The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I'd advise looking on eBay at Flipout as his value has shot through the roof as he hasn't been reissued yet.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Blitzwing75

Blitzwing75 Well-Known Member

G1 Lockdown would be cool, Bugbite would be okay and a repaint Mirage as Fracture could work.
    If I knew the first thing about customisations I’d try the Fracture mod myself.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

You've a lot to answer for @Seeaich !
    IMG_20200722_233956798.jpg
    IMG_20200722_234848333.jpg
    IMG_20200723_000200949.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    ..........and caught up! Christ in a biscuit tin, I forget sometimes just how quickly this thread can move. I've enjoyed catching up on all the wonderful insights from you delightful meatsacks! Heres my 2 cents for the last weeks announcements (for anyone who wants my bullshit opinions on week old news):

Exhaust - Lovely figure, but like so many, the head hinge needs modded to achieve vehicle mode. Damnation.

Greasepit - LOVE this greasy bastard. The extra pump and sign certainly help set him apart from his Autobot counterpart.

Top Gun Maverick - Ordered already. I love Top Gun, I love Transformers, but most of all I love how he looks like an upscaled Cyberjet. Methinks that a planned/ cancelled Cyberjet Legends/ Deluxe was upscaled to accommodate a proper entry into the dangerzone.

WFC III Kingdom - Nice. I'll lie to myself, just like so many of the other G1 fans and say 'oh it'll be a a few waves I'll skip, I've no interest in Beast Wars' But honesty is the best policy. I love the Gen Beastie figures I have so far (bar Universe Cheetor, the wank), and I'd be happy for a few updates to some of them. Should we start campaigning now for commander class Magmatron? Could be expect a Titan class Beast Wars figure? Been 2 years since we had a Titan Combiner.... Tripredicus or Magnaboss... a 3 piece titan combiner would probably see each individual figure be a little more accomplished than the Devy and Predaking lads.

Warden Leaving - Sad to see him go, but happy for the new golden age of transformers he ushered in. Whoever takes over has big shoes to fill, and I hope they fill them well. Power Rangers and Ghostbuster fans are in for something special. Sure who knows, he might pave the way for some Power Ranger crossover figures.

Rotorstorms new noggin - I definitely did a propre fist pump when I heard about that.

Siegeflix wave 2 - Surprized at that, don't know why I thought it would be one wave. Very excited for Bumblebee and Soundwave. I know there are a few grumblings about Bee sharing a mold with cliff, but come on, its a great mold and a FUCKING BUG! But other than Elita, can't say I'm fussed about the other offerings. Where is the mad and new, like Naughty Mirage and Hotlink? I'd have much preferred a Slicer than dirty Wheeljack, or something along those lines.

Pit of Judgement - I'm glad I didn't pre-order the Quint Judge yet. I love the look of this set. Hopefully some of the UK guys get it in stock.

ER Coneheads, Ironhide and Prowl - All insta-ordred on Amazon Prime. Much excitement. nuff said!

Proper bit of Boc-baiting there Bobby! I'd love it if the Siegeflix W2 Leader was Thunderclash. I'd be happy enough if it was a Nova repaint of Galaxy Prime. But I suspect it'll be either Nemesis Prime or a battle damaged to buggery Shockwave

I'd not say no to that, but I'm still in love with the OG Tomahawk figure. I'd be more interested in seeing a Universe Sandstorm or Energon Bulkhead or Cross-blades or AM Over-run deco out of the figure. Mainly an Over-run if I'm being honest with myself. I was disappointed when Fun Pub stuck this in their comic, but never made it in figure form.

[​IMG]

Amazing work dude!

Lovely stuff as always Chris.

Damn rights he is. For years he and Battle Ravage were my Pounce and Wingspan stand-ins. That was definitely a repaint I'd have loved to have seen.

Not going to lie, I love the exclusives. For so many of them I see them as the repaints and remolds we wouldn't get if TFs only offered mass-release, but I definitely share the frustrations of the collective in the difficulty of getting them. The bullshit with the Rainmakers, Ratchet and Skywarp certainly leaves a bad taste. I'm hoping that Kapow's efforts to work closer with Hasbro UK will help all the ER exclusives make it to market here without hassle, but the fate of Siegeflix Hotlink and Megatron is worrying.

Still.... cheaper and easier to snag than Botcon or TFCC stuff ever was.

Ooooooh nice work on Megatron. And your enabling me something shocking on Athena.

Make no mistake, probably every single online interaction, transaction and view is collected and analyzed for market research. Speaking as one of the dark brotherhood of Market Researchers, I can confirm they are a shadowy bunch of untrustworthy, dead eyed, nosey arseholes. :p 

But you are right, TV ratings aren't always the best indication of how well a show is watched, more so today with a lot more time shifted viewing, streaming services are gold because you know exactly how many people watch, and its relatively easy to work out age, gender, locations and all that malarky from users accounts, so you can figure out what shows appeal to who.

Love old Martial Arts movies. Drunken Master is still my go to movie when I stagger in from the pub and need something to merrily unwind. But its been so long since I watched any. Any recommendations?

While I wait for Thundercracker and Skywarp to be delivered from STA, I've been enjoying Double D since Monday. Damn hes better than I expected, not so pin-headed as early renders led me to believe. Hasbro, I would happily take a Roadbuster and Stalker Repaint of this fine fellow. Even keep the space for the powermaster on Roadbuster, it would be a wonderfully cheeky nod to FP Roadbuster and his Heartmaster.
    IMG_20200722_145943.jpg

And while you guys are discussing Star Wars Toys, I've continued to take receipt of a few of the SW/TF Crossover figures (I blame clone wars. Just about to start S7). Yeah, some of the Robot modes are a bit on the silly side, but vehicle modes are lovely, lovely, lovely. Standard TF Jetformers can almost always being accused of doing feck all to hide robot kibble. But some of these figures hide it so well. The Clone Gunship, if it wasn't for the panelling, you might not even know a robot lurks within.

IMG_20200722_220658.jpg

Not to mention the Takara Millenium Falcon. This thing is a definite step up from the OG Hasbro version from 2006. The Han Robot has some rather unfortunate back kibble, but otherwise this is peak SW transformers.
    IMG_20200722_154846.jpg
    IMG_20200722_152138.jpg
    IMG_20200722_152223.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 21
  5. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

that moment you're hoovering up and you hear something relatively large and solid get sucked up

and the proceeding moment you notice your arcee is missing one of her guns...

someone's going digging tomorrow

(hint: it's me)

• Like Like x 14
  6. Siege Fan

Thanks!

Exhaust - Pulled sides apart as much as possible and forced the neck plate down with my finger, fucking ridiculous!

Siegeflix - Just generally underwhelming going by some of the renders (some looked ok) and the Takara shot. Like currently Impactor looks terrible.

Pit of Justice - IDT are getting it, however that plays out!

Lego Helicopter Kit Cancelled 10 Days Before Release

Oof, messed up badly there. Don't know a thing about the vehicle but there's no way they didn't!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  7. bobn3

bobn3 New Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    @Seeaich crotch goblins as not a new thing it would seem...
    IMG_20200721_200826.jpg
    Emperor palpatine apparently has a rather friendly crotch goblin.
    IMG_20200721_200757.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  9. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

@MyTea Boc At the risk of turning this into Skywarps UK Kung Fu Fandom thread...Jackie Chan in Fearless Hyena and Dragon Lord; both of which are due next month on Blu Ray. Sammo Hung in Shaolin Plot, Warriors Two, The Prodigal Son, The Maginificent Butcher and The Iron Fisted Monk....

If you can find the decent DVD versions of them; Secret Rivals, Invincible Armour, Snuff Bottle Connection and 7 Grandmasters all rock too IMHO :) 

• Like Like x 8
  10. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From east anglia to Glasgow. Yeah, the family side is the big one. Me and my other half have talked about potentially moving to Glasgow before, but I think as it’s become real, leaving her folks at that distance is the real nub, though there’s a question for her over where we’d live there.

I think what I’ll do is lay my cards on the table and say a few days to process and do some more research would be great if possible - if not then the answer’s no. I don’t feel gutted by that thought, which is probably a sign.

:D 

Boc baiting sounds like a particularly cruel medieval pastime. Like they put you in a pit and dangle a wfc ratchet just out of reach or something.

• Like Like x 12
  11. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, ID’s stocking all of the Hasbro not-SDCC exclusives! Maybe if my BDay budget is high enough I’ll get the QPoJ along with the Avengers video game.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

The family side is probably what makes things hardest for my missus too. She moved down to Leeds from Durham, so only 77 miles, but they are a really close family, saw each other all the time (and at the time she didn’t drive). Things were ok for the most part until we had Harry, and now there are other children in the extended family up north it makes it even harder (especially as all the kids get on so well).

I suppose it is weighing everything up as you have said and considering how easy it would be for you to move back down if it didn’t go well etc. and your other half’s job etc... That isn’t something you can quickly give an answer to!

• Like Like x 8
  13. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Boc, as they have well-known vehicles they have to emulate they inevitably compromise on the robot mode. While we (rightly) laud the Warden era, most of our favourites don't have a licenced alt mode, so can focus on getting the robot mode right, so long as the car or jet is 'close enough' to what we expect. As soon as you bring in licenced modes again the robots start to look shonky, like Maverick's stick figure proportions or Gigawatt's huge chest plate.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    I know a bit about it! It’s definitely used in war, but not as a combat vehicle to my knowledge. The US Navy uses it for transporting supplies around ships I think.

on one hand, I like that Lego are being called out for spitting in the face of their own code of conduct every time they get money thrown at them. (See: Indiana Jones.) doing Star Wars and Overwatch are technically ok because they’re not real wars, but I really doubt Ole Kirk Christiansen would have let the company make figures of German soldiers.

on the other hand, I think they ought to loosen up their code of conduct, but licensing a vehicle from Boeing, who finances real wars the world over, isn't a good way of doing that.

• Like Like x 6
  15. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    "It's a Trap!"

I'll be honest I thought that was Transmetal Rhinox with a slightly more melty-face.

Other than the Pit what other SDCC exclusives are there? I'm kinda hoping not much else......asking for a wallet in distress.

IMG_20200723_090611.jpg

"C'mere Starscream.....I want a word with you,"

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  16. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

The SoulBlade versions of Secret Rivals 1 & 2 are really hard to get on DVD. All of the above are highly recommended films.

I’d also add Odd Couple, Pedicab Driver (for that one fight scene of Lau Kar Leung vs Sammo), Armour Of God, Project A, Wheels On Meals, Dragons Forever, Heroes Of The East, Legend Of A Fighter, Eastern Condors, Iron Monkey, Tai Chi Boxer, Sleeping Fist, Crystal Fist/Jade Claw.

Edit: found a list I texted my friend

Project A 1
    Wheels On Meals
    Dragons Forever
    Armour Of God 1
    Police Story 1
    Police Story 2
    Drunken Master 1
    Drunken Master 2
    Snake In The Eagle’s Shadow
    The Young Master
    Miracles: The Canton Godfather
    Millionaires Express
    Prodigal Son
    Warriors Two
    The Odd Couple
    Dance Of The Drunken Mantis
    Secret Rivals 1
    Secret Rivals 2
    Snuff Bottle Connection
    Five Deadly Venoms
    The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
    Return To The 36th Chamber
    (There is a 3rd one or the one above is the 3rd one)
    Heroes Of The East
    Mystery Of Chessboxing
    Born Invincible
    Pedicab Driver
    Scorpion King
    The Victim
    Wolf Warriors 1
    Wolf Warriors 2
    Drunken Taichi
    Iron Monkey
    Above The Law/Righting Wrongs
    Winners & Sinners
    My Lucky Stars
    Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars
    Hapkido
    SPL
    Taichi Boxer
    The Hot, The Cool & The Vicious
    Hitman In The Hand Of Buddha
    Once Upon A Time In China 1
    Once Upon A Time In China 2
    Once Upon A Time In China 3
    Once Upon A Time In China 4
    Once Upon A Time In China 5
    Once Upon A Time In China 6 is a bit rubbish
    Last Hero In China
    Fong Sai Yuk 1
    Fong Sai Yuk 2
    Shaolin Temple 1
    Shaolin Temple 2
    Shaolin Temple 3
    Mad Monkey Kung Fu
    Fist Of Legend
    Sleeping Fist
    High Risk

@Q Prime I just saw your sig, you are the person I am thinking of when I posted the above. It wasn't my auction but do check eBay every now and again, they will turn up.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Risk

Risk Unknown Member

@Q Prime I just saw your sig, you are the person I am thinking of when I posted the above. It wasn't my auction but do check eBay every now and again, they will turn up.

Mods: Can you delete this post I merged with above post.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Siege Fan

I fucking hate chasing up toys on websites around SDCC! *Cries*

Just make a fortune selling the things as normal, ya daft ****s!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Is the Power of the force stuff the line where everyone was really buff? I picked these two up in a car boot lot and "Whey of the Force" Luke amuses me immensely. What were they thinking???

skywalker.png

• Like Like x 16
  20. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmm... SDCC Ghostbusters Louis Tully, eh? Fine, I guess I won't eat next month either.

• Like Like x 4