The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also got a Complete XTB V3 Arkose for sale now that FT Dunerunner has arrived. £50 plus postage.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Megatron has no known weakness. This includes fashion faux-pas.

Been a while since I handled him, but from memory about the same height as a classic seeker? So not that short. Just I'm a man who likes his robo-Stalin to be at least voyager height.

*glares at G30 stealth bomber megatron* yes that comment is mainly direct at you.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah I've noticed that a lot as well, I presume that comes down to two main problems. One being that stock is listed by different employees so there's little to no consistency in naming it. The other is hasbros fault and it's good ridiculous the names for their lines are getting. "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Netflix Deluxe Class Bumblebee" for instance is a lot to take in for someone who doesn't know what they're looking at which leads to the lack of consistency.

I just search by Transformers, sure you might have to search a little bit from there to find what you want but at least you're seeing everything (I think!).

On a similar note and not really related to transformers but it really annoys me when companies use really vague or common terms for their lines name making it hard to find them online.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Agreed, and that would be my guess too. It really would be better to have tags linked to character names (so Impactor shows up whatever the chapter title, class, whatever). And suppliers and companies need to be detailing the tags!

Yeah, I always laugh at reviewers telling you the full Transformers titles!

"This is the Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Netflix Deluxe Class Mirage (pause for breath), WFC 42. Now of course we've had two previous Mirage figures, and..."

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    I decided to order an Allicon fron because had a bit of a rough week and has some spare cash. He's coming via Yodel and it's at my local depot but not arriving until tomorrow. Dude I'm like 5 mins away c'mon!

But won't be in so redirected it to safe space because tomorrow we're going to go pick up our new adopted rescue dog PERRY. IMG_20200918_080149.jpg
    12 years old and with a heart murmur but fuck it wanna give him a good life however long he's got as was neglected and abused by previous owner. Plus the meds are cheap.

• Like Like x 17
  6. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

You are gonna give that doggo the best possible life.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    In the interest of full disclosure, and otherwise not worth mentioning, a wee bleb of black by an intake on Ramjet now scratched off was it for paint errors, as I said before essentially a pristine pair. Praise be to Primus!

• Like Like x 7
  8. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice to see rebels love. Weirdly I found three of the core cast pretty irritating, but still loved it/find it my fav Star Wars fiction (maybe competing with that Tim zhan book trilogy, but that might be rose tinted glasses).

Big big like for this.
    First tf in a while, and he’s great:

1D6FA7E7-7E4D-4EF1-AC70-85BA86F56479.jpeg

Mft (I think?) os and modified ko of... palm toys? Mindwipe. Can’t remember who did the original actually, though I had a few of that line.

Perfect legends fiddle fodder, with my personal fav - ball joined ankles (that get a much better range of you reverse the feet). Would like him more toy-maroon, but a great little toy.

• Like Like x 13
  9. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

Further to the console gaming discussion that was going on yesterday.. i agree that some games are way to "simulation-y" for the sake of it, altho disagree as to which games they are

I loved GTAs 4 & 5, I thought 5 was a quantum leap in gaming and what gamers should expect in terms of having a fully realised world, without sacrificing enjoyability since whilst the world changed, your own actions were pretty much the same as they've been since GTA 3 - drive around, nick some cars, shoot some people.

RDR2 was where I got a little fed up. As an in depth simulation it was very impressive, the horses had nuts, there was lots going on, but it was also tedious, you had to fuckin shower and shave and do menial errands. I'm surprised there wasnt a pooping minigame. It was too much, impressive as a technical feat but not really enjoyable. Like a musician performing the most complex, intricate series of notes might be an impressive feat but that doesn't mean the music will sound good.

I cant really get behind the lambasting of triple A titles since when I look at the console games I've enjoyed recently, they are all triple A titles. God of War, although a little overhyped if you ask me, was still a great game. My main grievance was that it lacked the epic feel of last gen God of Wars where huge boss fights were some of the games' defining moments. In this one you had the snake dude who ended up being your friend, and apart from that very little else. The troll fights which were re-used throughout the game were disappointing in their lack of originality and creativity.

Spiderman was a cool game, although I feel it only really picked up near the end when it turned from feeling like a standalone episode of the spiderman cartoon to feeling like the extended Spiderman cartoon movie, and started getting very cool with the stakes feeling important. A cool game nonetheless, the combat and traversal was satisfying.

But my favourite PS4 game without doubt was Horizon Zero Dawn, absolutely mind blowing, loved the story, loved the gameplay, loved the big freaking robots. It was really cool (and the underground tech-factory levels reminded me of what Cybertron might feel like if created in such detail).

In terms of PC gaming since it's easier to dev and release for, there are a lot of smaller indie gems and it's easier to play older games. Recently got through Grim Fandango, which although hugely frustrating, was also very enchanting with its characters and story. Gaming has definitely changed, but there are a lot of games I am looking forward to. (See: Cyberpunk)

I do feel like I enjoy games less than I used to but I'm not sure how much of that is down to games being different or my own capacity to enjoy them diminishing with age. Im not an open minded kid with no burdens and responsibilities weighing me down and preventing me with engaging fully in media like I used to. I find the same with movies and music and TV shows. Also having so much choice hinders that enjoyment when that nagging part of your brain is telling you to seek that dopamine release elsewhere.

• Like Like x 5
  10. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Have ordered Black Series Zeb & Chopper and an Allicon from Comics & Cocktails.....I would also like an Agent Callus figure to be made due to the glory of his sideburns :D 

I've sent an e-mail to the bus company to get further clarification on what alternate forms of payment they accept and am awaiting a response.

@Avon,
    Unique Toys did the original, I really like what MFT have done with the OSKO though, looks like it's had a lot more modifications than previous releases.

@Lothar Hex,
    Hope Perry has a nice life with you, nice that you're giving him a chance :) 

• Like Like x 8
  11. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :) 
    Hey up!
    Randomly checked my email last night before going to bed and there was an alert from Amazon UK that the coneheads where available to buy again - jumped on it and secured a set with expected delivery first week of October.
    This is approx the same time the Amazon Canada stock is released - so do I cancel the Canada order and hope to Primus they stump up the goods? Risky! :eek: 
    Approx £50 UK - approx £70+ Canada after posting!

:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 6
  12. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

The actions of the player are the same, and both are fantastic from a technical viewpoint, but the world they created just feel a bit hollow because of the realism. There's not really any memorable places, it all just blends. There's no memorable characters outside the playable ones (ok, Brucie and Roman are memorable). The cities just seem to lack character. Very much agree that RDR2 took it way too far though.

@bcm77 Good luck with the bus company. I don't see why they should force people to use an app. Mind you, the NCT busses still haven't even got contactless payment yet so who knows what these companies are thinking.

@Lothar Hex I'm sure Perry will have a great life with you guys.

Well, in my 'clearly handling life well at the moment' mindset, I went and bought another ER wheeljack from kapow to replace the 'mashed potato' one as @Seeaich so aptly put it. I'd have to repaint his whole chest, and then all his other reed stripes to match. Figured I can just repaint potatojack in a nice shiny black and use him as Makeshift. And to get the most of my postage, also got Impactor. I was gonna wait for the netflix one but screw it. Also ordered the gap filler kit for impactor and another wheeljack kit since the wing I tried gluing came apart too easily. And never again will a figure be stood up on the sofa. Always lie them down, even if it's just for a minute. Lesson learnt.

At least my cough seems to have shifted.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    As someone who still gets intermittent "we're still trying to source this item" on my £30+ quid Firestormers box set Amazon UK Pre-order I'm leaving open purely for shits & giggles at this point, I'd advise caution because current correlation of competency doesn't guarantee it'll continue.
    Not meant insultingly I must stress, just any chance to riff on Bodger & Badger!

I was thinking maybe Slicer but, Mr. Ambassador, your speaking of an all-black 'Jack has my interest!

• Like Like x 7
  14. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Never thought it was meant that way. It was an apt name for the mushiness of his chest paint now. And any mention of Bodger and Badger will get a like from me.

I was thinking slicer, but the lure of the black repaint is too strong. And since Makeshift was all black (granted because he was in shadow but still) in his normal form, and then in wheeljack's form the rest of the episode, it just seemed to come together nicely. I may still see if I can find some swords for him though.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That simplicity is a purely elegant one, look forward to seeing it! :thumb 

I mean, it totally worked for V1 Snake Eyes too!

• Like Like x 7
  16. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

So I recently picked up a knackered DOTM Ark, serving as a transforming dropship for the bots. My favourite feature isn't the pop up physio table, flippy ramp or space bridge, but the wasted flap on the far left, which is just full of waffles. It makes a handy Armoury for all the excessive loose weapons IF toys come with and a one day Aaarnhide to look after. I've decided the prison at the back is a CR chamber too. could do with a flip up monitor for the command console/watchtower/whatever so might look into making a piece for that.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 12.40.07.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-09-18 at 12.40.07 (1).jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  17. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    HEY! You're alright!

Sexy!

I've got my annual performance review meeting next week. Along with my other notable achievements, I shall add not murdering a senior colleague. Though I fear some of my other colleagues on the senior management team may see this as a missed opportunity and a lack of initiative on my part. Some bellends are just fucking asking for it, eh?

Such as...
    "You left my Horrorcon colleague, Apeface, badly hurt, Autobot. I'm going to rip you into little pieces for that. But first I want the head."
    From 'Time Wars' TF:UK#200
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    My copy of the Hachette Job's TFTM adaptation has finally landed, and flicking thru the Marvel Comics adaptation sure is an eye-opener on how much worse the Movie could have been.
    A consuming mist for Unicron's Planet-Eating? LAME.
    No contest of Leadership in Astrotrain? WEAK @$$. (As is "It is indeed I who was Megatron, converted into Galvatron by Unicron!" instead of simply, "HERE'S A HINT!")
    Wheelie appearing from pretty much nowhere? Even more obviously inserted due to notes or something.
    Ultra Magnus' "death" by Quartering? METAL AS F***!

Even being based on earlier drafts the whole thing is clunky and seemingly rushed to boot but it is a lovely bit of TF history to finally have one's mitts on. I stalled out on the IDW adaptation though, as despite it's scheduling advantages over the OG1 Marvel take it seems almost equally clunky and rushed, like they've overly abridged it. I mean it's possible they've done that as a nod to the original adaptation but if that is the case I'd say it's a bad call, and to me comes across a a lazy squandering of the advantage of hindsight.

Anyway, roll on Volume 91, please, FP, and I finally can be done with this definitively shonky collection!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

Hard agree on both points, I rather like the ickle green Megs but he doesn't really scale with anything, ditto the 'death of TRU' bomber version, I even like the Op from the twin pack, despite his heinous flaws, spinney gimmick, lack of any support in his legs whatsoever...I could go on, at least he's nice n' boxy!

I was working in Chessington World of Adventures when they filmed a few episodes there, legends,
    Mashed patay, mashed patay, mashed patay...toe!

I do love a man who can re-use a questionable toy.
    ......that didn't come out quite right
    Aahhh! neither did that!!!

Oh, I spanked 80 quid on the new Warhammer Space Marine toy....270 days wait will fly past I am sure....

Back been giving me hassles this week, best to all who live with pain, you have my respect.

Laters.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice weekend to all

• Like Like x 11