The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What an earth mode Lambo or just the Siege one with grey paint/dirt apps? :confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Dirty, filthy Siege Cybertronian, I'm afraid. I think if either of the Siege Lambos get Earth modes I strongly feel it'll be in the form of one of those damned new fangled sublines-of-sublines Exclusives (I'm not speculating that they're gonna be in any of the upcoming other 4 of 5 GOC's but a later, similar packaging).

Ha! Checked the ol' Inbox, and it turns out Greasepit is also gonna be me enabling one of those filthy immigrants slipping into the UK via France! :lol 
    Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 14.29.15.png

Sadly my Snakebois seem to have settled in at Leeds DHL station and haven't moved since Saturday though.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    If you’re getting that from the image of the website counting down till the next exclusive two-pack, then sadly no. The outlines isn’t an Earthmode Sideswipe, it’s part of a WFC painting.

I’d say if we get an Earthmode sideswipe, it’ll be a selects retool of an Armada Wheeljack. (Or the other way around)

Also, had a sudden epiphany- what if SS86 Grimlock is a heavy retool of Snapdragon? Their transformation schemes are very similar.

• Like Like x 6
  4. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

Avatar was my favourite movie experience of all time and I would be looking forward to the sequels a little more if I was younger. Note - I watched it on a huge IMAX screen in 3D and I was high off my balls when I watched it. If I could still tolerate that amount of weed then I would be looking forward to the sequels much more.

The story is criticised for being unoriginal, which is true, but is also missing the point. The story exists merely as a platform or vehicle to take the viewers on one of the best visual experiences that exists. IMAX, 3D and trippin balls all heighten that experience, but my own subjective experience as someone that has watched a lot of movies is that the first time I watched Avatar and walked out of the theatre, the only words I could utter were "wow."

• Like Like x 14
  5. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

Hey @robotmel , Mods or anyone let me know if this is not allowed:

I joined FB (arrgh!) and saw someone offering upgrade kits.

If I can work out how to copy a FB link here, I'll edit the post.

I don't know if this is of interest to anyone? ATM prices seem to be a bit cheaper than say TF Safari but not sure how the P&P will be.

Edit:

No I don’t know how to post a link but it was on Transformers Selling Unlimited and inventory and prices are as below.

Edit: seller’s name removed for privacy

Siege jetfire sword 8
    Soundwave/soundblaster upgrade kit 7
    Earthrise optimus upgrade kit 10
    Earthrise wheeljack upgrade kit 12
    Siege sideswipe & alphastrike tail fin 7
    Siege impactor upgrade kit 12
    Siege ironhide upgrade kit 8
    Siege ratchet upgrade kit 8
    Siege crosshairs upgrade kit 8
    Siege hound upgrade kit 5
    Siege red alert upgrade kit 9
    Siege starscream null rays 7
    Siege starscream tail fin 5
    Earthrise grapple upgrade kit 13

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Given the perspective of time, do you still fell the same way about the movie?

For me, it was like one of those "4D" theme park theatre experiences where they blow a bit of wind at your feet when theres a rush of spiders and spray a bit of water whenever there is a splash on screen and shake the chair when an elephant runs past (everything Matinee took the piss out of years before it stated to happen). But the beauty of those is that they're usually about 10 minutes tops.

For me the most amaizng thing about Avatar is how it could make 2.78 billion and then have zero pop culture impact. Titanic is still parodied and referenced 20 years on, Avatar... nothing. Really strange.

• Like Like x 7
  7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    IT'S ROTORSTORM WEEK!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Wooo! @barry like avalanche! :D 

• Like Like x 4
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I'm having similar luck, SDCC items were handed to RR Donnelly one of America's shittiest outfits apparently, then handed to Hermes, one of ours! Flutter of movement last week, nothing since on the tracking. It's like Alien when the motion tracker blip just stops and you start to wonder what'll happen next...

Avatar was far too bland for anything but immediate parody, that's how little substance it had. It doesn't even have structure, the military guy reappears at the end like the literal afterthought he is! Jesus, I'd genuinely sooner watch anything from the last 15 years of Bayhem than Avatar, and he really is one soulless director.

• Like Like x 7
  10. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Heck yes. IMG_20200830_182553.jpg

I'm hoping they Don't Earthrise Swipe an Co for purely selfish financial/space reasons......so of course they will. The issue being like the ER DatBros they may end up being the "better" version and I'll be on the hook for however many they print off.

Even when I see it coming miles off I know I'm still going to get run over.

Amazon: another (half assed) rant ahoy. There are three different orders sitting in......somewhere and not being delivered to me for fuck alone knows what reason beyond its a bank holiday. And I don't begrudge those poor sods a day off. Except..........

All fucking day Amazon delivery vans are up and down my road every couple of minutes. So why not mine. That's not a question. I've even taken in one for the neighbors.

Cue epic Wilhelm "BEZOS!!!!!" scream.

Invoice for MP Tigertron. £150 is a LOT of bones I'd rather spend on other stuff right now. I think I'll have a ponder on this one.......

Avatar. Pffft. It wasn't even good chewing gum for the eyes. How do you steal most of your tech-designs from Halo and manage to make them utterly boring? That's actually a talent.......

• Like Like x 15
  11. WFT5002

WFT5002 Well-Known Member

Hey! This is me haha. Feel free to message me on TFW2005 first if you want any upgrade kits :) 

• Like Like x 7
  12. TheBritsonian

TheBritsonian Wildly, Impulsively buying Transformers!

Told myself I wasn't gonna buy any more Transformers this month, after all the pre-orders and stuff...

God damn Ebay offers on rare legends class TFs MISB, why must you tempt me so??

• Like Like x 8
  13. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So yay: loft is getting boarded in 3 weeks and I'll finally have somewhere larger than a bookcase to display.

Nay: entire loft needs to be emptied first. Fml.

It'll all be worth it in the end I suppose...

• Like Like x 10
  14. Siege Fan

Sadly my loft would require extensive retooling otherwise I'd have it looking like a toy museum... "And here you can see the Transformers line from 2020, when Hasbro made some of the dumbest decisions this side of a Star Wars licence."

• Like Like x 8
  15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I think it's a fate that befalls most of the great directors directors. Spielberg, Scott, Lucas, Jackson... all amazing directors in their day, and they still have their moments, but all seem to have lost the verve that made their movies so great. I mean, I enjoyed Ready Player One enough, it was OK, but there was nothing in that film that I could point to and say "Yup, Spielbergs fingerprints there!"

Also, I met Rick Macallum a few years ago. Lovely bloke. This was a few months before the Disney buy out. That bastard knew!

• Like Like x 8
  16. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I am seriously regretting not pre-ordering Rotorstorm when I had the chance. He looks fantastic.

• Like Like x 10
  17. Siege Fan

They all fall into the CGI trap. The focus is on that above characterisation, it takes over when your central character(s) must look amazing but then you have to maintain that for 2 hours plus. It's partly why movies are so long now, we've spent X so get it onscreen whatever. Plus, like a lot of us, they're older now with shiny new toys lmao

@Skjalddis Zavvi have him listed, but try the usual suspects too, Amazon even. Hasbro have dishing out and restocking Selects left and right, but it's as random as anything they do. Try Mygeekbox too just in case.

• Like Like x 4
  18. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

Agreed, I passed when he was originally revealed with the Spinister head. Regretting it now.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I could see that kind of TR-style basic engineering reuse for a massively different figure TBH, the beast head foldaway would be a way to get that sleeker, seated T-Rex jaw backpack of the 'Toon model in Toy form.
    I was beginning to suspect with typical German efficiency DHL will stick to the purported 7th Sept. arrival date...
    ...until this made me realise I had completely forgotten it's a Bank Holiday Monday for the SECOND time today! Urgh!
    I mean, with so much CG world in that film being handled by an animation director, and short in comparison live action scenes, how much of that job was a sit back and take the money for him? Not saying he hasn't earned the right to grab a little cash but it sure seems more of a take the money and run rather than a passion project (the Kubrick homage added for the film adaptation is probably at least one big, sticky fingerprint you may have missed?).
    Amazing what such a well sculpted head can do for a figure that is entirely "wrong" otherwise but just such a fantastically dynamic bit of toy design as it is.
    Really hope the 'Hax come thru with some sort of trans hot pink chest sticker for him to touch upon perfection!

EDIT:
    OH, WOW! HASCON 2020 over the 25th & 26th of September, where us Global TF Fans can find out exactly which figures we'll have to Pay a Huge Premium/Snipe at 10AM/Have literally No Chance whatsoever to get! WOOOOH!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    ....They deliver at night... mostly....

• Like Like x 6