The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I wonder if with all the Hasbro arrivals recently at Kapow and ID, if we are likely to see some form of summer sale in the near future of older items taking up room...

• Like Like x 6
  2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    *sigh* Have had to send a “where’s my stuff” email to ID, still no dispatch on the seekers. I’d hoped it would’ve been snuck inside a separate delivery that arrived today but no such luck :( 

Edit: Success! Seekers are en route!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    G1 Classic Wheeljack Back WAS501-1.5NNC4100S61.5NN 1200.jpg
    G1 Classic Wheeljack WAS501-1.5NNC6100S61.5NN 1200.jpg

G1 Classic Wheeljack

• Like Like x 16
  4. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting developments in that Wei Jiang Drama Thread over in the 3P section. Black Apple (he of M01 Commander and Hide Shadow design fame amongst others) has been nicked, big money is being called out, and numerous pieces have been brought in for direct comparison to their official counterparts. Think they're pretty much fucked here. Fly too close to the sun and all that jazz..

• Like Like x 11
  5. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Me with OSKO Evasion Op on my shelf

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got the head for Landcross thanks to @nemisispringer just need a couple of guns both feet and left fist now. If only there were repros available
    F88D12C5-E502-4083-8C89-AD7B30B04AE0.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    And just look how happy he is!

Wait!

SIDESHOW CROTCH!?!
    [​IMG]
    Oh, my!
    Also me with a group of quite a bit taller Dinobots that can stand up whilst combined.

• Like Like x 6
  8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Haha, agreed.
    They were thinking the best selling toys of 1995 were Turtles, Wrestlers and Superheroes. The toy market tends to look around itself for inspiration.

I'm not sure they expected the Star Wars range to become hit it was with no new media to back it up so they probably did this to hedge their bets. Bit mental really.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I only had a couple of SW TF's. Lovely vehicle modes, awful bot modes (for the most part), but that clone Gunship looks lovely. Makes me yearn for Action fleet (my big collecting 'thing' in the mid 90's after Kenner Jurassic Park and Aliens).

In fact, I'm not sure why Hasbro didn't bring Action fleet back with the Disney SW revival? They did regular micro machines, after all.

Plus, with the 6" Black series arguably taking over the 3 3/4 stuff as the main figure line, SW vehicles have taken a bit of a back seat (and they're not even that common in the 3 3/4 lines either). Action fleet would be the perfect line for folks who love SW vehicles but don't have tonnes of space (and money).

• Like Like x 6
  10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Recommendations noted!

I've spent many a cold evening in that dark pit.

Sounds like you've a hard decision ahead of you about the job and the move buddy. Congratulations on the new job offer regardless.

Fair point. Although, plenty of the Bayverse figures replicate real world cars and what not and manage to avoid the shonk.

By the way dude, you already mind-warped me into getting Mega Contrux Skeletor, stop working your voodoo on getting a Claptrap. (Don't stop, love the pics)

Fixed that Snake Eyes quote for you ;) 
    Aye some of those heads on the Star Wars Bots wouldn't look out of place on Toxic Avenger figures.

Quite a comprehensive list! Cheers Buddy, definitely a few old favourites on there. There used to be a video rental place in our town that had a fantastic range of martial arts videos and dvds (not to mention a gloriously slocky horror section), and many a happy hour was spent browsing their shelves for something to watch.

Ooooh drama!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  11. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I'm a massive Borderlands fan so I knew I had to get ol' Clappy when I saw it existed. Had to come all the way from Canada, mind. I wish one of our esteemed e-tailers would get into the Mega Construx game. I really wish I could get my mitts on a Xenomorph to menace the Bots.
    Very true. I suppose the more lax attitude towards human proportions helps them along there.
    IMG_20200723_104631.jpg
    NAME: Skywarp
    ALLEGIANCE: US Government
    FUNCTION: Counter-terrorism agent

"Send help"

• Like Like x 11
  12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Hallelujah, I love her so!

I'm sorry this isn't a cleaner win, but congratulations on the offer regardless. Glasgow is a great city, in this humble Glaswegian's opinion, but I can appreciate the uneasiness being that far away from family can cause. Good luck!

I am bored shitless. I'm not shy of work to do, or anything (not that boredom and business are as mutually exclusive as some would like you to think) but everything is just such a dirge right. Post seaside malaise!

Anyway, hopefully the arrival of Doubledealer will perk me up and if not...

Check out this cheeky chops. Never in all my days did I seriously think we'd get this pair.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  13. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Including coneheads? If they get the coneheadds, I'll cancel my Amazon order and get it from those guys.

The one on the right, buff Chad Luke, looks like the one I had in 97 for the special edition release. It wasn't power of the force or any fancy line like that (unless they reissued it somewhere) that I remember. I think most characters were buff like that, I didn't have many. Just that Luke, Obi Wan, Vader, Luke as a stormtrooper (needed a stormtrooper), Han in carbonite, jawas and C3PO.

EDIT: Just had a quick google search. Turns out it was called Power of the force. Well there you go. Guess little me didn't care about names on packaging, he just wanted cool figures. Hmmm.... may get the Vader and Obi Wan down on display next time I go up the attic.

• Like Like x 6
  14. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

I’ve yet to see something that those diaclone dudes don’t scale decently with yet. They’re fantastic.

15. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    It’s a shame, but you’re right Mr Napalm - mess with the bull, and eventually you get the horns.

I hope there is a way for them to return as their products are fantastic, but if WJ is done then thank you for the great KO/OSKO’s.

EEB2934A-B08C-4067-BD6C-93E4999EA09F.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  16. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I think I know which crossover I want next for transformers...

Micromachines.

I would be strangely happy with some nice G1 vehicle mode only cars etc to go with the newer bases. 4 in a pack, can be fairly cheap - would be wonderful. They would also be damn cheap to produce too compared with TF's.

Now they have most of the Micromasters out of the way, why not?

• Like Like x 10
  18. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! It’s a day of intense research scattered with intense mulling things over. Where’s those SDCC distractions?!

• Like Like x 6
  19. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    My Wheeljack is from the gold boxes. Some great memories when I see that type of packaging as the TFs I had from new as a kid where all packed like this.

Trying to make head nor tail out of the whole scenario but I did read of rumblings that they were nicked a few weeks ago.

From the look of the pics, they look to have had a KO Jeep BB in the works as well. Seems as though my wish to see an OS version to repurpose as Swindle is a little further away now :( 

Anyway, anyone want to buy an OS Evasion Nemesis Prime? It's rare now!! :D 

• Like Like x 5
  20. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Well, they scale well with voyager-size jets, but not so great with deluxe-size cars.

• Like Like x 4