The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm a sucker for the obscure failures of the early '80's (see also Power Lords), but LJN really had a load of interesting and nigh forgotten toy lines, from Grelimins to Who Framed Roger Rabbit to Advanced Dungeons and Dragons to Bionic Six (late '80's for that one, admittedly). There's a good piece about the Dune figures here if anyone's interested.

"When the time is right, my son. When the time is right."

Me too, actually. I enjoyed Blade Runner 2049 (don't tell w'or lass. She bloody hates that film) and, having a read a few things he's said about his approach, I think Villeneuve will do a good job here (not least that he splitting it into two films.

Still, it's a shame that Jodorowsky's version never got made, if for no other reason than I've had liked a toy of a HR Giger designed castle shaped like a skull where the tongue comes out and launches a spaceship, or a figure of Salvador Dali with a burning giraffe accessory.

• Like Like x 9
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@MyTea Boc,
    Cheers, I'll recommend you for a top role in the health service because that makes much more sense than present advice :D 

I'll be OK, I think I just hit one of those points where a combination of things built up and it makes me like a raw nerve for a bit.

On a lighter note the ferrets are doing their part to keep me sane although Oreo was briefly in bad books this morning after a random lunge connected with my chest.

No blood drawn and he got away with it by going into cute mode straight after although I did shout at Rebecca who had latched onto my big toe at the same time!

As much as it stings/outright hurts when they have a nibble it's also never dull when they're about and they seem to appreciate a giant chew toy who also feeds them and gives them a nice place to snooze so it works out fairly well :D 

• Like Like x 11
  3. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Afternoon all, potentially selling my ER Ironworks and Gen Selects Greasepit, both including all paperwork and accessories, Greasepit still has box etc, if you're interested.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Just did a Smyths pre-order for an Allicon... I'll probably 'need' another one and I've just realised all my paid for, bulk pre-orders with SAF are gonna take forever since Hasbro couldn't organise the release of water from a tap.

How much are you looking?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Cheers! Yeah, one of my favs too. All of the Unicron ones stick very much in the memory.

Hmmmm.....I could be tempted by the SkyLynx....
    Sadly not this month though as i've being made a pauper by Marvel Legends. Need to pay for the Stong Guy wave and finally cracked under my own pressure and pre-ordered the massive Sentinel, mainly so I can do a Unicron/Sentinel fight when both arrive.

On the Skylynx thing, i'm pretty much poking fun at @tikgnat because @scubaboy31 won the Maruthi Fruits Calendar puzzle from a couple of years ago over me and a few others that got it right. Dan got a minty fresh SkyLynx as the prize and i've never forgiven him *shakes fist* ;) 
    I figure if I bother Kit enough, he'll crack and send me one for revealing his secret from the card game set!

Massive shame that never got made. Watched the documentary a few months back with my wife (who's a massive Dune fan) and it promised so much.
    Hoping that the new film is at least decent as *controversial opinion* the old one is a nonsensical mess.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The old one is a lot more enjoyable if you just watch a scene here or there on YouTube. We tried watching it all the way through a while back and it was a miserable slog. But give me the ‘fear is the little death’ scene on repeat and I’m in heaven.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    I strongly advise trying to find the Spicediver Dune Redux fanedit - it puts some deleted scenes back in, fixes a few technical errors and slightly reorders and breaks up some parts. It’s over three hours long but pretty much the superior version. Same guy did an Exorcist 3 fanedit that removes the entire tacked on ‘exorcism’ plot.

The only Dune Toys I ever saw at retail were the Sandworm - a bit of hoover tube painted grey with mandibles at one end - and a small sand vehicle. I absolutely would have bought them if I’d had the figures, or even SEEN them.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Thanks. Avenger works so well for an Autobot name. I'm thinking of giving her a gold crest to simulate the mohawk, having just realised there is a central head crest sticking up. Definitely post pics of your swapped seekers.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It is indeed but we did get Metabarons out of it (he sez having only read The Incal)!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

So picked up Skywarp and Thundercracker in-store at Forbidden Planet along with Transformers 84 Secrets and Lies #1.
    FP have limited stock of the two packs in stores including the clones.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Siege Fan

The markup in my local store compared to the website is insane, how much did they charge if you don't mind me asking?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Or perhaps Vindicator with a Supernova kind of deco
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

It was £59.99, which I was happy enough with.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Siege Fan

That's absolutely fair, but especially for FP! :eek: 

I'm watching TFTM and only 45 minutes in it beats the entirety of Siege hands down.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    So I’m definitely after the Quintesson Judges and Allicons that are coming as I want them for a TFTM display..... but what is the score with the box set that has a Kranix included too? Will this be available to us over here too?

• Like Like x 5
  16. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Hi Kev.

20200806_155320.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  17. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Just got shipping confirmation for Snake Eyes & Destro! :) 

Managed to get MFT Highbrow into alt mode without use of instructions or a video which is always a result. The arms took a bit of adjusting and readjusting to get everything properly aligned and tabbed in and the end result is nice enough given the scale.

I always like how Headmasters fit into the cockpit or driving seat of their respective vehicles and both the UT and MFT versions have pulled that off pretty well along with the SPDSTRINT panels although there's obviously no spring loaded action for those like the original G1 toys.

• Like Like x 5
  18. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    This pic is haunting me though all the corners of the internet.....

• Like Like x 7
  19. Siege Fan

ID said they were getting it I believe. Fuck knows what it'll cost though...

• Like Like x 2
  20. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Forever.

• Like Like x 7