The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Meant to say last night I would never have thought to use Brunt as a gun, genius, and thank you!

George Lucas Saving Star Wars; Kathleen Kennedy Leaving For J.J. Abrams

Madness abounds if you believe it or not... They'd need to be mad to give Lucas any sort of influence now, that's for certain. The prequel trilogy says hi :rolleyes: 

Plus wasn't Kennedy his choice IIRC? Then you've the fact that old men don't understand or want to the franchises they fathered; Lucas, Spielberg, Scott, Cameron.

They need Favreau propping up the TV side of it because that's gonna be the only place making money in the months if not years of this crisis.

Feige is presumably hella busy sorting out what the pandemic did to Marvel's timeline in every sense; the delay of one movie or TV show affects all the others or needs to be reshot and, really, you can't. That's just his side of the fence too, he has to make sure it'll all line up with Sony's Spider-Man too!

Disney needs a point person and I wouldn't suggest distracting or encouraging anybody above.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Fistfuls of salt and likely poppycock. But if Lucas were to return, I'd love to see him return in the guise of guiding hand. Phenomenal ideas guy... master of world building... stunning eye for visuals... but not a great writer and actor director.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    That entire site is an absolute crock of shit. Never believe anything on it. IIRC it’s a Comicsgate propaganda site too.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Dead Optimus from Amazon US :p 

• Like Like x 5
  5. joetele

joetele Non-entity

I'm good for a Wheeljack cheers dude.

Cool beans - depending on other commitments/stuff I may be interested in Alpha Lion and possibly Scourge.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prepare your wallets chaps
    Screenshot_20200722_122859_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

"Disney in very, very serious financial difficulties". Hahahahahahaha. No. Even if they were there are other things they could do which would be more bankable that Lucas and Star wars...

Thats like saying Hasbro are in Financial Trouble and they want to bring back Michael Bay for the next Transformers film! (Please god no!)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

It's far too easy to say stop and then order more. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything....:oops: 

Lucas should be the Fiege sorta role. Has ideas, guides them, makes things line up and makes sure things make sense (they may be some heavy retcons in the prequels, but at least they make sense. The only one that doesn't is Padme dying in childbirth and Leia saying she remembers her, but that could be explained as who Senator Organa was married to during Episode 3 eventually dying when Leia was young and he remarries later, and it was his first wife who Leia was talking about. A little clunky but it works). He just shouldn't be the straight up director. He also needs someone who will say no to him and help refine those ideas.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Ooh, just a quick note: Without the drills whacking the armtreads on as you would for tank mode looks better IMHO.
    I just needed drillbit stowage!
    Well, he is a "Weaponizer, innit? Having twin cannon-ed most of Cog this was almost too easy!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will probably be just what Indemand put up for Pre-order yesterday. Aka Leadfoot.

Also while talking about Indemand. They are getting the Quint pack

Screenshot_20200722-124110.png

• Like Like x 6
  11. VehiconVindication

VehiconVindication Well-Known Member

What are the odds that it's gonna include one (1) Transformers figure? XD

• Like Like x 3
  12. Siege Fan

Before I'd have agreed about Lucas, but I've seen nothing in recent years to suggest he wasn't an old man just trying to be relevant again.

I don't truly believe anything I read around movies, or particular sites (this was just in recommended Google articles), but dear old Doomcock has traction now wherever you look by virtue of the collapse of SW being such a story. I'm not saying he's one thing or the other because I don't know either way.

And I mean it reads like absolute horseshit, but that's where Disney live at the moment!

• Like Like x 4
  13. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

GOD GIGANTO PENISU, GOOOOO!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  14. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Hmmm, that does look a rather good weapon. May have to give that a go myself, Brunt has always felt like the worse of the three for weaponising to me and this might just redeem him a bit in that aspect.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Siege Fan

I'm not having a pop, this is just my take!

Thing is, while they're not by any means fucked, they still are in serious trouble. They just trashed multi billion dollar Star Wars; the movies, merch, super expensive theme park... They've only got it propping up Plus now.

They've sank hundreds of millions into Plus and have seen, allegedly, subscriber numbers drop off because people have to prioritise their bills on, basically, a global scale. Chances are they stuck with Netflix.

Movies can't really go into production. The movies they've made, they've no idea if anyone will go to see them. The entire Marvel slate, more billions in cash usually, is on hold for months at best.

Their footfall in those big, rates expensive stores will be slashed across the world, same at the theme parks.

They're in a better position than anyone else, but their revenue has relatively gone through the floor I'd imagine.

• Like Like x 5
  16. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Today's additions to the "Cavalcade of Infantalism," © & ™ Mrs. Thing.......... IMG_20200722_125921.jpg

Dealer looks (and feels) very beefy indeed. And not much like an Autobot at all so Megatron gets to play with him.

Snake-Eyes.......is almost perfect. I'm not going all in on Action Force 2.0 but I am going to pick up the odds and sods I had as a teen.....and even then Snakey was top of the pile. My almost completed Custom using ML Night Thrasher and assorted bits will be forever unassembled now. He is done.

Destro, Beachhead and a couple of Red Ninjas and then it's just Storm Shadow left and jobs a good'un.

Onwards, to Snapdragon and Wave 2.....the Spoilening continues.

• Like Like x 13
  17. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s starting to feel like Swummer....

Are Phineas and Ferb quotes allowed here? I forget.

In my ickle peninsula it was rather overcast this morning so I didn’t expect much from the boot, but by the time I had got there it was cap-on brightness, although as large as this pile looks, it is one score of a Power Rangers jigsaw in Zord form (I didn’t like PR but for the Zords, there is more bits of it in the bag on the floor, I am hopeful for most of 2, but more would be nice), a Scourge and KO big silver thing I rather like, and a FNAF board game...really, who thought that was a good idea?

DSC_3075.JPG

Today’s oddities are the KO? Silver weapons - the sword is already in Swindle’s hand on my desk, and a MIB (as in Will Smith) figure who has joined the good end of my desk and the charity case was a broken-arm PCC, who has joined the baddy end.

Laters

• Like Like x 4
  18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    We got a really good deal on Disney plus for the year, and we're really happy with it at least. I can see why folks might ditch it once they've seen the decent (but sparse) selection of exclusives though. It's also especially galling to see new Disney movies go to both Disney Plus and Sky cinema on the same day. I mean, surely they want to give Plus users some kind of incentive to keep the service by having these movies first, even if it's only for a week or so?

I imagine that Disney + has an important hidden function though - free market research. I don't think it's any coincidence that the Clone Wars is nearly always in the trending section and we're now getting the spin off 'Bad Batch' series.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Hmm, yes, what the none drillbitted version lacks in intimidation, it makes up for with a touch of refinement, a more civilised weapon!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  20. Siege Fan

I got three months free Sky Cinema, was astounded at the Disney stuff propping up the trash. I think what you're saying will come to pass come contract renewal time.

I could likely binge Mandalorian and a massive chunk of X-Men animated even in the 7 day trial so I won't sign up until there's at least a few Mandalorian seasons there, it's just not worth it for me when I already cancelled Netflix (work, two dogs to walk and entertain, DIY, general house duties... Urgh)

Yeah, they'd be crazy not to be seeing what's due a revival!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 4