The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Going to fetch Oreo in a little while. I rang to check how things had gone at 2pm and they said he was fine but just recovering from the anaesthetic so they wanted to keep him a bit longer so first stage is done, just have to wait for test results and see how we progress from there.

Had to put up with some whingeing from my parents because it changed their usual schedule for Tuesday where we talk to Katie in the afternoon and then order tea from the chippy but only Mum required shutting down because she phoned Katie to explain and started going on like Oreo was almost bald at which point I grabbed the phone form her hand, locked myself in the bathroom and gave Katie the real picture.

When I'd done Mum wisely chose not to say anything.

I have cancelled a couple of imminent pre-orders to help free up some cash so I can cover any further expenses if he does need some sort of treatment, they were figures I'd already decided to resell anyway so may as well give somebody else a shot at them.

Rebecca's been sniffing about wondering where he is when I got her out but is otherwise fine, I'll just have to keep an eye on her when Oreo gets back in case she tries to be a bit too rough with him as he'll be a bit sleepy.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

I keep trying to decide whether to buy the Deadpool 2 movie 2 pack or wait and see if DP gets a single release (hopefully with an alt head).

I cant imagine he wont get a single release but do i want to take that risk?

• Like Like x 2
  3. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  6. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I really wish they came with alternate head sculpts...

• Like Like x 6
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, a real missed opportunity to whack some toy homage heads on 'em. Though I am somewhat grateful for them saving me money by not.

Mmmm...Marvelicious!
    [​IMG]
    Also a yellow and Limited-Run clear available, now to wait for Gworks to list 'em!

Might be tempted to go gold on Scorps face for complete Marvel-isation, Hmmm...

• Like Like x 11
  8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Isn't that always the way though?

Had she signed me up for wrestling classes three times a week I probably would have hated it (not an option in the UK anyway, but ya get my point!)

• Like Like x 12
  9. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was quite interested in Barricade if he was in Netflix or Selects - he could go on my Cybertronian shelf, alt-mode be damned - but not interested enough to play the odyssey of galactic scope that is buying Galactic Odyssey products in the UK.

If that is the case, and we get an Earth mode Swipe, maaaaaybe he'll have a DeLorean alt mode - Gigawatt was the pretool! *dramatic chords* :D 

My redundancy money is not being used for toys, but as I've shifted some stuff on ebay lately I've been able to add a couple of awesome TFs to my Incoming list guilt-free. Might even be moved to photograph them when they arrive (can't promise good photos, but will give it the old Cub Scout try with a sticker for Effort).

Has Neuta decided to sleep it off, I wonder? Or merely stopped to refuel?

• Like Like x 9
  10. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Ah, good to know! I felt really overwhelmed by the whole idea of designing my own stuff until I actually started using Solidworks. It’s surprisingly easy, especially for making simple parts like the aforementioned guns. My first order of business would probably be to make a simple, but massive spear for the Allicons...

Fuck that for a game of toy robots, I’m not spending £50 on two deluxes. Just to get my sweet Barricade. It annoys me to no end that multipacks, a thing which usually means “a few repaints for a few quid less than buying two figures from the same size class separately” has become “wrangle with several different websites to try and buy two deluxes for £10-20 more than it would be to just buy two in Smyths.”

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Oreo is home now. I took him straight back to HQ where he scoffed a plate of meat intended for him AND Rebecca and then ambled down the ramp to announce his return.

News from the vet is that it looks like there's a problem around his adrenal gland as initially suspected but he says he'll know for sure when the blood test result comes back in 2-5 days.

So not the best news, but also not unexpected and there does appear to be options for treating him.

• Like Like x 14
  12. Siege Fan

They've basically learned from what other companies do around 2 packs (and see movie Legends). Here's one character you'll definitely want and somebody you'll likely have to make your peace with. These will be difficult to obtain because we're thick as shit and missing the entire point of our own devious scheme.

In other news, mums rarely know best in almost anyone's experience.

• Like Like x 4
  13. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Interesting.

Ditto. A maximum dinobots style HM Sunny head and toy head would go down a treat.

Shit craic brendan, glad he's home and I'm sure the treatment will help.

• Like Like x 9
  14. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That is so right. I remember when I was 15 and I was not allowed to buy Beast Wars Rampage with my own pocket money because I was “too old for toys”. It was until my mid twenties before I found one on eBay.

This is the best thing I’ve seen today.
    1BCCB4FF-4410-45CD-A2F3-581618F7F6D4.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  15. Siege Fan

Lol, just recently my mum asked, 'What about all these zombie figures that are still at ours?'.

Despite everything, I don't own a single zombie figure. They just believe what they wanna believe...

I honestly think the mask thing is mostly nonsense and counterproductive psychologically (many have already had enough nearby and it's only began, the PSNI don't even try to enforce it), but that's a cracking poster!

Haven't listened to this yet, movie plans...

• Like Like x 4
  16. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Popped into my local Entertainer today to see if they had any of the battlemasters that have been spotted. No such luck, they only had a few primemasters and a solitary Ironworks. It's only a small shop, so maybe I missed them or they haven't had them in yet.
    Am I right in thinking it is waves 2, 3 & 4 that have been spotted? I want some Aimless' and Caliburst's for some customs I have in mind.

I did get a SW Vintage collection K2SO, they had 2 at the front of a peg full of Snoke's and Rey's. Peg was marked as £9 but he rang through the till at £15. I queried the price and got him for the £9. Result.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    So, apparently not Earth Mode 'Swipe after all in the GOC but "a POTP Deluxe", hmmm...ya know Punch/Counterpunch was technically a POTP Deluxe, hope for a Pointblank in the Dominus set?

• Like Like x 13
  18. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw Rung, Singe and Pteraxadon in my local and havent seen any others reported

• Like Like x 5
  19. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

All the other PotP deluxe were combiners so I would really hope it’s Punch/Counterpunch.
    Even it it’s a straight reissue of him I’d be happy as I don’t have him and would want one.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Siege Fan

'Universally flattering' the description says :oops: 

Screenshot_20201006-204039.png

• Like Like x 2