The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

@Avon Congrats mate, hope it all pans out whichever way that is :) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Black cats tend to be the hardest to rehome so I tend to grab them when I can. This little one has been just a godsend through losing mother-in-law and wife having Covid. If I had the land for it, I would give a home to as many as I could. My brother peaked at about 18 at one point, only two of them are allowed in the house and the others just tend to live outside on his massive nursery and in the surrounding barns. Good life for cats.

• Like Like x 12
  3. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

[​IMG]

Looks ace, doesn't it? And it has a phone app so you can press the keys for notes to come out. All pretty impressive, right? RIGHT?

How much do you think it costs?

£320.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFUCKOFF.

There's a black cat that will patrol through my garden at least once an evening, and has already been through three times tonight. I'm trying make friends with it so it might stop shitting on my lawn, but the damn thing just assumes I'm trying to chase it off every time it sees me.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    News arrivals.

20200723_174145.jpg

This is fun but a bit of an arse to get to.

[​IMG]

Definitely the focus of the vehicle modes

[​IMG]

Love the chonk.

[​IMG]

Clones are nice. No Double dealer but nice to have the set.

20200723_192700.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  5. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

Thinking of getting the clones as lackeys for Doubledealer. They’re still “webwarming” as far as I can see.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    I’m considering them at the moment, can’t go wrong with the figures themselves but two legends class figures for £26 is a bit steep.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Kohakuriko

Kohakuriko Well-Known Member

Have had a good play around with yesterday's robot arrivals (so please excuse the photo barrage)
    skyride.jpg
    Sky Lynx and Cliffjumper are the best of the bunch for me, though Sky Lynx's spindly-legged shuttle-only bird mode suffers from some really loose joints that I'll have to try and sort with floor polish.

eng.jpg
    I'm not blown away with Wheeljack and Hoist but I am glad to have great versions of the characters. I wasn't expecting much from Ironworks but...

base.jpg
    ... it turns out that base modes have really grown on me! Have played around with a few other configurations so I'm starting to see why some of you have been buying extras of both him and Greasepit.

Reading back over the past few pages and seeing talk of beefy Star Wars figures and Micro Machines reminded me that I still have some in storage!
    sw.jpg
    Had a Star Wars phase in the 90s after getting hooked on PC games like TIE Fighter, X-Wing and Dark Forces though my interest in the franchise has largely fallen off. I had a little resurgence with some Lego Star Wars bought over the past decade but I'm dialling back on that too due to lack of space, however I do still buy the occasional Black Series figure (Ahsoka Tano is on pre-order).

• Like Like x 14
  8. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Right out the box his right arm won’t hold fuck all up, which is, frankly not good enough for a forty pound plus toy but thankfully his left is capable...

Haven’t got to vulture mode yet but in terms of fun, so far, so good...

E1162613-4310-4EED-829D-AD1D9FA9F221.jpeg F212FB77-B019-476D-96B9-92B9EB06C534.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  9. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

Normally I wouldn’t but considering that they were hard to get hold of when they came out in Titans Return as they were exclusives, I don’t mind grabbing them now especially if wave 2 is mostly being delayed.

• Like Like x 5
  10. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

iirc, there were a couple of official sticker sets from hasbro for the first 2 waves of CW - fairly sure i got them from Kapow -

• Like Like x 2
  11. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Do it! My clones arrived today, along with the seekers. Yes, they are a little pricey for two Legends, and it's a shame they couldn't have thrown in a couple of weapons for the price, but the Prime Wars Legends class figures are all good fun and these two are no exception.

20200723_193226.jpg

Really looking forward to the coneheads now, just hope Thrust isn't another Siege Ratchet or Skywarp type exclusive.
    Not convinced with 'warp's shouty head, and both he and 'cracker could have done with a couple more paint apps, but overall very pleased with these guys

20200723_193437.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  12. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Fucking hell, I want that Furai clear IDW Prime, but it certainly looks like they don't do international orders...

NECA, after having the typical shit the bed website experience, then got zealous on the 'bots' ie desperate, paying customers. Stupid fucking companies... You still can't get on a bunch of sites even now.

I'll do a Double Dealer review later, at least the launcher mode looks the part, but honestly, if you can wait for clearance do it is my advice!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

Has anyone played this? Looks like a retro style arcade shooter on android phones. Never heard of it before
    Screenshot_20200723-203041.png

• Like Like x 7
  14. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I've loved the studio series line but I agree that the deluxes can be fiddly as saville. Siege has spoilt me on the posability front too, and in the studio series line waist, wrist and ankle articulation are an exception, not a rule and it can be pretty tough to get a dynamic pose out of many of them. I guess that's the price of screen accuracy being a priority.

Jet shatter and car dropkick are some of my favorites though, along with starscream, bb op and bonecrusher.

• Like Like x 8
  15. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More than twelvety?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I play it regularly and it’s quite a bit of fun whenever you don’t have anything to do.

• Like Like x 3
  17. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    IMG_20200723_203945.jpg IMG_20200723_203929.jpg

New Kaon will be built here.

And as Star Wars MicroMachines are a topic du jour.......it would be spooky if I had to rescue the above from a box that finally gave up the struggle and began to crumple after about 22 years in the shed. Wouldn't it?

• Like Like x 15
  18. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

Looks like it's Seeker Thursday. T'cracker and Skywarp landed (pun not intended) today along with the clones. 20200723_200332.jpg
    I wouldn't mind a better Frenzy, Rumble and Buzzsaw. I do have the Frenzy boxset on preorder, but it's been delayed, so not holding out hope on that. I wouldn't mind if they'd re-release the Generations ones, that only got both figure released under Takara if I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 12
  19. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Hey folks, can anyone identify where this part might have come from? I was sitting at my desk and noticed it on my seat, between my legs.

E2A47E8B-7324-4336-AC3F-0C02B5BD777D.jpeg

pretty sure I didn’t excrete it.

I was handling ER hoist and Scorponok earlier so thinking it has come from one of them but where??

• Like Like x 7
  20. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

• Like Like x 2