The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. returner

returner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It sounds like you were ready to dislike it before you even started watching.

• Like Like x 2
  2. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    And in the meantime I'm not watching, at least not until I'm drunk/drugged/sexed-out enough to cope with what seems to be a crushing disappointment in the making.*

* I was actually saving it for some Saturday morning escapism but that seems like it's the last thing it'll be.........wrists pre-slit it is. IMG_20200730_122802.jpg

As predicted Squid bloke joins Facehugger head today as a separate delivery. I'm expecting the other two from this wave to also turn up in separate taxis too. Good for social distancing, less good for Da Environment.

Just looking at the names of them really should be all you need to know why having Uncle George back making shit up for Star Wars isn't going to be the guarantee of quality it once was........

• Like Like x 11
  3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Have to agree with you there, both of those names sounds like sex acts.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

From Base.com, £25 delivered, looking forward to it!

IMG_20200730_124024056.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had misgivings from the first trailer, absolutely. That doesn't mean I wasn't prepared to give it a shot. But for me it lacked the fizz and sparkle I like from Transformers characters and shows, there was no light to the dark and personally it was a slog to get through. It's all subjective though and you may well come away with a very different take to me.

It's a looker though, I'll give it that.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I think you'll find that I was predisposed to not like it, having subjected myself to the full horrors Machinima Trilogy, and @Napalm has given Netflix Siege a fair crack of the whip and decided it is Not For Him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  7. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

MASTERFOOOORRRRCCCCEEEEE!!!!!!

Got all the humans finished and now have a full decepticon lineup from masterforce. Although the headmaster Jr still need their transtectors.
    IMG_20200730_124055.jpg IMG_20200730_124103.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  8. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Nice!

So yeah, I'm going to need the entire 90's Kenner Aliens range at this scale please. Where is my Crab and Mantis Aliens at?
    IMG_20200730_123144.jpg
    This really is all @Imperator's fault.
    I've been lucky enough to get a grey and black alien from the slime eggs. Not that I don't love the multicoloured versions.

The 4-way Crossover you didn't ask for: Transformers vs. Star Wars vs. Halo vs. Alien
    IMG_20200730_124817.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  9. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I had that chip shop along with a construction themed set and 1 other which I can't remember.

Favourite Micro Machine I ever had was a black Lamborghini Countach where the doors actually opened to reveal a microscopic interior. Which still works better for me than opening doors on a Transformer with no interior :D 

Last night I was checking my ebay auctions and I had a request from someone with suspiciously low feedback requesting more pics in addition to the 6 I'd already done for my Hot Toys Gamora.

I didn't bother straight away as I was going to bed. So I looked again this morning to find another message saying "WELL, U GOING 2 OR NO?" :rolleyes: 

Call me cynical but this is textbook behaviour of a potential arsehole and as I have about 18 other people watching the figure I'm pretty confident someone else will bid so I didn't reply.

• Like Like x 17
  10. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Sounds like a lovely chap. Remember to keep your response polite Brendy. There is a nice way to tell someone to eat a flaming bag of dog shite.

• Like Like x 13
  11. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So...
    That is a common issue of that mold, I have been through about 5 of them, lovely figure although the shoulder joint annoys me..total of ickle arms to date...2.

Ace....Sigourney/Gozer....

Someone is making half-decent toys out of all my teenage female...interests....

"Jeeves, to the shops my good fellow, and don't spare the equines"!

Laters

Oh, sorry, boot update from yesterday, wheel-less one-step Drift (why do kids do that), big simple Sideswipe (lovely alt mode but he is to go), 4 Loyal Subjects (Ramjet and Swipe so far), are there really only 7 characters per wave, I am still tempted by a whole box though....?
    ..Star Wars figure, the robot helper from the Power Rangers movie (for Zord scenery), and some cheap boxed Lego (I find it hard to resist a red trooper, what can I say, and I bought the Ninjago arcade set this morning too).

Laters again.

• Like Like x 6
  12. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Gozer, huh? Well, she is a nimble little minx, I guess... :D 

• Like Like x 4
  13. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Don’t engage and just block them. Problem, and any other potential problems then eliminated.

I sold a random spare G1 Thundercracker fist a few weeks back - now after a bad experience many years back I will only send anything I sell tracked, but this person said ‘Can you just charge me £1 untracked postage, I refuse to pay 100% uplift for postage on this’

I politely refused and outlined I don’t send anything untracked, and someone bought it fair and square a couple of days later, with tracked postage.

I learnt some harsh eBay lessons when I first started back with this hobby back in 2012/13, and am still grateful to this day to the wonderful @Genetic (Hi Morg, I hope you are good) in terms of eBay etiquette and blocking.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have always liked powerful women, although with Ace the baseball bat is very much optional.

I enjoyed Tree Fu Tom and Melvin and Maureen's Music-a-grams on a very different level.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Insurgent

People like that aren't worth the time. Clearly impatient and all "ME ME ME!" mentality. He doesn't know what's going on in your life and you're not exactly going to be checking messages through the night. Just leave him be.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ooooh, my alleged 'Wei Jiang Predaking' has been to the airport several times now. Maybe he just doesn't fancy it. Maybe he's the B.A. Baracus of the Decepticon militia.

Hold..! Let's check again. Another one of these delicious tracking numbers (I have three, remember that last development? When I asked what was going on and suddenly I was under siege with tracking info?) is at my local delivery office and ready for dispatch today.

This is getting exciting. My life really is a fucking rollercoaster these days. Tenner bet it's Covid-20 and my gaff becomes Ground Zero for the Apocalypse.

• Like Like x 12
  17. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

2 episodes down of Siege. Fairly enjoyable to be fair, although voice acting a little stiff as many say, and wouldn't mind a tad more levity.

Only thing that's really bothering me, for a show called Transformers, not a lot of transforming going on. Like even when they need to get away quickly. And are Bee and WJ just gonna refuse to transform all series because they dont have cybertronian modes??

• Like Like x 14
  18. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Everyone knows I'm a slut for likes, so I'll lap this up.
    It's been a few years since I did a 'Batman: Animated Series' deep dive. While it has it's clunkers here and there, it really is a wonderful series. It's great to see the way the character relationships evolve across the years. It's so interesting to see Bruce Wayne be a much more relaxed character (his friendship with Harvey Dent I found very refreshing) that becomes more cynical over time. And I really love what they did with Batman Beyond. Wonderful stuff.

And I swear, Micromachines must be why I love attaching up all my TF base modes. There's something incredibly satisfying about building your own little toy city and Micromachines is the first time I can recall doing that.

I would LOVE to see some photos of your Hong Kong City dioramas.

When I was a kid I think I had the Quarry, the Marina, and the 'Suburban House'. I think I also got the toolbox playset for chrimbo or a birthday. I remember Micromachines being a cheap buy from the local newsagent but were such good play value.

The Deluxes! They were fucking awesome. I think I had the same set as you. The Ferrari was pretty sleek too.

To be fair, the trailers provided us with a very indictive taste of what this series had to offer. I think, to put it diplomatically, it met the expectations that many of us had.

• Like Like x 14
  19. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Scared of posts in Bold

Thanks.

No email yet. Thought I was on the ball for pre orders as after the prices of the box sets became a bit much I'd been keeping an eye out. Sacrilegious to some but The Rebirth vhs was my bible growing up and has a spot in my heart forever. I snapped them up as soon as I saw them advertised.

I'll keep waiting and be patient I suppose.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Insurgent

The trailer for the Netflix series that plays when you log in has Megatron saying This War four times. In the trailer. Lol.

I loved Micro Machines. Had Super Van City, Super Truck City, Toolbox City (though mine was different to that one you linked, had a tall skyscraper and the bridge was more like the Gateshead Bridge than the golden gate bridge), a little hotel, a firestation that opened up into a burning skyscraper, a car factory that opened up into a test track, a workman head that opened into a construction yard and an astronaut head that opened into a NASA rocket launch pad and the moon, with a Saturn V rocket and lunar landing module. Also had a few star wars and military sets. Micro machines was probably the biggest collection I had as a kid, and they always got used for all the different games too, like Thunderbirds and Power Rangers. Micro Machines were totally my jam!

• Like Like x 9