The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopath™

News Credits:
    *Orgasmic gibbering.*
    20200718_112948.jpg

• Like Like x 24
  2. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Overjoyed at the prospect of buying a plastic rat

News Credits:
    I’d agree. I’d also say that you should be prepared for the Ironhide to have very noticeable feet poking out the back, they’re visible in the renders if you look closely.

• Like Like x 7
  3. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

Pre-order for the Coneheads locked in with Amazon.com, £68 is a bit more than I would have liked, but I'd rather not miss out. Hopefully, Kapow or IDT will get them in for a similar price to T'cracker and Skywarp before Amazon.com ship. I do know that I'm due a lot of stuff in over the next few weeks. ER is getting a little bit expensive :eek: 

• Like Like x 11
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Thanks

It's actually the Furai one they want :D 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

So from we can all piece together, it's looking like a strong possibility the leader is a magnus or galaxy prime in nemesis colours. I'd be down for galaxy prime in Nova colours. That would be all kinds of epic. Since they did a magnus already, I'd lean more towards it being galaxy prime.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks, I somehow missed both of those batches of rumours, don't recall seeing them on TFW.

The second batch seem way more off then first batch.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ehh, didn’t bother me on Siege ‘hide doubt it’ll bother me much here. Maybe it becomes the Alphastrike in terms of UK availability.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Somebody'll put out some Faux vanette door fillers eventually I reckon, and hopefully reissue their Siege Ironhide fillers for him too!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Incredibly, I'm still buying Siege figures... Had the two most recent Reflektor cameras, figured I'd turn the purple guys into theirs, and so I needed two more of him to have my armed-up trio back... Then after seeing how cool Barricade and Prowl look together as cars, it was another Barricade (came to this realisation after IDT sold out, so £20 spent). Now I'm trying to order another Crosshairs on a site to arm that chunky bastard up because I've always wanted to and I've certainly got the parts...

I say trying, because just like the rain starting the second you leave the house, a website will die on it's **** the second you need it randomly.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Insurgent

Have you checked nottingham robot company? I think they still have some crosshairs. And other siege guys.

Transformers Siege Crosshairs

Got my con s3 and 4 shelves arranged. Scorp looks very impressive from an underneath angle. And there's something about Scourge surrounded by similar but different sweeps.
    IMG_20200718_123658.jpg IMG_20200718_123717.jpg IMG_20200718_123724.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  11. Siege Fan

It doesn't work out because of postage (able to get free postage on the other site plus points), but I really appreciate the link because I had it and forgot! Cheers!

Marvel's WandaVision Show On Disney+ Delayed Until 2021

With the Marvel shows all being tied to the movies and mostly already filmed, Disney+ is gonna take a serious hit on subscriptions between those and the Star Wars problems.

• Like Like x 2
  12. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

couple of questions.. firstly, do you guys recommend any of those stands to plug in to ports to make it look like the figure is flying? like the guy with the cool headmaster setup has on his triggerhappy? i think they're called flight stands.

secondly, how do i increase the stiffness of the wing joint on my sky lynx? people have mentioned nail varnish or Future, but what exactly do i need to do? any guides or tutorials?

for that matter, can i use that same stuff to increase stiffness on other joints in figures, e.g. skullcruncher's legs which are floppy af.. i used to joke about his stupid tail accessory which bore no resemblance to a shield.. but it was clearly supposed to be a walking stick to help him balance

• Like Like x 3
  13. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    ROUND TWO!
    DSC_0049.JPG

HOCKNEY!
    DSC_0051.PNG
    Well, the best I could do quick & dirty!
    I think I got too ambitious about Max's dynamics while posing, I think a straight, solid, untwisted torso is necessary for stride split stability (he even took a deliberate-but-light, well, I wasn't gonna twazz it at him full force after last bout, background flop!), and I'm happy to find I can get a little wild when it comes to affray between the two butting Headmasters, even if there may be shades of contemporary Over-50 Steven Segal vs. the younger opponent who can actually do wirework and proper Martial Arts to it! :p 

The upcoming Netflix pack got me to break out this Chomky Boi for reassessment, and I had an epiphany - blatant pinning was holding him back!
    DSC_0054.JPG DSC_0055.JPG
    With the heads suitably hidden, I can now appreciate the design, chomky though it may be, because now I can see the styling of his upper legs as cassette tape halves with the "knee" clip pegs as faux reel cog ports!
    Should we get the opportunity to snag the Tape Deck Sounders set over here I am definitely in to have two moods of Ravage and a proper Boid head.
    Oh. And a Walkman Soundwave would be neat too!

Also it seems that the Cosmos has indeed decided...
    [​IMG]
    DSC_0056 (1).JPG
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  14. Siege Fan

I'll let someone else tell you about Future, but probably the best flight stands are the Tamashii Nations stage act 4/5 ones that have the ratchet support post instead of a screw joint so the figure doesn't fall under it's own weight over time. Unfortunately they're currently expensive somehow so you might wanna take a punt on the Wish KO versions unless you can find somewhere selling them cheaper!

Other option is their Action base stands but it's finding them... I've no idea why they're currently hard to come by, they used to be everywhere and are pretty generic at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Insurgent

They are called flight stands. Most people would recommend some tamashi or bandai stand but they can be pricey. The one I'm using there is a neca figure stand with a claw instead of a peg (the claw is wrapped around triggerhappy's legs).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NECA-Action-Figure-Dynamic-Display/dp/B01BOV5I7I

I wouldn't recommend this one though, it's light, feels a bit cheap and the claw hole can crack easy so it falls off the base easily. I got a couple to try from kapow a while back for 6 quid each and even that i think is too much. But it's certainly something worth looking into, they can really spice up a display, especially with jets. I've had the three targetmaster jets in alt mode in formation at the back of a shelf before and they looked sweet.

And thank you. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  16. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Finally, got round to putting scorponok into base mode.

27B86245-660A-4B1A-B1D6-8711A05294E1.jpeg

I think it’s pretty alright actually. I think I might prefer it to omega supreme; I think omega would really benefit from stickers - but at 45usd for the toyhax set, I think that’ll have to wait for a sale. I am keen to try and create a throne for zarak; was this idea merely touted or has someone actually done this? And if so, how did they do it?

No sooner than in base mode, scorponok base came under attack from an autobot patrol!

0F6104A9-CDE7-4A95-96C7-F0625B595D32.jpeg EEC6E4A8-3AA2-44B5-BFAD-B740C38B0DF5.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  17. hellhound

hellhound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello threadizens, hopefully everyone's recovered from yesterdays wallet burning pre-order extravaganza?

I've just uploaded my last review of the month - War for Cybertron Battle Squad. Please check it out - I hope you enjoy it.

• Like Like x 4
  18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it's easy to miss stuff, I usually screenshot them and save them on my phone. Completely forgot about netflix wave 3 listings though (cheetor, deepcover, barricade and "quintesson")

I get where you are coming from but we did get the tape pack, earth soundwave, sunstreaker with shared wheeljack engineering and cliff and bee using the scout with accessories as a deluxe release.

Pinches of salt definitely needed as Its hard to know what to take seriously through it all. I do think there is a mix of stuff being leaked later changed by hasbro and some of it being lucky guesses. We could all predict sunny for instance or runabout but some are definitely more enigmatic, who would have known we would get a selects tape multipack for instance?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Not to be the bearer of Bad News but in an occasionally semi-professional I feel it is my duty-ish to let you know Sales are less likely and the 'Hax are running a Points/Loyalty scheme. I think it just got to a point of too many regulars (maybe myself included) hanging on for them instead of buying the fresh sets unfortunately.

Given da Jetz Boiz a once over and transform each, and fings crossed, despite having seen some reports of the odd bit of squiffy QC they seem like a solid pair fortunately.
    Had a moment of worry properly locking in Skywarp's shins but it turned out his tolerances we're just a smidge less forgiving than 'Screamer & 'Cracker and he needs a more definitely vertical tug to pop his rear knee peg into place!
    The rest of the transformations were smooth sailing and no readily apparent actual QC Issues (bar a wee scuff atop one of 'Cracker's intakes but *Blop!* with a silver Molotow and it is GONE!)*PHEW!*
    DSC_0057.JPG DSC_0058.JPG

Plush it turnsh out Shkywarp doeshn't need shome denturesh after all, a dab of metal black sorts out that shouty mouth all by itself!
    DSC_0059.JPG
    Plus in certain angles like above where the upper inside of the mouth catches the light the shine kinda gives him a faux upper set of gnashersh.
    In hand I figured any entoothing attempt by me could end up looking like Dennish Waterman in New Tricks in the season when he got his temporary horse teeth dentures while waiting for his properly-fitted pair! :p 

• Like Like x 16
  20. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Thunderclash

• Like Like x 5