The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Entirely new.

• Like Like x 3
  2. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I'm hoping Thunderwing crops up as a late reveal for Earthrise. Not likely, but I'm a dreamer.

I'd watched a remake with Brian acting out all the parts himself and with the aid of a sock puppet.

School budgeting never seems to make much sense. My sister's ex worked as a lab assistant in one for a while, and he was kept in a similar limbo - he was basically full-time for 3 years, but rather than give him a permenant contract they had him on a per term deal, which he said paid him more than what he would have had.

The purples are most deep and the greens delightful when they catch the light right. I've four of the wee beggars so if you ever fancy taking one of my hands I'd be happy to oblige.

The ever spinning wheels of enablement!
    $27 for three from a guy on ebay. Plus postage. Alas he is sold out, but I spied this listing.

Mega Construx - Aliens Black Series Aliens Xenomorph Egg with Slime! | eBay

Ugh. Some buyers on eBay get my teeth itchy. That is why its always preferrable selling direct to you fine people.

Nice! Where did you pick her up?

• Like Like x 11
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I actually haven't heard either of the 'Waves in English but I think they're pretty good in Japanese, it might just be the musicality of a high and low tone language but there's more nuance in the voices than the flattened delivery of the English cast to my ears.
    Or maybe I'm more of a Weeb than I ever even considered! :lol 
    Although
    I'm at the mid-point of Episode 5 and Optimus Prime, THE Optimus Prime, OPTIMUS "FREEDOM IS THE RIGHT OF ALL SENTIENT BEINGS" PRIME has just signed off on putting a bomb in Jetfire's Brain Module, and OH MY GOD, DeSantos, READ THE ROOM!
    That's EVIL EFFING SLAVEMASTER 101!?! I very nearly peaced out there and then but I'm seeing this through to the end, even though overall it is an improvment on the Machinima stuff it is still bad and as @Napalm said this is not a show that'll go down with the kids IMO and it's Not For Me either.

• Like Like x 5
  4. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched the first half of siege, here are my thoughts.

Episode 1
    Bee- very diff character
    Jetfire- voice more like megs not a scientist? Works well as seeker leader. Please keep chopping up starscream.
    Good voices generally
    Wheel jack parroting primes motto works well to show his admiration towards prime.
    Interesting megatron super chill but talks slow af until prime turns up
    Primes voice is different but I like it, less stoic but works for a younger angrier desperate prime.
    Textures of metal surfaces on megatron look nice. Well rendered, art is nice overall.
    Prime barely did anything to megs, Elita saves the day and kills a con with one headshot. Hope she's not a Mary sue.
    Elita leading bots to ark, seems to be leader/Co leader figure which is a cool take.
    Magnus also has an old man quiet slow voice like megs
    Red Alert as a medic, hope he had more to his character.
    Optimus and elita, flirt? Obv know eachother well. Guessing either in a relationship or flirtation between too there.
    Hound and Elita hard MFs willing to kill bee, love primes outburst. Angry Prime with balls keeping moral compass in desperate bots is a welcome dynamic .
    Megs politicising well, real propoganda shit spreader bending truth.
    Oooh is Magnus a traitor?????!!!!!!

Episode 2
    Wish they had gone with traitor Magnus.
    Mags surrender hand motion was very strangely animated.
    Like the history of Magnus and megs, interesting take.
    Elita taking over as military commander, not surprised after that headshot.
    That shockwave voice is painful, generic goon. Evil plan right up his street.
    Magnus spying, good to see him doing something useful.
    Jetfire disagreeing with shockwave, guessing the honour slant means he will be doing a dinobot style faction swap.
    Hound is definitely movie hound.
    Sideswipe/cog very 2d characters just outrage and disbelief at evreything.
    Soundwave voice is pure trash.
    Oooh prime has a crush... I think still good dynamic between the two. Keep eachother in check and support eachother. Love the sideye from elita.
    Megatron playing mind games with Magnus, nice.
    Not much transforming going on at all.
    Impactor being cutthroat fits his character but maybe he's a bit too evil.
    I like the cons being bloodthirsty, really paints them as merciless.
    Oooh some friction between prime/elita.
    Impactors hand, ah guess he will switch sides when left for dead.
    Bee has the energon, kind of like that twist, plays up his scout/spy function.

Episode 3
    Like megs using impactor death for political gain, very slimey.
    They like their damaged bots, crikey bots really are in a bad way. Either that or they like damaged bits as hall decorations.
    Like that megs care a little about honour but will quickly sacrifice for winning.
    Oooh con mirage, nice double agent but lasts 2 seconds, love mirage has holograms/ more than just invisibility.
    Like that ratchet and bee aren't full bots yet, guessing we will see ironhide introduced similarly.
    Ratchets lack of belief in autobot cause is nice, makes sense he would be despondent with sheer amount of casualties.
    And theeeres your mirage vs impactor wow box set worthy.
    Impactor using idw miner origin, hope they use more of that story. Does impactor have a thing for ratchet or what?
    Oooh ehobby black starscream
    Love megs using Magnuss honour against him. Magnus has been crappy as a character though, what a wet blanket.
    Ratchet has ironhides bumper.
    Wow how prejudiced is mirage jeez.
    Hmm jetfire faltering is a bit too quick, like the seeker dissent. Nice to see skywarp getting some development even if he is generic loyal guy.
    Ooh black starscream again.
    Megatron giving of nationalist vibes with all spark speech.
    Nice bastardaization of till all are one.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got them solely for Predaking as while the MMC individuals remain unrivalled, I need a bigger, more poseable combined form to throw down with Sky Lynx. On that basis, these look to be up for the job just fine.

They're very out there on their own though. Genuinely strange aesthetic that is so at odds with the Trilogy they came from and is really pure G1 toy to a fault. I like it.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got Exhaust and Wheeljack today. Both fine toys... But I kinda feel like WheelJack is the far superior one. Exhaust just kinda looks dull and the changes of some parts from white to black have ended up with random patches of black on the car mode. I dunno I dig it but I'm totally going to look into some repro labels asap.

• Like Like x 5
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea on BB with sock puppets! :D 

Very true with ebay, I'm not entirely suprised at what's occurred because smooth transactions are becoming ever rarer, just hope the Phoenix arrives back unmolested and I can relist it straight away.

I've still got until August 24th to raise the cash for the Sentinel and my other auctions are attracting some intrest so if they go I'll be crossing all digits and hoping they go a bit smoother.

My message at the bottom of future auctions might be "The only people I'll consider ending auctions early for are regulars of the UK thread at TFW2005 because they're generally nice folk that ask polite, correctly spelt questions and aren't time wasting gobshites" :D 

• Like Like x 11
  8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m on to episode 4 of Siege. I’m enjoying it for the most part

• Like Like x 7
  9. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I...watched...all...of...Siege. No...spoilers...but...here's...some...impressions.

Visually...it...looks...okay...if...a...little...dark...,...but...there...only...appears...to...be...a...small...number...of...Cybertronian...body...types...now. Some...of...the...main...characters...have...VERY...sassy...walks...,...and...strangely...flexible...metal...waists...and...torsos...which...looks...very...odd. Some...of...the...voice...work...is...very...unadventurous...and...everyone...speaks...very...slowly.

As...far...as...the...story...goes...,...I...categorically...NEVER...want...to...see...this...same...story...told...ever...again...,...and...Bumblebee...doesn't...make...for...a...very...convincing...edgy...loner...tough...guy...at...all.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Just finished the series and one again I'm gonna buck the trend as I loved it, I actually really enjoyed the voice acting, the story, the animation... everything really. Spoiler free but I actually think one of the strengths of Transformers and something I love about the setting is how different versions of the story can have very different tones and coexist that's not a bad thing. That said I fully respect that you won't all share my opinion and I a sorry for those who didn't enjoy it :( 
    Also the first time I've done a Netflix binge but then I only got Netflix a few days back :D  though I've already found several other shows I'm enjoying too!
    Though I well admit I spent some of the time speculating which generics might get done as redecoes.
    For me, I quite liked the
    Black and red seeker

• Like Like x 10
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, on OP and the guys with cockpit chests that stuck out for me too, like was that cheaper than having them turn at an actual waist cut or something?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ottertron

It was mostly on Optimus and Megatron that I found it particularly jarring.

I didn't hate it, and it certainly wasn't Bay bad, but we just need a new story. And generic bots that don't look exactly the same as the main bunch.

• Like Like x 3
  13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Did your space bar break?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I actually feel like a couple IQ rungs stupider for watching it, it's the same effect Nu Kurtzman Trek has on Mike from Red Letter Media.
    I'm sorry but...
    *Ultra Magnus secretly contains the wisdom and information library of Alpha Trion*
    *Proceeds to do the dumbest thing ever*
    I mean did he even consult the Alpha Trion Protocols on his course of action?
    If he did then the collective wisdom of the Autobots got him kilt ON PURPOSE?! :eek: 

*The Ark vanishes through a Spacebridge portal*
    Elita-1: "I guess they're all dead."

To be honest that last one might be the most G1 moment in the whole thing.
    G1 'Toon OP: "Welp, Jetfire's dead! Let's just leave him where he crashed, Autobots, ROLL OUT!"
    *Episode Ends*

*Other Episode*
    G1 'Toon OP: "We need a quick, cheap flight to South America. Hey, Wheeljack, Sideswipe, go dig up that jet guy in the Arctic!"
    I believe it's parody of the...Shatner-ness.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  15. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched all of siege here's what I thought while watching.

Episode 1
    Bee- very diff character
    Jetfire- voice more like megs not a scientist? Works well as seeker leader. Please keep chopping up starscream.
    Good voices generally
    Wheel jack parroting primes motto works well to show his feelings towards prime.
    Interesting megatron super chill but talks slow af until prime turns up
    Primes voice is different but I like it, less stoic but works for a younger angrier prime.
    Textures of metal surfaces on megatron look nice. Well rendered, art is nice overall.
    Prime barely did anything to megs, Elita saves the day and kills a con with one headshot. Hope she's not a Mary sue.
    Elita leading bots to ark, seems to be leader/Co leader figure which is a cool take.
    Magnus also has an old man quiet slow voice like megs
    Red Alert as a medic, hope he had more to his character.
    Optimus and elita, flirt? Obv know eachother well.
    Hound and Elita hard MFs, love primes outburst. Angry Prime with balls keeping moral compass in desperate bots is a welcome dynamic .
    Megs politicising well, real propoganda shit spreader bending truth.
    Oooh is Magnus a traitor?????!!!!!!

Episode 2
    Wish they had gone with traitor Magnus.
    Mags surrender hand motion was very strangely animated.
    Like the history of Magnus and megs, interesting take.
    Elita taking over as military commander, not surprised after that headshot.
    That shockwave voice is painful, generic goon. Evil plan right up his street.
    Magnus spying, good to see him doing something useful.
    Jetfire disagreeing with shockwave, guessing the honour slant means he will be doing a dinobot style faction swap.
    Hound is definitely movie hound.
    Sideswipe/cog very 2d just outrage and disbelief at evreything.
    Soundwave voice trash.
    Oooh prime has a crush... I think still good dynamic between the two. Keep eachother in check and support eachother.
    Megatron playing mind games with Magnus, nice.
    Not much transforming going on at all.
    Impactor being cutthroat fits his character but maybe he's a bit too evil.
    I like the cons being bloodthirsty, really paints them as merciless.
    Oooh some friction between prime/elita.
    Impactors hand, ah guess he will switch sides when left for dead.
    Bee has the energon, kind of like that twist, plays up his scout/spy function.

Episode 3
    Like megs using impactor death for political gain, very slimey.
    They like their damaged bots, crikey bots really are in a bad way. Either that or they like damaged bits as hall decorations.
    Like that megs care a little about honour but will quickly sacrifice for winning.
    Oooh con mirage, nice double agent but lasts 2 seconds, love mirage has holograms/ more than just invisibility.
    Like that ratchet and bee aren't full bots yet, guessing we will see ironhide introduced similarly.
    Ratchets lack of belief in autobot cause is nice, makes sense he would be despondent with sheer amount of casualties.
    And theeeres your mirage vs impactor wow box set worthy.
    Impactor using idw miner origin, hope they use more of that story.
    Oooh ehobby black starscream
    Love megs using Magnuss honour against him. Magnus has been crappy as a character though, what a wet blanket.
    Ratchet has ironhides bumper.
    Wow how prejudiced is mirage jeez.
    Hmm jetfire faltering is a bit too quick, like the seeker dissent. Nice to see skywarp getting some development even if he is generic loyal guy.
    Ooh black starscream again.
    Megatron giving of nationalist vibes with all spark speech.
    Nice bastardaization of till all are one.

Episode 4
    Oh shit Magnus straight up murdered. No great loss I'm afraid to say. Wish they'd used the inner bot as a fake out death.
    Hmmm wonder if there is more to that rung pack in.
    Weird force/ trion protocol going into bee has my interest peaked.
    Please don't say skywarp is dead already - _-. Weird they didn't show that. No wonder he's an exclusive then.
    Like the generic bot recolours.
    Oh ironhide is here, guessing he's a mate of ratchet or someone damaged repaying the favour.
    Weird ratchet was exclusive seems more integral to the story than ironhide.
    Nice emotion/ concern between prime and elita.
    Impactor and mirage a team now, yeah guess I kind of like the dynamic, needs a bit more but making more sense.
    Ah right the protocol is to use omega, wonder why bee is the chosen one. Prime got some serious angst.
    Sideswipe transformed yay actual transforming.
    Screamer promoted by convincingly lying to megs makes sense.
    Classic prime doubts but I like that he's questioning if his morals are worth the massive death toll.
    The protocol chose Bee? Weird it's some living code, guess trion programmed it to chose a certain kind of bot.
    Oh helloooo trion, very g1 toon/rebirth.
    Interesting duality of the protocol and matrix, kind of heightens bee which is nice and possibly stops him being leader.

Episode 5
    Looks like Magnus us going to be case zero of the rumoured zombies.
    Inevitable Jetfire swapping sides, kind of dinobot vibes but not as well done.
    Golden age of cybertron mentioned, cool.
    Prime going balls to the wall, elita continuing to question, kind of feeling she's worried about him on top of other concerns.
    Eye roll from elita she got attitude
    Oooh mirages time to shine.
    Chromia very bland character wise.
    Jetfire still has an evil af voice for a good guy but nice they tied him into the plot. Oooh some good immoral background prowl is involved in very idw, more please.
    Suprised prime agrees, more reluctance needed with that I think.
    Soundblaster as a new character, very fresh.
    Arcee super unexpected.
    Ironhide finally has lines, not southern at all gutted, barely anything like ironhide.
    Oh look its cliff with bees head, yawn as if they showed that clip at comicon.
    Nice moment with jetfire and prowl.
    Love the soundwave joke, brilliant
    Oh I like Soundblaster, proper strange but cool take and interesting faction symbol.
    Mirage pulling some heavy lifting there, what a g.
    Ironhide may be in the running with Magnus for biggest waste of a character.
    Soundblaster voice giving me Bane vibes cool that he's some wasteland 3rd world drug lord kind of set up.
    Zombie bots, hope they find a way to make them interesting.

Episode 6
    Killing off moonracer, nice gutsy move.
    I could understand the allspark killing the virus but evaporation seems a weird move.
    Bee collapse guessing he can't cope with the code, not sure that's adding anything to the plot or character though.
    Hmm but silly this ancient protocol is destroyed by some new virus, maybe would have been more beleivable if they'd played up shockwaves genius more.
    Jetfire screamer stand off would be more dramatic if he wasn't twice his height or if screamer had back up.
    Finally alt modes
    Nice slant on the allspark from megatron, great at twisting the truth. May be the best character of the series.
    Quick look at astro, more please.
    Find it odd soundwave has only been pictured with one backpack booster.
    Ark taking off? Strange that's happening in chapter 1, isn't there going to be more siege?
    Impactor death, nice sacrifice but no wreckers makes me sad.
    Bee saves the day, nice sneaky moves from him and plays up that prime has friends not followers like megs.
    Omega breaking the rules to help is a good way of getting him in.
    Elita staying makes a small amount of sense but they could have done more to build up to it for sure.
    Oh is season 2 going to be about elita and the left over bots?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ottertron

After...six...episodes...of...Siege...in...a...row...I...think...I...may...be...stuck...like...this.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Siegeflix (no spoilers)

It has so much potential but everything, good or bad, is affected by the dire animation*.

It even feels like individual lines of dialogue are only there because the animation frames were. Hence the elongated deliveries that come to affect Elita 1 especially.

There's no dynamism to the action because of it either. It's purely about lessening the CGI workload, so every robot literally looks the same as core characters (often standing static), and there's no sense of speed whatever the scenario.

Even the sound effects at times come across horribly because they've been chosen around the available CGI.

I think a lot of old skool TF fans won't get much from it, and some of it only seems coherent if you truly know recent lore! It's certainly hard to see why Little Johnny would sit through it, or even Johnny Mainstream.

There's roughly two attempts at humour in 6 episodes and they fail. The show's so tone deaf it can go from exaggerated eyebrow raising to limb removal at times!

Things pick up in episode 3, halfway through the entire series lol, but from start to finish the take-home is it all moves at a snail's pace.

Go in with the lowest expectations and you might salvage something. I watched it when I was supposed to be working as a distraction, so it might be even worse than I'm suggesting!

Best I can say is it's watchable but generally dull (plenty of 'I'll just check my phone' moments). It's not gonna please many, truly. Can't even say I'm dying for a sequel!

*From the waist to the torso on a given robot may be even worse than the OG cartoon.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Typical Machinima
    Introduce Cool Concept, then immediately squander it.
    It's been destroyed by Shockwave's Virus.
    So the repository of all Alpha Trion's knowledge is a program sophisticated enough to move through a network into a new host once it's current one has been killed but has shite all Anti-Virus or Adaptive Security measures?
    Cool cool cool cool.

See Also: Introducing Volcanicus in POTP, only to off him by offing Sludge after he's done nowt bar a piddling knockabout with Predaking.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Rockdown

Rockdown Persecutor in chief

Ebay:
    A German company called actionfiguren24 is where Arcee came from.

• Like Like x 4
  20. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    My two boys love my collection. They want to see the toys, want to see them transformed.

It makes me happy which in turn makes them happy as it is something we connect over. We talk a lot about toys, who our favourite one is and the "who would win in this battle" questions never get old.

Let's push Dan into selling his vintage toys on the cheap in a rage quit sale!

I still need quite a few vintage transformers

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 9