The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Looking at mine, alot of the pins are sunk in. So my punch would probably not be suitable. If you can find a strong metal rod the same diameter of the pin with a flat end to get hit by a tiny hammer, that could also work. Or apply pressure to the flat end to push the pin out far enough to grab it with some pliers. Remember to go from the smooth end so the knobbly part comes out of the hole first.

• Like Like x 4
  2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Siege Fan,
    Those organisers look like just what I need for accessory storage and I can see myself getting quite a few, especially if I decide to have a big purge on all my packaging although that is presently dependent on the local rubbish tip allowing people back in normally again because the system they've had in place seems as random as a lot of the other restrictions that have come in since the world went mad.

@Brum Bot,
    Nice work so far with the restoration!

I'm going to download the deco from that ring and recreate it in Fire Pro Wrestling World, as like the Wrestlefest ones it's a nice bit of nostalgia.

I listened to the Drive Thru last night and thought it was funny that the state of modern wrestling is in such a state that Jim and Brian ended up fantasy booking a Marvel Vs DC wrestling show....Jim's favourite superhero is The Thing :D 

BTW I didn't hear from my friend yet so I 'll ask him again about the MP Megatron gun working with 6 inch figures and then get back to you.

Robots = Watched EmGo's Sky Lynx review again and the side by side with the MMC version was very favourable.

I don't regret selling the MMC one because of the circumstances which prompted the sale (Oreo's vet bill) but it was very well done, particularly the shuttle mode although it did have that MP "statue" feel where I didn't handle it too much so the ER version will be much better in terms of me actually wanting to mess with it and I'll get my first effect pieces so I can get in on the "BLOOOOSSSSHHHHH!" action :D 

• Like Like x 5
  3. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Admittedly I don't delve much into the various TF storylines,
    but did I miss the liaison between Grimlock and one of the TMNT gang (admittedly unsure of the gender reproduction issues here...),
    and the resulting sproggage product?

DSC_3127.JPG

Just askin' like.

I missed out on further Loyal Subjects stuff as fella wasn't at the boot this morning, just some of this lot and a hooj Playmobil set for Bad Cop (my boss).

Laters.

• Like Like x 6
  4. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    'Cracker came for a stroll, liked the Planet, decided he needs to get a puppy and stay a while. Want to talk about this script for Hamlet he's rewritten with an infinite number of monkeys. IMG_20200805_130748.jpg

I've tried hard with the ER Seekers, given them plenty of opportunities to impress me......and they still don't. As a Plane they are great, as a Statue they look great from (mostly) head on angles. As an Action figure they are crap.

The sheer lack of ambition displayed in "Well they wanted an upscale of the Classics Mold so that'll do," is dismaying.

For the budget they could have gotten serious about hiding the nosecone rather than settling for slinging it over the back, and the articulation.......isn't acceptable. That you can't get the thigh any higher than 70° is pitiful. The joints are there for full poseability, they are just hampered by the chunkiness of the torso design.

And that side view........Ugh. and that bloody annoying gap between the turbine tits and the shoulder inlets.......that's not right.

Everybody else may well love them, I think they SHOULD be held to the standards of the Siege mold. After all it's not like it's costing any less.

But cheer up Hasbro, I'm buying the Coneheads because I'm a fucking mug for completing a Line-up.

• Like Like x 14
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, just separating say head sculpts from hands is great, but when you do it for allegiances it's even handier :) 

FFS Smyths, sort your insane packaging out!

IMG_20200805_133843132.jpg
    IMG_20200805_133756033.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    Rung and Slitherfang on their way from I'D toys!

• Like Like x 7
  7. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

IMG_3146.JPG
    Terrible picture and unimaginative posing aside, I believe that's the season 1 Decepticons complete (not including any retroactively named ones). Very happy with everything here. Very few issues, even with the KOs. Scrapper has a loose arm which should be sorted by tightening a screw, Rumble's (blue) silver paint rubs off just by touching it. Insecticons too small but i can live with that for now.

Special mention to Reflector and Shockwave, who I had no intention of getting until they were both reduced at Smyths, and they turned out to be the most fun!

• Like Like x 19
  8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Same here!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Nice! Genocide Red queen!

Man, why didn't they do Facehugger eggs like that in the 90's? Reminds me of the time I sent Kenner a design sketch/letter for a egg that pops out a facehugger. Bless them, they replied, saying that they don't make designs sent in by the public.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lego Mario Time!
    15966357107133495865640786645754.jpg
    It's super fun. Even more fun than I expected (and there was a lot of expectations for this at the price point). It took less than an hour to build it including the demos in between. Th3 super mushroom was a nice bonus and I have to say these feel very authentic for the brand (both Lego and Nintendo). I absolutely reccomend this and cant wait to get some expansion sets.
    1596636053925635735622002918417.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  11. Siege Fan

I adore everything about Kenner, I even got a t-shirt made.

The best eggs are the ones NECA do, and they've started doing the surrounding bases for setting them in like the OG poster. I still have a NECA anniversary Big Chap to open with one in it... Got the vast majority of NECA's Alien stuff including black/red/brown Queens, Genocide 2 packs, Power Loader etc. Incredible stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    C'mooooon general stock at ID or Kapow!

• Like Like x 7
  13. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Picking up Scorponok in a bit, feeling giddy like I did with Omega. I think theres something about getting a massive figure that is much more exciting than a regular deluxe.

• Like Like x 11
  14. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Same! *high fives all around*

Now I just need the four I ordered from Amazon US to ship and I'll have a snek army!

• Like Like x 8
  15. Siege Fan

Hmmm, very noticeable that out of four Mafex Hush Batman reviews not one has shown the reviewer changing the hands on camera. It's an amazing figure but to have it break without any recourse at that price? Nope.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kohakuriko

Kohakuriko Well-Known Member

Got mine on pre-order from Kapow, I keep hopefully checking for a dispatch e-mail but nothing yet so I assume their stock hasn't arrived. :( 

• Like Like x 5
  17. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    It had to have been deliberate. The part fits so perfectly in there. It also sits flat, which works for vulture mode and gives you an extra 5mm peg hole to use. image.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm hoping that this isn't the case of Hasbro UK proving as effective as ever. Fings crossed their lot might be scheduled for the Friday delivery!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    I’m looking forward to getting it completed. It’s a nice project to be doing.

I saw your post on AEW and didn’t get chance to reply at the time. I admit it is a difficult watch at points but if you give it a chance, you can literally see it developing, and getting better week after week.

I can’t knock Jericho - in WWE he would either be burying up and coming talent, or being buried. In AEW he is giving some rub to his stablemates and giving some credibility to his opponents. His feud with Cassidy is decent stuff, almost old school in its booking, and it’s having the desired effect on Cassidy, he lost the first match but Jericho made him look so credible, but like Bret Hart with 123 Kid back in the day.

AEW is nowhere near the finished product - I ask any wrestle head to give it a bit of patience, it’s in its infancy in a strange time, but if it can last the long road, you may be pleasantly surprised.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Aaaaaaaahhh!!

• Like Like x 5