The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    short interview with the guy who seems to be running the new netflix show, together with a short clip of the actual show

• Like Like x 3
  2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    It's actually amazing. I bought it on a complete whim as it was comparatively cheap compared to what they're listed for on ebay and its stunning. Huge. Accurate. Makes the one I had when I was 3 or 4 look like a... well, toy I guess? I love the Star Wars vehicles for the time they were made, and they held up amazingly well during POTF2 onwards, but I'm pleased to see more updates at today's collectors market standard.

I'd pretty much written Star Wars toys off after the pisspoor quality of Rebels, Episode 7-9 etc... but I guess they were marketed as toys not collectors pieces. The market is big enough to sustain both so why not. Not sure I can justify the £400 they want for the new Falcon, it's just the Legacy mold from ten years ago but 3 times the price.

• Like Like x 8
  3. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

@robotmel Sorry to hear about that, a few businesses seem to be doing things that are skating on the edges and in some case well over the edges of employment legality at the moment (my previous employers included). I hope it all works out well for you in the end, I'd certainly be firing up the old CV though, but don't let them know you are searching or even if you find a new job in the mean time as they may try and stiff you out of your redundancy pay, which after 13 years should be a reasonable amount. As others have said it may be worth talking to ACAS if others with the same job title have not been given notice, as I'm pretty sure they would need to tell everyone with the same job title that the positions are being made redundant and they are under consultation as well(I could be wrong on this as employment law is not my speciality).

• Like Like x 8
  4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Importer/Exporter

Twitter:
    Sorry to hear about your job issues, that’s a shitty situation they’ve put you in.

Re: Seekers, I was in the same boat until Thursday when I sent ‘em a “Where’s my stuff?” email.

Got a shipped email confirmation a couple of hours later, so hopefully your lads are in a similar position and just need a little nudge to get moving.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only just realised these little twats both have head swivels. Best in class! FIRST PRIZE.

20200726_003514.jpg

• Like Like x 24
  6. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happy birthday @CZ Hazard ! Hope you’re currently slow dancing with the great green and purple Titan.

How are you finding the shift from mp to mainline? Any regrets or is it all upsides?

Excellent research that man!

What do you make of him? Have been quite tempted by his mold-mate...

The first wave of changes for my workplace is voluntary part time hours, with the possibility of further more drastic measures to come. Perversely my job area is having a mini (potentially temporary) boom (as it involves delivering things online) but it’s definitely all unnerving.

Man, that’s rubbish - sorry to hear that. Hope it goes as well as possible and yeah, union or other routes well worth scoping out.

• Like Like x 9
  7. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@MyTea Boc,
    Thanks Brian, diabetes is annoying as fuck but there's worse things to have and I'm feeling somewhat better now aside from a bit of stomach ache which will inevitably remind me it's still there later in the day when I see United's starting lineup against Leicester :D 

That said, I have come up with an alternate way of looking at things......I just treat each game like they start with 3-4 players less than the opposition because that's the average of utterly pointless bodies they tend to have in the team nowadays so with that in mind anything they get is a bonus :D 

Might go for a walk later as the latest Dr Who sets are out in B&M's and I need me some 4th Doctor Companions and 70's UNIT chaps...but only for in store prices as the ebay scalpers can do one. I'd be willing to overpay a bit if each figure was entirely new parts and actually show accurate but they're not.

@CZ Hazard,
    Belated birthday wishes! hope it was a good one!

@Napalm,
    Nice pics of Lio Convoy!, not sure I'm going with any other Iron Factory Beasties after my experience with Megatron as I'd prefer to stick to the more organic series 1 designs but Lio does look nice.

@robotmel,
    Best of luck with the meeting on Wednesday and hope you can get some support from a union in a worst case scenario.

@doucoo,
    I hope your holiday was enjoyable!

I envy your new shelving, would love to have more space to put something like that!

• Like Like x 7
  8. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    A better one. The whole Iron Throne set, with four figures, only cost £15 on Amazon. For reference, I paid the same amount for Clappy on his own. No regrets, but still.

[​IMG]
    "Sorry toots, but you made the classic mistake of both snoozing and losing!"

• Like Like x 9
  9. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Add me to the list of 40ish people who were slightly disappointed about which Monty Mole featured in that Lego set.

Not much TF purchasing activity of late, but a fellow UK Toy Discussion devotee has sorted me out with a new Lost Light team member, which I'm very much looking forward to receiving :)  Now in the mood to chase after some rares, so I'm looking sideways at my other non-TF geek items, wondering whether to sell...

Oh and I've been on a grand IDW1 re-read of the Collections so far. I'm in the Costa era. Some bright spots but... damn.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
  11. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just watched the 5 minutes of the rooster Teeth panel on siege which spoiler I guess
    shows a static message from cliff jumper that's barely audible and that the voice of g1 teletran is playing a secret character

Coupled with no toy reveals and no idw reveals (not to mention the sub par quality of the idw ongoing regardless) ..... Too early to say worst sdccc for tfs ever?
    tenor.gif

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    You could be right about this sdcc being the worst ever, seeing as no one can physically attend. I think the quality of toys is rather good. (besides Alicon, which I’ll probably buy but it’s still a serious step down in terms of cartoon accuracy.)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Watched the BSF video about Hasbro Pulse etc yesterday. Chap's really not my cup of tea 85% of the time and most of his sit down/opinion videos don't do it for me but he had some good points on this one, which applies to the wider collector/toy community as well.

There's a certain element of cost/benefit ratio in all our transactions. In our hobby, the cost aspect is tied to working/having the disposable income for the figure/s, which effectively takes part of the "work" out of the equation, and we end up with just the benefit aspect of it---ie having our new shiny toy.

A lot of the more recent shennanigans around so many toy companies [and that was even before the pandemic, mind you] add an extra cost ratio because it's getting so hard to preorder/buy the figures you like. Hasbro's not a garage company; exclusivity deals are great here and there but the latest run of preorders for Black Series/GI Joe/various transformers are a tad over the top. Look, I just want to slowly get the Infiltration + RID S1 cover bots for my shelves and call it a day. Can I? :) 

This is extended to other fandoms in relation to availability---Figuarts, Macross, Soul of Chogokin, various NECA stuff...not to mention this creeping into some 3P stuff in our franchise as well.

At the end of the day...if you make it too difficult for people to pay you, they will stop doing so. Local takeaway's card machine stopped working a couple of years ago [don't think they had online orders back then]. Closest ATM was well out of my way. Guess what? I stopped buying from there eventually :) 

• Like Like x 12
  14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Happy Birthday @Napalm!

*looks around*

Hmmm. No one else is saying it. Have I got the right day? I should check my calendar eh?

*checks calendar*

No, it IS Napalms birthday! And @MissingSea's! So happy birthday to the two of you!

*sigh*

Am waiting for a in stock notification for Doubledealer at the 3 Smyths that are within striking distance of here. Nothing yet...

• Like Like x 13
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Happy :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay DAY, @Napalm!!! :music 

• Like Like x 7
  16. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Happy birthday @Napalm and happy birthday to @MissingSea

Have yourselves a great day!

• Like Like x 8
  17. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Think I might have to apply a bit of paint to this guy, once he gets released.. But he still looks pretty good!

• Like Like x 4
  18. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Got back from my sortie to B&M's with some noodles and the Dr Who set with The Brigadier, Captain Mike Yates and Sgt Benton! Result! :) 

• Like Like x 10
  19. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear the news. Hope it all works out for you. My work have been in touch to advise we are going to have redundancies, not me but maybe some in my team.

So annoyed as there are a lot of people struggling. My company used to really help people, but now they don't care. In my mind, companies that can do should try and support its staff in times like these.

Going to have to keep an eye out for maybe that slave 1.

My Boba Fett shelf looks epic in my head.

Holiday was great and much needed. Boys loved it. Really just visited wife's family and friends but it was good to get away.

The shelves need oiled and then they will be good to go. Sliding doors still to go on but that will be an easy job.

Then I can get everything out of the loft and see what I am keeping and what I am moving on. So excited to play with my starcom, mask, centurions etc.

Happy birthday @Napalm and @MissingSea

• Like Like x 12
  20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It is indeed my birthday, and to celebrate it, she has legally made me a Lord. This was a terrible idea on her part and I am absolutely fucking elated.

Happy birthday @MissingSea!

• Like Like x 15