The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    ... while cliffjumper gives him a foot rub by the looks of it :p 

• Like Like x 9
  2. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

You know, looking at Runamuck's noggin there makes me wonder if it could work as a G1ified Bulkhead head, I think it's mostly the mouthplate that makes me think that combined with it being more squared off looking more G1-ish?

What anniversary IS Dead Childhood Hero the traditional gift for?

• Like Like x 7
  3. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Liking the look of that Runamuck.
    The legs on Sunny look very G1 toy-esque to me.

Hope you're all enjoying your Scorponoks whoever has got them so far. As much as the Scorpy fan that I am, I just couldn't justify the price for a TF. Plus, I have nowhere to store him!
    Maybe if Smyths reduce him/Bargain Max have him then I may consider but I can live safe in the knowledge that G1 Scorponok is enough for me (I'll take that thing to the grave!).

On a different note; anyone selling TFs actually managing to sell their stuff? Just wondering whether it's worth putting a few bits together.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Dezepticon

Dezepticon Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    My Cliffy has been behaving like a bit of a degenerate lately...

• Like Like x 5
  5. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Runamuck looks great. Time was I'd have considered the fake chest as cheating, and from an engineering perspective it absolutely is, but as a toy it's a clever move. Him and inevitable Selects Runabout are top of my looking-forward-to list.

I don't need that Scorponok, but I'm enjoying all your pictures, keep em coming! :) 

• Like Like x 6
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    What to do when you haven't really got a plan for one of your remainder Frankensteined Micromaster Monstrosities?

*SPANDAU BALLET INTENSIFIES*

DSC_0054.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  7. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    So thinking about the Crossover series, damn happy to be getting the DeLorean and Maverick this year. It has set my speculation gland into overdrive, and I've constructed a wishlist - not including KITT or the A-Team van, as they basically NEED to happen. Many of these I doubt would ever be in contention for coming from adult movies and for just being silly.

1. Bluesmobile from the Bluesbrothers
    2. Mutt Cutts mobile from Dumb and Dumber
    3. The Oldsmobile from Evil Dead (with possessed evil decepticon bot mode naturally)
    4. The Jungle Explorer from Jurassic Park (I had this when I was a kid and loved it. The Jeep would be fine too, but why not both? with Jurassic Park style dinobots?)
    5. Mirthmobile from Waynesworld OR Shagmobile from Austin Powers
    6. APC/ Dropship and/or powerloader from Aliens.
    7. Herbie from The Love Bug (come on, quick Bumblebee repaint)
    8. Italian Job Mini Cooper(s)
    9. The bus from Speed. Because there has NEVER been an offical transformers bus toy! We've had space dragons and fucking burger bots, but never a figure from the most ubiquitous method of public transport across the world.
    10. The milk float from Speed 3 and/or the dumper truck with mobile mass trailer

[​IMG]

Those two would have to be Titanmasters, with TR Dougal and Ted figures. With a bunch of energon cube accessories so we can recreate this timeless scene

• Like Like x 12
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Pure wee hypocrite, giving Mirage dogs abuse and accusing him of being a Decepticon, and here he is fraternising with the enemy.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Ah, my favourite end cap scene of Father Ted.
    "THOSE WOMEN WERE IN THE NIP!!!"

• Like Like x 10
  10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

He'd look well with those golden Lagoon figures

• Like Like x 10
  11. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

The jungle explorer would look amazing with that paint job on a robot mode. Bluesmobile would need the giant speaker as a must and titan master jake and elwood. And yes to the aliens dropship certainly. Lovely design for an aircraft.

Ah, speed 3. My favourite episode of father ted. Bloody hilarious!

Today's deskbots are a pair of blue guys that just love their alt modes too much!
    IMG_20200708_124414.jpg IMG_20200708_124406.jpg IMG_20200708_124358.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  12. Xaran Alamas

Here's a thought for an Aliens Transformer: The Power Loader is the robot mode and the alt mode is a dropship/apc? I've no idea how it would work in practice.

As for Kitt, when he happens he needs to have a cylon style eye. Would be awesome if it could be a holographic sticker thing for the eye that you tilt it and it looks like it's scanning back and forth.

• Like Like x 6
  13. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Oh $#!* what are we gonna do now?

Tracks is way overdue an update. It’s a good figure but I’d like to see him in part 3 of WFC

• Like Like x 5
  14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    A firm favourite across the land. Many years ago while at a family wake, I ended up talking with a priest about Father Ted, and he mentioned that part in particular as a favourite of his. As well as the tentacles of doom episode. He said he knew more than a few clergymen with a class 4 holy relic up their backsides. Oh the withering stares we got from my aunt...

Of course they would need the giant speaker. They are on a mission from Primus.

A triple changing Aliens figure would blow my tiny mind from the inside out. Just like a chest burster.

You've actually twigged the old grey matter, the power loader mode could - with a little bit of artistic license - be a suitable homage to the Actionmaster Exo-suits

[​IMG]

The KITT cyclone eye holographic would be nice, but they could try the same gimmick Generation Metroplex's eyes had too.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Taken a punt on some Cherry Red RiT dye, as I know from that other fella's stonking red for Siege Ratchet that it should do plastic, from my regular Dye Supplier.
    Looks like the price has gone up a quid for your bottle of dye BUT that's not a bad price hike given current circumstances plus includes Free Postage, and that there's plenty of re-use per bottle if you store the dye used.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

I have a big soft spot for the SWTFs, I have kept one of all of them bar the 400 million recolours of the starfighters, in bot mod both the starfighters were ok, being as they were fatty and thinny against each other, QC wise I take the point on the 'GPS even where it wasn't G' on the Falcon, and the front hinges of the starfighter canopies, clear plastic...hmmm.....but little touches like the lightsabers and the ickle figures made them rather fun.

'The first rule of Star Wars TF Club is.....we don't talk about the At-At bot mode'.
    'The second rule of Star Wars TF Club is.....WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE AT-AT BOT MODE'!

No Wish dinos yet....yawn..... and my procrastination about pre-ordering Arcee et al staunchly continues,
    ironic really.

Laters.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Xaran Alamas

Huh, I didn't know about that gimmick on Metroplex, that would be cool.
    And those action master exo suits look GLORIOUS :D 

• Like Like x 3
  18. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    hmmmm.....
    [​IMG]
    I mean, I've seen worse... but duly noted.

It was a cool gimmick, but there is so much going on with Gen Metro, it is easy to forget! I've actually the Unique Toys head upgrade on mine, so I compelely forgot about it until you mentioned the cyclon eye.

I had Slicer and his delightfully purple exo-suit. The motorised function was wild too, once it was switched on, the damn thing would take off like a beast.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I think the two tone yellow (thanks to plastic and paint not quite matching) helps, to be honest. That and the black manage to make it visually interesting enough for my liking. And I suppose it's fitting that, like Wheeljack, he needs posing to not look altogether frumpy.

And yet it still works differently, with Wheeljack's tucking inside the leg (and inevitably popping off) and Streaky's staying put. But then you've also got Streaky's entire lower leg being backwards compare to Wheeljack, just so that it looks enough like the G1 dude. That's commitment right there, since they could just as easily left the transformation alone.

Honestly you do a better job of reviewing than most. Somewhere along the line people have got the impression that 'review' means 'description'. Fuck that noise. You want to know what a toy looks like, look at a photo. You want to know how it feels to have in your hands? Talk to our Barry.

• Like Like x 8
  20. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I've scored one for Old Blighty. Chalk that up as my first post in the reviews section too!

• Like Like x 12