The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Well part of it will recoup the bills from getting a couple of household appliances fixed, which ran to nearly £200. I’ll probably still get Optimus Primal eeven at that shitty £60 price, and I caved and got Doubledealer yesterday from Smyths. Not transformed him yet though. Too hot to do puzzles.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

[​IMG]

Earthrise Prime Nonnef upgrade kit arrived from The Glaug today, which is nice. I can’t install it yet as I still don’t have ER Prime, but I have assembled Roller. I went for a grey one since there’s a blue one coming with the Centurion Drone accessory kit.

[​IMG]

Really great quality, as you would expect.

I was extremely excited to see these coming from Dr Wu on Oh My Primus’ Instagram feed too :D 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two colours, £11 for four. I will, Of course, buy as many of these as I am physically able to. I’ll probably get some and paint them red too, for MTMTE/LL reasons.

Speaking of good news, the XTB Quintesson is going to be £94 from Oh My Primus (not TFS-Express, whoops) which is maybe as cheap as it’s likely to be. Seems like we’re getting a better deal than the rest of the world, but then TFSource aren’t half some overcharging bastards.

Looking at Milne’s new Arcee design...

[​IMG]

This mold sprang immediately to mind (although the legs and backpack would need work) for a custom -

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 16
  3. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

I love how he keeps playing music to take the piss out of situations.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of tlk barry. I think it's the chest, it's a similar look.

Happy birthday @Braddock

• Like Like x 4
  4. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

Wait maybe for the announced deluxe, which should be a bit better

5. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An eagerly anticipated G-works order from Glaug arrived today, so that's Sideswipe and Red Alert finished off nicely, and of course you can neve have too many blast effects! IMG_20200812_161950.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    All the money, my soul and 2 fish suppers for good measure.

It is a shame that ER Arcee is still a future space car. I kow thats what 99% of fans wanted, but I thought it would have been a great chance to break away from the norm and give her an actual earth altmode.

Alex Milne should just be drawing transformers all the time.

Nice. I threw an order in last week for this kit, which means I'm sure I'll be waiting a while as they seem to have a fair backlog, but that is what I need for my G2 Murderwipe. Hes just a gurning angerface away from surpassing the MP version.

Ditto.

You aren't alone there, definite Tracks and Windcharger vibes from the pair of them. It wouldn't be the first time Arcee and Windcharger have shared a mold either.... Arcee (G1)/toys - Transformers Wiki

Wasn't there rumours of a WFC Windcharger happening? A man can dream....

Typical isn't it? Appliances always break in threes. If you can find one for a non-wanker price, the Throne of Prime version is worth it in my opinion, crown/ sceptre are great, the throne not bad for a lump of cardboard - and if you aren't keen on the Primemasters, I'm sure they'd go for a decent price on their tod if you sold them on.

Ugh, anyone ever buy something on ebay and for whatever reason the seller seems to dump a fuckton of air freshner/ perfume/ aftershave into the box? I get headaches with really strong scents, so my afternoon delivery of plastic crack today has been accompanied with a sore nogging. Damnation.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Which is odd as ID are pretty insistent of the opposite, that he's an Exclusive, and kinda infer he could be elusive (unless they're just trying to underline that there is no Wave 4 for ER despite this guy cropping up)?
    Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 16.21.29.png
    Are Hasbro UK giving Kapow the cold shoulder or summink? That's very different info from two very professional sources!
    I'm afraid I nabbed the only Lump Hammer listed and the last of the other fella's anvils! Unfortunately you'll need to save the "Lowest Price" searches for "Action Man Hammer" and "Playmobil Anvil" and await your prey!
    Us Brits are really gonna have to embrace the continental siesta mentality in the world of Climate Change, bet the culture (& authority) will push us to stay out with the Mad Dogs though!

• Like Like x 10
  8. VehiconVindication

VehiconVindication Well-Known Member

In need of a bit of extra cash at the moment, so I'm looking to shift some gear, and thought I'd check here before resorting to ebay :) 

Nothing's concrete yet, and I still need to have a deep dive through the collection, but there'll be a Movie The Best Soundwave going if anyone's interested, along with an Atomic Lugnut with box, as well as a few other things.

I'll post again once I've got more to tell, but if either of those catch your eye, or you're in the market to buy some mid-2000's Transformers in decent condition, shoot me a message!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

Those milne designs are beautiful! Wasted in a crossover comic, hopefully they'll at least influence the Main stream. Coincidently was chatting to @Xaran Alamas about how weak his fembots were (referring to his page the geek spark art book) and was corrected that it's only when he has to copy someone else's style. Clearly this is true!

Currently halfway on the 500mile trip up to Scotland, finally see the missus (and hopefully @Toadimus Prime) after 6 months. The ac tricked me into forgetting how hot it is. Stepped out for a stretch and I've got instant sweat patches. Also sandwiches have turned into melted cheese sandwiches, which is actually pretty tasty but messy.

• Like Like x 8
  10. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@SJW,
    Congrats on the new arrivals, think ER Hubcap is a great upgrade to the Hot Soldiers one, the yellow being much more vibrant really makes it pop!

@Skjalddis,
    If you don't mind me asking what animal care course is your other half doing? Having been out of work a long time and being of a mind to get some different qualifications so I have a chance at a job I enjoy it's something I've been leaning towards as I love being around animals.

@Braddock,
    :bday 

• Like Like x 7
  11. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They're doing an HNC in Animal Care at Bishop Burton in Hull. They're not sure exactly what they want to go into and starting with a one year course allows for maximum flexibility.

• Like Like x 7
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure exactly what area I want to go into either so that sounds like the kind of thing I should be looking for. Hope things go well for your other half!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I've been patiently waiting for my Toyhax order to come in, but its almost been a month now (order shipped 16th July) I've not ordered Toyhax in a little while (only place 1 or 2 orders a year if that at all) and I'm wondering if a month is about average these days? or if I should contact them about it.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this ugly dual-doggo today, sadly Toy Town didn't have Troll and Deathbird.
    15972474136055618944011133965795.jpg
    I wonder hws anyone made s cutom Prime PotP Abominus with new heads...

• Like Like x 11
  15. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:

Had to be done....

• Like Like x 8
  16. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Got a bit of progress on my Show Z Store situation as after a bit of miscommunication they've asked me to send a pic of MFT Iron Sky so they can confirm it's not the Magic Square Seekers I ordered so I'll get that done when my camera has recharged.

Looks like the 3.75" vintage carded Mandalorian I ordered a while back to go with Cara Dune is imminent so my MOC display will soon consist of 2 figures :D 

The headache I was getting this morning didn't develop into a full blown migraine which was good, just feeling a bit hot & irritable but drinking a lot so trying to keep as comfortable as possible.....the ferrets now have both fans on full blast pointed at their HQ as they need it more than me and both water bottles are topped up every couple of hours.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  17. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :) 
    MOAR Milne!
    Darn it, I had totally forgetton about Alternators Arcee as I never owed her but I do have boxed Alt Windcharger, For Sale too, if anyone needs one! ;) 

Will search the 'Bay! :)  Upon rising I succumbed to a icy pint of Strongbow and a seat in the sun - well, for about half an hour then it clouded over! Now thundering, lightning and rain! Boo! :p 

• Like Like x 5
  18. angelic

angelic Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get the magic square tape set in the UK? TFS sold out fast.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Maybe if we could get more than one mainline G1 Arcee mold in a five year period we'd see more exploration. G1 Arcee we had what? Thrilling 30 and then nothing from Hasbro till Earthrise? And before anyone brings it up I know we got versions of Arcee in Prime and Animated and are getting a Cyberverse version, but in the same period we've had multiples of other G1 main cast members.
    TBH this is one reason I am really hopeful we'll see an Earth Mode Arcee in a Bumblebee sequel. For preference as THE Corvette but it'd just be nice now we are actually getting toys of CArcee to see them experiment too. Wouldn't turn down a Cybertronian Arcee in SS too as the way I see it I don't see them leaving the Cybertronian characters alone entirely even if we didn't see vehicle modes in the movie :D 

I also thought of our convo when I saw them. Now I'd really love to see a Milne designed Windblade even more just out of curiosity :D 

• Like Like x 6
  20. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I had one many years ago, not bad at all as far and Binaltech/ Altenators go.

To be fair, there was TR Arcee, which was a rather nice remold of Blurr. But I do remember thinking at the time she was rumoured that TLK Cogman's figure would have made for a belter TR Arcee with a little remolding.

• Like Like x 7