The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Ferret HQ as of a few minutes ago,
    [​IMG]ZZZZZZ!!!!! by Brendan Mitchell, on Flickr

So much for unleashing them in hot pursuit of ebay time wasters, nothing gets in the way of snooze time :D 

• Like Like x 9
  2. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That sums up much of my feeling. Between this and the movies, I think this insistence on trying to make it for adults robs it of much of the joy, fun and life that the franchise is built on.

I don’t follow TF’s because I want the franchise to be grown up - I buy them because I want to remember how much I loved it as a kid.

Also, the dialogue is dreadful as is the voiceover work. Everyone talks so slowly!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    So all those people paid a grand or whatever for a numbered sticker and fuck all else?

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

I wonder if we'll get a reissue of Soundblaster in the Netflix Siege line with a new insignia? Also, the Magnus box contained NO spoilers whatsoever and the Battlemasters, Rung and Scrapface weren't even in the bloody thing at all!!!

• Like Like x 9
  4. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    Not seeing a port on the Plutonium chamber where Mr Fusion should go though...hopefully it’s just the angle. That’d be a massive fuck up making that accessory exclusive to the 1985 limited version. Hope that they’ll paint it black instead of leaving the chamber that grey plastic.

5. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    The facesculpts on these figures really are spectacular. They're not photorealistic, obviously, and there's a little softness to the features, but it's immediately obvious who they're supposed to be. Sigourney Weaver especially stands out to me.

20200730_191629.jpg
    20200730_191625.jpg
    20200730_191633.jpg
    20200730_191638.jpg
    20200730_191616.jpg

It especially stands out for me, because the previous movie Ghostbuster figures we got from Mattel had what is quite possibly the absolute worst action figure likeness I have ever encountered.

20200730_191841.jpg

These Hasbro figures are just superior in every possible way.

20200730_191912.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That part is detachable so it can also go on his blaster, fings crossed they are both still in there!

EDIT: Sorry, you wrote the port itself, not the Mr. Fusion but IIRC he's got a spring-loaded port that conceals itself when Mr.fusion's off?

EDIT II: No, I think I've gone wrong there, I believe the Mr. Fusion has a female port not a peg to connect.
    Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 19.45.07.png

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  7. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I hope it’s something like that, unless it attaches different, because you can see the split goes through the plutonium chamber, even though the port oddly stays circular to form the robot legs so I wonder if the peg isn’t that big for it? I could see the reasoning behind that being a potential stress point for the plastic.

I just want that part painted black at least, I can do the yellow cap myself.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Went in to Siege ready to be disappointed but was pleasantly surprised for the most part.

some voice choices were weak
    Soundwave needed the rasp not deep monotone behind the vocoder but Shockwave was abysmal sounding not too different from a generic seeker.

Is it me or did Soundblaster sound like Mr Blobby?

• Like Like x 11
  9. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got this Diorama into good use

DSC_1146.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  10. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Slightly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to say I haven't had much interest in the Netflix show since the reveal. I just don't like how dark it looks. Dark (along with violent, sexy and other things) isn't the same as mature. Even if it is mature in it's darkness, it's not really what I'm after from Transformers. Fans have wanted a dark and serious show for as long as I can remember, because as they say, "it's supposed to be a war". It's also a war between rockem sockem robots with funny voices, but I guess I'll agree to disagree on that one. Past TF series all managed to be mature and indeed got very dark without losing the fun of it. It might sound like I'm underselling the franchise here, but really its because I love Transformers so much that I'm not at all insecure about how inherently silly it is, and how that's part of what makes it fun.

The voice acting is a killer too. I'd say without a hint of doubt that at least half of the appeal of Transformers characters is their deeply silly voices. Who doesn't love the David Warner in Shockwave's voice? Soundwave, Starscream, even Optimus Prime, they're all brought to life so much by their distinct, memorable and very funny voices. Maybe that approach isn't serious enough for this show, but whenever Ironhide doesn't talk in a proud Texan drawl it gets flagged up as feeling wrong by literally everyone, so is it even worth it?

I hate to be negative, especially in this safe haven of a thread, but man, I love Transformers and the only time I could ever be negative about it is if it doesn't feel like it's being true to itself.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Quoted for truth, now more than ever what we need is Space Dad Jokes!

• Like Like x 8
  12. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Netflix Siege: The only thing that bothers me about it is the weird belly stretching. Should have just used waist swivels. But that's it.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

More random Siegeflix musings...

Voices - For once Bumblebee isn't strictly for kids. Soundwave is only ok at best, Shockwave sounds like a psycho with a screwdriver, not a fucking genius. Prime is all over the place, and the Autobots generally don't do well here.

Core characters don't have any of the traits they're known for in a lot of cases. All the hard nuts doubt themselves on the Bot side!

The QC is so terrible dialogue sometimes stops mid sentence, and there's a fucking hilarious bit where Mirage slides/jumps sideways for no reason.

A certain aerial Con seems to make a remarkable recovery later on... Mind you, hard to fucking know when they're challenging Hasbro for mold re-use!

How did nobody hear or feel 'the big guy' moving about?

There's attempts at character motivation that for one more scene/line of dialogue would have actually worked.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Clone Wars doesn’t really pick up until Cad Bane and Hondo are brought in. The show even manages to make Jar Jar likeable.
    I also recommend giving Resistance a go, it gets off to a slow start, but really picks up half way through the first series.
    Love the Deluxes, got the vintage style cars, but would love to have some of the more modern (for the time) cars. Another Tesco searched, and still no new Micromachines:( 

With all the Brian Blessed love in the thread recently, and all the birthdays, I’ll leave this here....

• Like Like x 7
  15. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    End of episode 5: I'm out. Fuck zombies.

• Like Like x 6
  16. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :eek: 

Must be a typo on that price. Someone put a 1 in by accident.

DED3EC2E-EC1B-4E06-9C94-D2F3D85992A1.png

• Like Like x 7
  17. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I've only watched the first episode of Siege, and it's okay. Not great, but okay. It's interesting that people keep saying 'tone deaf' and to be honest, I can see some worrying signs of this already. Most notably at Megatron's rally there's a flag that looks distinctively like this Nazi one. Like... yikes. Not perhaps the connotation you want to make in a show that's advertising children's toys.

More of a concern, to me at least, is that it yet again puts the baddies as an evil empire and the goodies as a plucky resistance. I'm so tired of American media peddling this trope.

Me too, but every reveal we get pushes the chances of Thunders back even further. I can't imagine he'd be in Kingdom, what with two Megatrons and a Galvatron already on the poster, so Earthrise is probably his last chance. If he's not there, he's not on Warden's list.

Nah, you're fine. I'm happy to admire from afar.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I know, right? And the generics are never gonna transform when the core cast barely do themselves, so would a limb and head swap here and there really have bust the budget?
    The frequency of transformation, or rather lack thereof, and the use of it really ground my transformation Cog. Robots that turn into cars attempting an escape at a jog on foot. The Seekers having just transformed and jetted after Elita-1 promptly transforming and dropping back to ground level so that the bridge bombing will actually work. Elita & Bee never transforming because they don't have actual modelled car modes. *Sigh* Ow, my cog!
    Well, the thing for me is...
    They try to do *BOTH* "Plucky Autobot Resistance" and strong inferences IDW-ish "the Autobots used to be the real twats" as well as Megs, OP, & Mags being brothers, or at least brothers-in-arms in an initial Revolution.
    Which begs the same question IDW never quite managed a good answer for which is, if Autobots were the oppressors why the flying f*** would Mr. Freedom-is-Rights himself align under that banner?
    As Billy Joel said of Mariah Carey's singing "Eight octaves? Just pick a note and sit on it!"

• Like Like x 8
  19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Underlord,
    From that clip I went to one of my favourite BB moments where he did snooker commentary on an episode of Room 101!

If they got him to do it officially the viewing figures for snooker would surpass the glory years of the 80's :D 

• Like Like x 6
  20. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

More musings on Siegeflix
    Its nice that Soundblaster had Buzzsaw as a companion like Soundwave having Laserbeak. At least I assume it was Buzzsaw, could just be some random minibot.
    Not a single battlemaster or micromaster in the whole show despite them being sopso in the toyline.
    Cog had more screen time and voice lines than Ironhide.
    Astrotrain appears briefly and does absolutely nothing.
    Hotlink could have been on screen but who cares, he'd just be another random seeker.
    Scrapface appears to just be a random name assigned to a repaint that is simply another face on the crowd.
    Overall I liked the show but it was easily forgettable and I think I actually prefer Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 4