The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

@Seeaich,
    I guess if there's any problems with the rubber bits I can still display him in all his leopard print and gold goodness but definitely something to keep an eye on.

My dabbling with Joe's is something I'll try and keep under control, just not a great deal of Transformers on the immediate radar for now.

@MyTea Boc,
    I imagine Roy's daughters having a tricky time the first time they bring a boy home,
    "This is my Dad"
    ( Boy sees the death stare and legs it )

Apparently he has a soft side as he likes dogs and has done some appearances to help raise money for related charities. Which is a bit like if Darth Vader liked kittens :D 

In other news,
    Weather here is now nice and cool & rainy. So I'm able to get some sleep again, which is good :) 

• Like Like x 8
  2. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Jetfire does have ankle articulation. It's tabbed in super securely, but one you unlock it, he has side-to-side ankle pivot. No front-to-back, though.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, had my first ever eBay sale in 18 years turn up at the buyers damaged (hopefully the only one). Typical, had to be Leader TLK Premier Dragonstorm arrived with a broken dragon head. Would be Dragonstorm, if they weren't missing heads they were rather vulnerable to postal. My usual bomb proof packaging (double boxed iirc) but it had gone awol in post for a couple of days which usually means its taken a battering.

I've just refunded the buyer in full and let him keep it.

Of course, there was always the risk with Dragonstorm the buyer was using it as a swap for one of the cheap Chinese imported ones that were all damaged hence the silly cheap eBay pricing, but I like to think the best of people.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted a day or two ago that StarActionFigures has Crosshairs. My local Smyths has 4 in stock apparently on their online system.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I’m surprised at how much of Siege is still sitting on the shelves with Earthrise going onto wave 2 and beyond.

Saw the same Siege Megatron in the exact same spot on that shelf in my Smyths that has been sitting there since last October. They had a restock back then because I went to grab a new Prime after the waist on my first one snapped.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I picked up three figures from Smyths just over a week ago they had 14 Siege Sideswipes on the shelf. That surprised me. Doesn’t show that as the stock online.

Just as we were going in to lockdown they had 6 shockwaves reduced to £30 each. Thought about taking two but only grabbed one.

• Like Like x 4
  8. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I’d probably assume those Sideswipes were apart of the restock they did when Thundercracker came out, there were plenty then along with Hound. I tend not to trust what they say online as it’s always wrong when I turn up and look in person.

£30 for Shockwave is a good deal, I paid full price for mine when he came out but don’t regret it. He’s cracking.

• Like Like x 3
  9. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the figure and that price was sweet. I got lucky.

Curious to know when in July the Seeker 2pk will be landing. Still waiting on Rung and Slitherfang which I thought was dropping this month.

• Like Like x 3
  10. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Looks great

(checks prices and availability) ouch £45 delivered from Taiwan, presumably there’s some late tax included in that price!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Same. I rarely buy standard action figures because compared to Lego or transformers, I personally find the interaction opportunities to lack surprise or innovation.

I do buy regular action figures occasionally if they're a character I truly love, but more often that not i'll mess with them for a bit and they'll go back in the box for display. I also get annoyed if their armour hinders movement and I'm not a fan of the softer style joints. I dunno, I guess I've just gotten used to/prefer the more precision tactile feel of Transformers and Lego.

But hey, that's just me and my preferences.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Today's arrivals - there would have been more but apparently dropping parcels at the door because of the crisis has ended, and that giant post box I've got is somehow invisible...

I might sell some of the Singe figures without the blast effects if anyone's interested.

The Arrow figures are for customs and Undertaker is for my mate, apparently that one's hard to get.

IMG_20200627_122538321.jpg IMG_20200627_122436176.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Thanks for the mention! Luckily, just today I got him in the Boucher Road Smyths. @joetele thanks for finding a listing too, I don’t need it now but it would have been a life saver if I couldn’t get Crosshairs in Smyths.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  14. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I agree with you. I’d buy them if i really like the character, I picked up a black series child just to put on my dashboard and I’ve got a Cal Kestis on my desk but besides that I don’t really bother.

Transformers for me is all about the play features and gimmicks, just don’t think that these RED figures will take off if you ask me personally. I think people will get turned off by them especially at the £15-20 I’m seeing if all they do is swap out hands and gather dust. I bet only the G1 A listers will sell and the other random ones will be on clearance by next Easter,

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

From memory I paid £30-35 pounds at TFN, having been put onto it by @Decepticreeps100 , given that you got Abominus for an absolute song, that’d still be less than I paid for the whole lot if that helps?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I don't think they'll do terribly, I just think they're just trying to expand the brand into the popular 6" Black Series/Lightning Collection/Legends type market. They'll be great for collectors with a vague interest in the brand that just aren't into the whole transforming thing. You never know, it could be and attempt to bring new fans into the fold.

• Like Like x 5
  17. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    I think it’ll definitely be a gateway into the wider franchise. I know personally that if I had no clue about Transformers as a parent for example and came across these for my kid while looking for action figures I’d probably be more interested in paying for one that’s about the same price but can turn into a car or jet.

I said yesterday that this will make cool desk bots as well.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This arrived yesterday taking 15 days from China.

Now just waiting on the trailer to be able to combine them all. Come on XTB, get that trailer released. Not fussed about the base mode or the trailer for transporting. Just want the structure for combining.

D05D3FCE-0E8D-4AB9-9776-B971D991BDA5.jpeg
    AF4F24E6-F96F-435A-A532-C5DE7320F97C.jpeg
    5B64CC10-DF54-445C-B3A8-02BFDF99F650.jpeg
    81873692-51B5-4AAD-9778-05E9F5D4F89B.jpeg
    01E22080-55E1-4B35-AD57-3DB272F866AA.jpeg
    8B4BD19F-2BD7-494F-89F8-F6BF0D112CC5.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  19. Brooticus

News Credits:
    And let's face it, with all the sublines, acronyms, global variants and whatnot, its a fandom that's got to seem pretty intimidating to a new collector.

• Like Like x 4
  20. RoboW4rrior298

News Credits:
    Absolutely, it’s why I’ve never gotten into the whole Macross Robotech stuff.

I love that whole fighter jet robot thing they’ve got going on but they’re all so expensive and apparently fragile which puts me off.

I wish there was a line of that built to the same quality of mainline transformers with all the pop out weapons and other stuff. I’d buy those straight up.

• Like Like x 2