Grimlock was a favourite. The figure is definitely not my cup of tea, but -hey- at least she didn't buy me a tie. I fucking hate ties.

Speaking of the other half, I could hear her screaming earlier, ran downstairs to see what happened. Turns out my devilish daughter picked up a dead daddy long legs, dismembered it and then deposited into my wife's hands.... smiling as she did.

Laughed.
    My.
    Hole.
    Off.

The evidence my spawn is a serial killer in training continues to mount.....

• Like Like x 15
  12. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 3
  13. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    @bcm77 massive congrats on Oreo’s all clear, great news!

Visited Brum the weekend and rescued some stuff that had been left in my dads garage.... some comic and annual bounty I’d forgotten about ahoy, will put some pics up later this week.... first thing I saw in there was ‘Crisis of Command’ and the cover took me back to childhood straight away... can’t wait to sift through the old goodies!!

• Like Like x 8
  14. WFT5002

WFT5002 Well-Known Member

What paint issues mate?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Siege Fan

Some of that is obviously packaging dust but considering he was £23 for a deluxe I'm not putting up with matt paint scrapes (right of the symbol, above and beside the light)

IMG_20201026_114000282.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do. They truly bring the trailer to life. Don't really care for and didn't use the majority of the cab/robot ones but the trailer really needs it.

FB_IMG_1603717376558.jpg
    FB_IMG_1603717363420.jpg
    20201022_073121.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  17. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like the Autobot Alliance set is indeed arriving for people whole ordered on Amazon UK. Someone posted their set on FB

• Like Like x 4
  18. fwestivus

fwestivus Well-Known Member

19. TheBritsonian

That's honestly all I was considering them for, I don't really care for them on Prime himself, but might be cool for the trailer

• Like Like x 3
  20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jacked.

Jacked.37.png

• Like Like x 15