The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much the same with De Gea, a handful of mistakes are forgiveable when you look at his contribution to the club post Fergie because without him they'd have sunk a lot further but it's happening too often now so maybe time to give Dean Henderson a chance.

I'll like the midfield more when Pogba's gone because he doesn't contribute nearly enough and it's pretty clear he doesn't want to be there. In 14 games Bruno Fernandes has been everything Pogba is supposed to be and more and from his interviews he doesn't appear to have his head up his own arse either, Pogba's whole demeanour is irritating, the phony swagger when he moves around the pitch and all the other posing would be tolerable if he was contributing significantly but he hasn't done that at any time since returning to the club and I think it's time to cut their losses and reduce the asking price in order to get him out the way.

On the other hand I'm excited by Mason Greenwood as he already looks more composed in front of goal than either Rashford or Martial and isn't scared to shoot with both feet. If they can manage his development and avoid him being fast tracked into the England setup where the media will destroy his confidence he really could be something special for years to come.

Whilst not being something I collect the Weaponisers look like a lot of fun as like the weapons that came with early Iron Factory figures they can be used with so many different figures in all kinds of ways.

Had a message from TFS this morning with a refund for my Magic Square Seekers as they went out of stock before they got to my order but Show Z Store still have them so I ordered from there instead.

Batman = If Keaton is playing him again I might have to make an exception to my "no DC" rule because I abandoned ship after "The Dark Knight" because the experience was akin to being at the seaside on a rainy day in winter when everything's shut.....utterly depressing.

Not sure how I feel about seeing movies in a cinema again post lockdown as I wasn't the biggest fan of them before. It's not so bad if you go at a quiet time or you're with someone but it's a bit soul destroying when I'm on my own and have nobody to talk about the movie with afterwards.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Welcome aboard the train of insanity fellow traveller....

• Like Like x 5
  3. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Hear, hear! Siege Shockwave is probably my favourite Generations figure.

A thing of beauty!

Right, and it really helped when you had super creepy stories like 'Man of Iron' that really leaned into how alien they were. I'd love to see a weird little pocket universe that explored that.

I see what you did there.

I actually love the Datsun boys, Those alt modes have lovely curves.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Thankyou, kind sir :) 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Because her indoors won't touch the average blockbuster or even a war movie, I usually go to the cinema on my own rather than spend ages arranging it with friends and family (plus some folks are unreliable!).

Actually prefer going on my own, I get there early with my ticket printed and go grab a seat at the back (I'm silly tall so that helps!), then it's off into town if it's an afternoon or go food shopping or something. If I'm paying bus fare I make the most of it lol

• Like Like x 4
  6. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

At £30 I'd be all over it but my Smyth's is pretty shit tbh.

In terms of Greenwood, kid looks absolutely lethal. Second goal yesterday was probably better than Martial's, and I love Martial.

In terms of Pogba, I feel slightly triggered because your opinion is one that I really take umbrage with. Before the resumption of football I would still take umbrage with it, but since we've started playing it, for me, is an absolutely ludicrous position to take. From the moment he came on as a sub in the Spurs game and made a Wan-Bissaka-esque sliding tackle, he has been class and an integral part of a midfield which is giving me joy for the first time still Scholes-Carrick. He contributes plenty, from being our top scorer last season, to his more reserved role alongside Matic right now. His possession retention, passing accuracy, dribbling are all insane. And I'm not sure which interviews you are referring to in which he has his head up his own arse, nor is his demeanour anything bad. His gait isn't a swagger, it's just his way of walking. Due to his price tag, the fact that Manchester United really shoved him down our throats due to their marketing drive (#pogback), and his irritating agent, he became lightning rod for everyone's frustrations. Everybody wanted him to pick up the club on his back and do everything himself, and when we failed, it was always only his fault, despite the fact that there were many players around him who were playing far worse. There are no losses to cut right now, he's a phenomenal player and arguably one of the most naturally gifted players in the world. With everybody else performing around him and people like Fernandes to shoulder the burden too, we will see a Paul Pogba not crushed by the pressure of having to carry his entire team whilst being hated by segments of his own fans, but a natural Paul Pogba allowed to play his own game and show his exceptional abilities. People never talk about how Fernandes was actually pretty bad for the first couple games, because right now everybody loves Fernandes regardless of what happens on the pitch. Narratives colour what actually happens on the pitch, and it happens frequently at Manchester United because it is a club who other fans take great delight in mocking, creating a very frustrated fanbase who pick targets in their own club and ridicule and mock them for no other reason than to blame something.

Sorry for the rant, it's something I feel strongly about. Sorry for all the people not interested in football for having to skip over it.

And in terms of movies, I've been going on my own for a long time. It's better with someone else though.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

So my Springer wouldnt seem to transform nicely, having a close look last night and the pin holding in one of the arms was piercing out the side of the piece it was supposed to be in the middle of. Pin and arm pulled right off with very little pressure, and the pin was very bent. Obviously a fault in manufacturing, I only transformed him once and as i say i could tell something was off.

Requested a return from the ebay seller and he's not keen. Feel sorry for the guy, he's not a big time seller, box was sealed so clearly not his fault but unfortunately is his responsibility. But had to laugh at this line in his response.... "and for it to come out broken i have never heard of in all the years i have had transformer toys." Never in all his years of transformers has he heard of one being broken or faulty out of the box! never! in years!

• Like Like x 3
  8. IrnBro

IrnBro Well-Known Member

eBay are generally pretty good with returns and at least in my experience refund things out of their own pocket. But those were for small transactions, not sure how they would deal with something that was more.

Coincidentally I also ordered a Springer off eBay a couple of weeks ago. Was due to arrive at the end of June but no sign of it so far. Really hope it hasn't been lost in the post or something. Will start pressing the issue with the seller and eBay if it isnt here by Monday

• Like Like x 2
  9. Popemon

Popemon Well-Known Member

yeah im not too worried, ebay should refund even if the seller refuses. My Springer took an age to arrive too, probably the same seller, there weren't many uk based Siege Springers on ebay a couple of weeks ago! Hope yours is ok when you get it.

Question is, do i get a new Springer or something else? Probably the least fun one i had in the short time i had him. Does look nice though.

• Like Like x 3
  10. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    Bad things are going to happen.

IMG_20200705_143930282_HDR.jpg IMG_20200705_143850023_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  11. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I've had countless items go missing recently from both eBay and Amazon sellers (from screws to toys), yet I've sent multiple packages all around the UK, just slightly delayed. Bloody weird.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And possibly my favourite Batman scenes in a film full of favourite Batman scenes. The part where he's flying over a terrified population in hallucinatory chaos, eyes and mouth blazing like a hungry, vengeful demon.. it's just brilliant. And that's how Gotham at large is introduced to the Bat? Masterful.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

For a jet with a honking huge missile strapped on top, this is a pretty sweet jet. And the missile truck is gnarly too. Do people still say gnarly? I'm gonna say it. The missile can pivot up to launch and the tail fins can be folded across to act as a blast shield. I've got this mould customised as flywheels, but with these upgrades, this just feels right for Clouder. GOD ON!!
    IMG_20200705_165536.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Definitely, and I'm inclined to believe that could be a Jonah Nolan contribution because it seems to me Chris is more the grounded materialist Michael Mann crime film type, especially given what happened afterwards, but his Bro has the poetic bent to really grasp mythologising, and it's just not ham-handed enough to be a Goyer metaphor IMHO!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

@nemisispringer Do you have any pics of your Combiner Wars barricade to hand? I'm looking for some inspo (plagiarism)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The DMY set is still one of the all time best upgrade kits IMHO.
    I really dig the way you can mistransform the tank to be a bit more missile transport-y by using his blue knuckles as a faux side cockpit window.
    DSC_0020.JPG DSC_0021.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  17. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Idtoys have preorders up for these guys Screenshot_20200705-180148_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Link here bud feel free to steal any ideas, biggest tip if say is don't spray paint the shoulders as that way you won't need decals for the police markings. Just brush the areas you want black instead.
    Minor/Repaint: - Are you ladiesman217? (CW Barricade)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Oh that is a nice touch. I'll be doing that from now on. Agree on the kit, it's simple yet very effective and has an excellent build quality, although the missile and rack can be a little fiddly first time when you don't know what you're doing but end results speak for themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Cool. I’m umming and erring on the shuttle lads, but that’s only because I don’t have the G1 versions.

• Like Like x 3