The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still liking the look of snapdragon, I get the jaw complaints but I'm pretty sure I can angle it a way that I'll like it.

They definitely sacrificed the beast mode for the jets on the horrorcons which is a shame as I feel it should be the other way round but that being said they made horrorcons, we are well spoiled at this point. I kind of think if you want mp/3p quality then go with that you get what you pay for, personally I know I'll be happy with him.

Kind of wish they had pulled off the dragon wings the unique toy legend managed but let's face it that was too much to ask and even the KFC 3p didn't pull that off.
    received_597411594294522.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think this might be the first time I have taken a pic of Astrotrain in his robot mode. He's been hanging round the sidelines of toys I may or may not give a shit about and often finds himself put back into his box (much like Earthrise Prime, BUT THAT'S FOR ENTIRELY DIFFERENT REASONS). Indeed, his main purpose to me - and it ain't exactly a bad thing - has been forming a bridging part between various Earthrise setups utilising his caboose.

ASTROZOMBIES8.jpg

However, this mode became awesome to me yesterday. Something about how dense that armour is.. remember when Dreamwave explained away the bullshit size of his shuttle form, how it condensed down to create a well 'ard bastard? I do. FML. I'M SUCH A NERD.

Anyway, he's also a fucking great toy when all is said and done. Well engineered, solid as a rock, very pretty and fun to arse about with. If you haven't, you should.

• Like Like x 22
  3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Happy Birthday @doucoo - have a great day!!

• Like Like x 6
  4. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Damn, i was really hoping that was a leak I'd miss. If Hasbro make that I'd be all over it.

Rapidly coming to the conclusion that the only reason I've had a thing for Astrotrain these last few years is I had an obsession with trains when i was little

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

He's a really good figure though, just not sure he's worth £47. But it's all personal value at that point.

• Like Like x 2
  6. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me: *Clicks on the Flame Toys Windblade thread...*

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@doucoo,
    [​IMG]Birthday ferret by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

Hope it's a good one!

Found some new rumours for the next Dr Who sets at B&M and they include,

UNIT "Terror Of The Zygons" set (Gimme a 4th Doctor with Scottish hat because a prototype has been knocking around forever. Would also be a good set for another Harry. )

4th Doctor Companions set B ( Better attire for Sarah Jane and Romana I this time.)

Ace with Rocket Launcher & a Dalek

And in stuff I couldn't give 2 shits about,

History Of The Daleks "The Chase"
    History Of The Daleks "The Dalek Masterplan"
    5th Doctor with TARDIS
    Some 12th & 13th Doctor releases.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  8. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    No Micro Machines in my local Tesco yet, but Wales is often one of the last places to get stock despite the irony of the UK Hasbro distro centre being just down the road in Newport. C'est la vie.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Likewise.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

Happy birthday @doucoo , I've arranged a Netflix Transformers series to come out tomorrow in your honour.
    I'm loving the added kibble on the back and more roboty bits in general.

• Like Like x 6
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Annnd caught up!

Happy birthday to the following fine folks who frequent this fiesty forum: @CZ Hazard , @Napalm , @MissingSea , @Brum Bot , @doucoo and anyone else I missed! Many happy returns guys.

Dude, if you are still seeking, I have three of the standard purple boyos I'd be happy to part with at £45?

Highly erotic.

Everytime someone says bless you Brian.... Prince Vultan gets another feather in his wings.
    [​IMG]

Nice work on the Scorp fix. Yeah, I saw that Diam photo too, and instantly ordered 2 more slitherfangs from china.

Prime Wheeljack is just ze best. If Takara want me to get on the MP train? Make him the first Prime MP

That fucking sucks Mel, and sounds like some shady shite. Hope you find something better soon.

Glad you felt better dude, although United would give anyone a stomach ache. Fair play to Villa.

Fingers crossed for you buddy that you avoid the redundancies dude.

Good luck with the aution dude, the Terrorcons were the highlight of the POTP line for me.

:eek:  what a horrible mental image!

Dibs on the pelts. I'm planning on being the buffalo bill of racoon society.

Sorry to hear that Imp. Hopefully you'll find something quickly/ or you'll be back to the same school.

Sounds like a painful time dude, feel better soon! Hope you remembered to put the teeth under your pillow for the toothfairy.

Definitely a need for more silliness like this.

• Like Like x 17
  12. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

Yeah I made that mistake. What a hot mess.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

I just went through it now.... its so embarrassing

• Like Like x 4
  14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Reflecting on our early morning walk...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    HUZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!
    Ebay or another Chinese option? I am still looking into where to source dem singular snaks from.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Siege Fan

Sorry, just realised my post didn't read right! That pic is just a visual aid for a rumour!

17. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

Should I PM you as I’m certainly interested.

Loving the fact that you just went out for a walk and happened to bring a transformer along.

• Like Like x 5
  18. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Ebayezzlement I'm afraid. Not exactly cheap either, but I just got paid and was in a snake induced haze of 'gimmie-gimmie' now syndrome.

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS EARTHRISE WFC-E13 BATTLE MASTER SLITHERFANG ACTION FIGURE 5010993660124 | eBay

In fact it looks like the cheeky bastids have jacked the price up another £2 since I bought em!

Yup, just drop me a PM dude and we can work out the particulars. :) 

And aye, sometimes it's just a bit of craic to slip one of the smaller bots into your pocket and take a quick snap.

Mistake 1: Investigating giant pulsating eggs.
    IMG_20200728_150706.jpg

Mistake 2: cracking said egg open

IMG_20200729_123309.jpg

Mistake 3: Not reacting fast enough
    IMG_20200729_123057.jpg

Mistake 5: Not wearing your acid-resistant faceplate today]
    IMG_20200729_123403.jpg

Mistake 6: Not checking to see if a face hugger left anything in your spark chamber IMG_20200729_123206.jpg

Mistake 7: Leaving Bumblebee incharge of Xeno-cleanup.
    IMG_20200729_123518.jpg

Suffice to say, my Mega Construx slime egg Aliens arrived and I'm loving them.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 21
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

@MyTea Boc,
    Thanks Brian, hope everything's good with you atm?

United are so bleh at the moment I'm actually agreeing with Paul Merson who says they should go all out to sign Harry Kane because Martial's too inconsistent....which is possibly the most bang on comment of his I've heard in a long time. 5 years to get to more than 20 goals in a season once is not a top level striker. Kane gets more than that in a bad year.

I've been watching a few Brian Blessed videos on YouTube of late, highlights include one where he recalls getting told off by the director of Flash Gordon for making his own gun noises and another where he confirms the story of him punching a polar bear which he says was because the other people in the group wanted to shoot it. Apparently the polar bear stuck it's head through the opening of their tent and BB charged at it and punched it in the nose which caused it to run off!

If it was any other human being claiming this I'd call bullshit but I totally believe him! :D 

• Like Like x 12
  20. Siege Fan

My mate was sent two sets of these in error earlier this year (long story!), he's only looking £30 delivered for the two figures when one would cost you that before delivery.

I'm kicking myself because I already have both and these are the better painted 2020 versions. They're fully articulated, approximately 10 inches tall and rock solid. They'd be coming from me.

IMG_20200729_125111844~2.jpg

• Like Like x 5