The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

About retail price so to me, yes.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Although I really don’t agree with the sentiment that one person isn’t allowed to write a story about people who aren’t their ethnicity or sexuality, that dragon prince stuff sounds quite worrying. Making false promises for weeks and weeks is pretty sociopathic, certainly the symptoms of a selfish, self-centred guy in a high position... so long as this isn’t a deliberate character assassination. It’s a concern with every twitter-based controversy, I suppose.

As you said, in Lisburn you can get three of the limbs for £13, all together it’s £39. Cheapest I’ve seen Hun-Gurr go for is £35, bumping it up to £74. And finally, Rippersnapper is £17 in some places, so that’s £91 in total. I’d say it’s worth it to just buy them all together, you’d only be saving 6 quid.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Customisers/ Modders amongst us can I kindly pick your brain?

Is there something I might have under the sink/in the house that I can use for removing stickers?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    And when all was said and done, there were three. F4764F70-56E6-445E-B756-8ED9A838D755.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @Gumblor Gimbles It's the palming his kids off on the nearest female employee that really sealed it for me, casual disrespect with a side of personal irresponsibility is often merely the thin edge of what often proves to be a wider wedge.
    Look, I'm not a parent but I like to think I have a realistic standpoint, I know nobody's patience is infinite and the point of fantasising murder of one's own offspring can be reached but, y'now, PAY for some childcare because hindering an employee's work whilst adding to their labour and stress by pressing them into a task that is not at all their job (it's yours, they're your kids) is a totally Dick Move. If it's a tacit agreement between colleagues of equal status, hey, no problem but forcing the duty on a lower status employee? Get. In. The. Bin.

Just watched Wotafa's review, and I am highly amused that the ostentatious knee guards mean that they have to have a secondary shin panel tabbing position to sit over the underpants panel in jet mode, leaving them somewhat less stable and potentially see-sawing when "landed".
    Strangely, this has also made me kind of want 'em, GAH!
    Mainly patience, I'm wary of using anything more than warm water, mild detergent, and elbow (well, mainly thumb and finger) grease, especially when it comes to painted surfaces.
    An artist's gum eraser can be a handy tool for particularly stubborn sticker backing residue but, still, in the words of Treguard, "CAUTION, TEAM!"

• Like Like x 7
  7. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Anything with citrus will do it, lemon, orange etc.

Found some more ER map pieces... Think they're Prime's (x2), Seekers, and maybe Sky Lynx's. Let me know by the end of tonight, trying to be organised!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    @Seeaich exactly. Again, if it’s true, then he’s just an irresponsible fool. He didn’t care about his kids OR his employees, and expected both to make do with whatever his self-centred mind decided. He’s certainly not fit for a managerial position, even if his work has been good so far. I know my parents would have never forked me over to someone else, and my grandmother would have had a stroke before she’d let anyone else take care of me. I’m worried for both his children and his staff.

• Like Like x 6
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I’ve been playing Ghost of Tsushima for the last week or so and bloody hell what a fantastic game. I was worried Sucker Punch would be a one hit wonder with Second Son (I never played Infamous or Infamous 2) but I genuinely believe GOT takes what made SS great and amplified it.

It has kind of got me on a bit of a Samurai and feudal Japan addiction at the moment, casually been looking things up in my downtime when I’m not on my console.

On that note, it’s kinda made me want a CHUG scale Bludgeon to go with my Siege and Earthrise stuff. I had the DNA Design Susanoo and Arashi but sold them both last year even though I thought they were fantastic, but they didn’t fit with anything else in my collection. Anyone know what scales well? If there even is an option. Even molds that would serve well as a base for a custom.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Gumblor Gimbles

News Credits:
    It depends on the surface. If it’s stickers on metal, you can throw pretty much anything at it and the stickers will be destroyed eventually. Plastic is a different story, you’re more likely to violate the Geneva convention than take stickers off plastic with those substances.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    086E2C15-29EC-470B-BB2D-20029E4ECF0F.jpeg
    “Aaaaaaargh! My head is peeling! My head! Is peeling!

• Like Like x 18
  12. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check out the second Revenge of the Fallen Bludgeon toy. Voyager class, G1esque colours.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I may be too late passing it on but I (hopefully barring any cock-ups, etc.) just snagged myself a quartet of snakbois from Amazon US, works out at about £8.40 each with the current COVID Shipping so over a quid more expensive per snak than the split price of a Slitherfang/Rung duo but not a bad price to pay for Solo snaks IMHO!

EDIT: Bad Maths, it's actually sub an extra £1 per snak if you factor in the postage, (very) roughly a £1 a pair, luvverly jubbley!

• Like Like x 9
  14. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I am doing one final post on this and leaving it.

Again this is pretty much one side of the argument with no clarification as to the circumstances, in terms of the childcare - if the other employee was happy with it, why it happened... yet people make judgement calls on it. How old were the kids, were they expected to do their job at the same time as looking after them (and if they weren’t then they were asked to look after kids and get paid for it, which they might of been happy to do). We just don’t know. Take the Jonny Depp vs the sun case in the news at the minute. So many versions and details on that compared to the original headlines calling him a wife beater - that relationship was messed up to the core no matter what angle you look at it... but if you only saw the suns headlines you would take a completely different angle.

So much critical analysis based on one side of evidence, which is limited at best. As with anything in the news these days it is always important to get all the facts before passing judgement because there is pretty much bias in all forms of media now.

• Like Like x 8
  15. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I did own it for about 5 years. I even got the upgrade kits but mine had sticky treads, it’s a common QC with the mold. They just fell apart after a while and I’m not sure what I did with him.

• Like Like x 4
  16. VehiconVindication

VehiconVindication Well-Known Member

Ooh, any chance of a link, or has that ship sailed?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    It’s plastic - an old WWF ring that @IrnBro kindly sent me so I can refurb for a display.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Looks like the ship has sailed on that batch but they appear to be open for 1-2 day Preorders if you just bung 'Tra Gen Wfc E Battle Master Slitherfang' in your Amazon US search bar.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair enough, I did read about the issues with the plastic and rubber reacting.

I reckon MMC could remould/rework Kultur into a decent Bludgeon. Or maaaaybe we'll get one in Kingdom :) 

• Like Like x 5
  20. VehiconVindication

VehiconVindication Well-Known Member

Thanks! Sadly, Amazon's decided that it can't be delivered to my location, so I'll settle for the one I've got preordered with Rung, from ID, whenever that materialises...

• Like Like x 3