The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Think greed vastly outweighs the competence of both there.

But it also shows you how much profit is in the product, something to remember the next time they or someone else talks about production budgets.

IDT have shipped my Clones and Seekers :) 

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree its all greed.

Just got my Doubledealer shipping notice too.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Scraplet

DoubleDealer shipping, yaaaaaay

• Like Like x 5
  4. BQuantum

BQuantum Member

Yesterday’s arrivals! So excited to finally have a full set of seekers, first time ever. I can’t wait to open the Skorponok, but with a 2 year old, might have to wait until he’s asleep

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  5. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Not had much chance to do any decent photography in ages but been snapping some random stuff over the last while.

The Cybertron 7 are now complete with the arrival of FT Warpath. Really nice figure, but he couldn't be bothered transforming for the pic.

7.jpg

Skorpy. This guy is just fucking brilliant.

sko.jpg

"NOW KISS!"

kiss.jpg

When a Mummy Skorponok loves a Daddy Skorponok....

mum.jpg

ZOG ATTACK!

zog.jpg

And my other plastic passion at the moment. ENTER THE AGE OF APOCALYPSE!

aoa.jpg

• Like Like x 26
  6. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

No wonder they didn't build anything that stood up. One handed engineers with no sense of scale.
    IMG_20200721_115533.jpg IMG_20200721_112755.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  7. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trip to Poland update: Kasprowy peak is really, really, really tall. The weather’s bad down below and we’re stuck in the clouds. I’d take a picture but it looks very white, like a blank canvas.

• Like Like x 13
  8. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Please feed the Repugnus’ Revenge set directly into my veins.

Shifting my ‘Art Of The Movie’ MCU books - sold one yesterday and got enough to order Unique Toys Dragoon, which was nice. Just put a couple more up on eBay now and hope to raise enough to get Omega, Scorponok AND pay the extortionate eBay fees too! :D 

• Like Like x 5
  9. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Tricolor.
    IMG_20200721_121331.jpg
    You know what's a little disappointing? That Centurion accessories pack not having a crown for ol' Starschnozzle here.

Dunno about a fuzzy felt thing. The three main adaptations are a modern one (good) an 80s/90s one (rubbish but enjoyable) and an absolutely insane 60s japanese version.

• Like Like x 14
  10. Siege Fan

Is 'Home Counties IT Ltd' In Demand Toys? If so I'm due some villains on Thursday...

• Like Like x 1
  11. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I still reckon quite possibly because there'll be the full crown, cape, forearm guards, & shoulder pads SS'86 Coronation & AU Dead Starscream Exclusives, innit?

Ha! Scorpy's sting is a bit comical in contrast to his size...
    DSC_0047.JPG DSC_0046.JPG
    ...but I do think that the new dark ruby dye job sets it off a bit better against his classic Decepticon colours than the stock trans orange.

• Like Like x 16
  13. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Ugh.

• Like Like x 2
  14. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Cancelled Smokescreen so I can get my seekers - not that fussed on Smokie, it's mainly Prowl I want from that mould.

Speaking of which, preordered the Prowl/Ironhide set from Amazon.com, so come November there should be an ER Ironhide up for grabs (can't remember who mooted an interest?).

Had some Micromasters turn up today, care of a chum, as well as a lot from ebay which included Prime Arcee, Smokescreen, Airachnid (already up for sale), and DOTM Nitro Bumblebee, who I was going to sell but I still quite like him.

Also building a team of movie autobots, but the caveat is they need to be blue - has anyone got the movie Dropkick/Salvage repaint, Blowpipe?

Other than that I'm using TLK Leader Prime, DOTM exclusive Sideswipe, possible ROTF Jolt...but open to suggestions for best blue movie (not THAT sort) Autobots.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

A quick bit of context on exclusives, which seem to have exploded exponentially of late and leave Hasbros already beleaguered distribution system even more inaccessible for those of us outside of the good old US of A.

For the purposes of this exercise I have counted physical items (i.e boxes), the Micromaster 10pk is ONE item, as is Redwing and the Rainmakers.

I’ve also not included TakaraTomy or the SiegeFlix range as it’s a subline on its own.

Siege had a whopping 21 store exclusives against 45 mass retail releases, there were (execute order) 66 individually boxed/carded items available. Almost a third of the entire range were exclusives at 32%.

Going back and looking at POTP, it had 8(!) exclusive items against 40 mass retail releases, there were 48 items to purchase, with only 17% as store exclusives.

This maybe a bad example as I too subscribe to the theory that POTP was curtailed, I actually think TR was too -looking at what was happening “on the scene” TRU had just gone under and Hasbro had just bought Power Rangers; cash flow would have been closely monitored.

So let’s go all the way back to the Golden age of Cybertron: The Warden Years and start with Combiner Wars.....

CW had 56 Regular releases and 11 exclusives (Although they were all big-ticket items), for a total of 67 items 16% of which were exclusives.

So we might as well do Titans Return whilst we are here!

TR had whooping 66 mass retail items, but only 7 store exclusives, making 73 purchasable items, 9% of which were store exclusives.

I’m not sure how we’ve gone from a position, percentage wise, where from POTP to Siege the exclusives on offer have literally doubled. If EarthRise continues in the same vein, with *confirmed* releases, standing at 33, whilst exclusives sit at 11 items thus far. So 44 items available to purchase with a nice round 25% as exclusives and potentially set to rise.

Exclusives would seem to be the business plan going forwards, as a contrast Hasbro have not released a G1-themed MP since 2017....telling stuff indeed.

This still doesn’t explain why some exclusives are more exclusive than others, yes Rainmakers I’m looking at you, why the likes of Exhaust and Greasepit are shipped to e-tailers and in our plastic crack craving hands before Hasbro even think we know about them or why the UK landscape had changed in particular.

Times are changing and so would it seem Hasbros marketing ethos on who they think is buying.

Thoughts?

(Standard Skywarp disclaimer, all figure counts taken from TFWiki, %’s rounded up or down as needed. I’m not an expert or a statistician - so if I’ve got it wrong, please correct me!)

• Like Like x 12
  16. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Look into my eyes...

News Credits:
    Anybody want this stuff, before I toss it up on eBay. All prices included P&P within the UK.

Titans Return Astrotrain - £15
    Titans Return Krok - £15
    Legends Waspinator -£40

Pictures below:

DSC_1764.JPG DSC_1770.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe they'll go all out and get the packaging engineer they mentioned in the live stream to do another mini diorama with starscream in classic death pose at the top of the podium steps and whatever new Galvatron they're doing in cannon mode at the bottom. With big new blast effect and crushed crown as bonuses.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Siege Fan

• Like Like x 10
  19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20200721-131635__01.jpg

More are coming...

• Like Like x 11
  20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    You're missing the three convention exclusives from TR, the Titan Force 3-pack, SDCC Max, and Primitive PMOP making 10 "exclusives" (either store or Convention) overall so thus far ER is only one louder.
    [​IMG]
    Though if you count the separate limited edition transparent version of the SDCC Master Sword and/or Repugnus that equals or even exceeds ER (for now).

Ultimately my thoughts are what I've stated before the clamouring for Hasbro to engage with the Collector Market more has resulted in this Mokey's Paw situation, in particular for us Non-US or Non-East Asian global fan collectors whose markets are minnows in HasCorp.'s greedy eyeballs, where we can fall into the distribution gap. We don't have the giant retail corps that would be interested in Exclusives in the UK basically. Fings crossed the Seeker 2-packs relative ease of purchase via Fan Channels points the way forward on the UK availability of these things we want rather than the Rainmakers.

• Like Like x 10