The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Happy birthday @Brum Bot !! Have a good'un chief.

Will today ease postal perching anxiety?.......tracking says: Nah, one more time around the M25 for your packages matey. No kidding, something from Kapow went to various points of the compass before sitting at Gatwick (maybe it fancied a holiday?) And then to the mail centre at Heathrow (Airport Tour Yo!) And now to somewhere in Ilford.

It's done more miles than I have in four months.

Masks and Society: careful with what we say obviously, but the idea that we have a component of Society that just wont do what's in the best interests of everyone (ie: them too) should come as no surprise anymore. It's depressing, it's fucking nuts, but as the last decade has shown, slugs really do love them some salt. Sigh.

I get not making it the job of Supermarket staff to "police" that element, but then that also doesn't chime with the fact that the very same Supermarket staff have been getting everyone into an orderly queue and limiting entry for four months. So go figure on what the difference without a distinction is there.

And it's raining.

IMG_20200715_183743.jpg

"It's not rocket science people. Rawwwgh!"

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 21
  2. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Big happy birthday wishes to @Brum Bot! Have a great day Rob and hope you get some robots! :bday 

• Like Like x 12
  3. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Happy Birthday @Brum Bot

Hope you have a fantastic day.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're on my 'hope they turn up in home bargains or b&m during silly season' list, along with Siege Jetfire who I missed out on when he went for around £50 at a number of places, because I was adament I was content with the thrilling 30's leader class (still am size wise but I pulled him out of storage and he has started yellowing in some places)

Anyone else got their hopes up for anything in particular to show up during silly season?

• Like Like x 5
  5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Welcome! It looks like you’re doing fine at self-enabling so I’m absolving myself in advance.

Hear, fucking hear!
    41, you young wiper snapper (I’ll be 42 in November). Happy belated!

Oh god, I can’t believe you’re giving me a compelling reason to watch bobby skull face. Whatever it was I done I am genuinely sorry.
    That’s horrid. As @Seeaich says get all the professional advice and support you can get. Good luck, Mel!

And a happy belated to you too, lord napalm!

And happy belated to you too! I’m feeling less like an elder statesmen with so many others cruising past 40. Catch up the rest of you!

and a happy not belated birthday to @brumbot

Facemask useage in shops has been pretty good round NW Leeds. Only a solitary bellend in Morrisons yesterday. Naturally he was on the phone while steering his trolley into every other person. Takes a certain type.

Like my trip on the train last weekend, it does speak to the sheer impotence and incompetence of ‘nudge behaviour’ policies.

• Like Like x 12
  6. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Sooo, netflix Siege reviews are trending towards the positive. Nice. None of which are gushing, which in all honesty I'd prefer, as it a.) tempers my expectations somewhat and b.) makes me believe that the reviews are genuine and not 'encouraged' to be positive.

• Like Like x 11
  8. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    One last shot of this set - LEGO Speed Champions Lamborghini Urus ST-X and Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo EVO (76899):

Lambo07.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 8
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

@Ottertron Noted!

Entertainer has 5 off 25 on the go.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @barry @motorthing It does seem a natural end point for a Western society that has been trained for years to fear and resist the merest hint of collectivism would be great swathes of the general populace unable to enact a simple common sense precaution out of a kind of misfiring Pavlovian Reaction.

• Like Like x 8
  11. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok, so I am looking forward to that Cyclonus that we saw getting a proper reveal, BUT I don't want him to be lavender. Toy colour alternative in Selects please (see also the new Galvatron we're almost certainly getting).
    [​IMG]

And also, I wish he was based on the first Floro Devy design. After all, that's the model they used in the UK comics (middle one is my fav, naturally).
    [​IMG]
    I know. It's a world of stuff not catering towards my niche tastes.

• Like Like x 16
  12. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Hmmm, going by the Netflix show reviews, the Blaster we might be getting doesn't look-wise seem like the one we're used to?

One review said the first three episodes are basically talking before anything kicks off proper and still gave it 8/10 with that in mind. I'm always wary of 8/10, it tends to be more like 7! And in such a short run...

I'll try it anyway, at some point.

13. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Happy birthday @Brum Bot

Todays deskbots are seekers: then & now
    IMG_20200727_101005.jpg

Would have used er starscream but he's in robot mode.

Another plodding monday. Hope everyone is well and in good spirits.

• Like Like x 15
  14. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My deskbots have been getting out of hand recently.

[​IMG]

Gonna need a bigger desk!

Hope everyone is well. I had 2 wisdom teeth out on Friday and my whole head has felt like this all weekend:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  15. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Takara will be pushing hard for animation colours. It really gets my goat that they have such an obsession with making modern toys look like the worst aspects of a not-that-good cartoon from 35 years ago. Most of the pale purples used in the animation were used to make the characters stand out better against the dark blues and purples of Cybertron backgrounds, so they're non-diagetic colours anyway. But mostly they just look crap.

• Like Like x 6
  16. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeker Tupac just arrived from IDT. Hope everyone else's arrives in short order!

• Like Like x 8
  17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Happy Birthday @Brum Bot! Hope you have a good one Rob!

Off topic, Masks. The reluctance to wear one by so many (I mean why can't you wear one?) comes as little surprise when so many subscribe to 'the easiest way to get rid of a cold is to give it to someone else.'

Tragically society has shown itself to be increasingly selfish in recent years. Which is kinda ironic, seeing as (according to religion) Christianity is supposed to be all about the community and Buddism is meant to be all about the self, and yet the countries those religions 'belong to' have acted oppositely. I digress.

Am waiting for a delivery today, £500+ worth of gear. What happened is since we got our holiday to Greece cancelled (a while ago now) my wife told me to spend the flight refund on a bike carrier system, so we can take out bicycles out and about. Well, the Rear mounted ones that hang off the back of the car door can easily smash glass, deform bodywork and can't carry 4 bikes.

So I spent a few hundred on a new towbar (ouch), and then another few hundred (ouch) on a towbar mounted 3 bike (or 4 with the extra bit) carrier. The one that I ordered was £369.50 (£450 RRP) knowing the store had to wait for stock to arrive. The whole idea is we drive off somewhere, unload the bikes the the carrier can fold up and be stored in the boot while we're out and about (and thus not get nicked).

Atera STRADA DL 3 to 4 bike carrier (UK lights) no. AR2603.

When it did arrive last week, it said my order was 'processing' but no update. When I queried the shop about the delay they told me that the 3 bike carrier had arrived, but the 4th bike adaptor hadn't so they couldn't fulfil the full order. They offered to send the carrier as is (and send the 4th bike adaptor later) or because of the inconvenience would I like to upgrade to the next carrier up, (£489, £642.50 RRP) for nowt?

Yakima JustClick 3 bike tow bar carrier no. 8002487.

Hmmm. Let me think...

Yoink.

Anyway the funniest thing about all this is the bike carrier system is worth much much more than the bikes it'll be carrying...

• Like Like x 13
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Sooooo Takara Twitter's latest reveals teaser...
    EdhSNSTVAAEucv7.jpeg
    All pretty obvious, especially the fella on the bottom right!

Which begs the question is this fella gonna be a general release Netflix tie-in Siege Ratchet *shakes fist skyward* OR a placeholder for Earth Mode Ratchet they're using to keep the surprise that it's Earth Mode Ratchet?
    EdhSNSTVAAEucv7 copy.jpg
    We shall see, Galvatron, we shall see!

• Like Like x 15
  19. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Fluffy moogle enthusiast

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Skywarp & Thundercracker just arrived, so today's off to a good start. That's my S1 Decepticons almost complete!

• Like Like x 8
  20. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Add me to the Seeker club! They finally touched down this morning :) 

• Like Like x 9